Who are the top 3 shooters from defense?

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Ya because he uses his skating to get down to almost the hashmarks. Don't get me wrong, it's probably a better strategy than just firing it from the point. But it's his skating more so than his shot.

"Karlsson has the unique ability to create a shooting lane for himself by “walking the blue line” and looking guys off with his eyes like an NBA point guard."

What Shattenkirk is referring to isn't his ability to step into the play. It's his ability to find lanes while walking along the blue line and get his shot through. He isn't shooting for goals most times, he is looking for a tip or a rebound. Also I think if you look at goals scored by burns, byfuglein and OEL you will find the majority of their goals aren't scored from the blue line. Weber is probably a different story though I can't say for sure.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I'm just following what the OP specified.

Btw, if you're walking the blue line you're still on the point and not at the hash marks.

Ya Karlsson is good from the point. I just don't think he's top three.

His money shot is from the top of the left circle. Him and Ovi are probably the last two guys you want shooting from there.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Ya Karlsson is good from the point. I just don't think he's top three.

His money shot is from the top of the left circle. Him and Ovi are probably the last two guys you want shooting from there.

Well I didn't have him top three either, but I was sort of going by gut as opposed to any kind of criteria.

Anyway, it's an interesting discussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad