Who are the top 3 shooters from defense?

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
Doesnt have to be about power although it could be but accuracy and getting shots through traffic is also big. For instance Franson although idk how he has been lately but in the Leafs his shot from the blue line was great even though he didnt put much power in it.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Subban and Weber.

Not sure about the 3rd. Karlsson has a pretty good shot but it's not the weapon that Weber and Subban possess.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
Burns has an absolute laser of a wrist shot, but I've never been terribly impressed with his slapshot accuracy. I would certainly put him in the mix with guys like Subban, Weber, Gostisbehere, OEL, and Giordano. Who are all reasonable picks, in different ways.

I've been impressed from day 1, and anyone who watched him this last season knows it, but Gostisbehere has one of the most terrifyingly accurate slapshots I've ever seen. That kid can flat out pick corners.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Not top 3 yet, but Ghost has excellent accuracy. Velocity isn't elite, but it definitely is above average.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
It seems like Burns' shot always makes it through the crowd and on net.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
If we're not focusing too much on power then Karlsson has to be up there. His ability to read the play and get shots through to the net and on sticks for deflections is easily the best in the league. If we're just talking bombs from the point then I'd go with Weber, Chara and Subban.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Subban has an absolute rocket from the point, but doesn't truly hit the net as often as he should. He often misses the net and hits the defender's shin pads. If Subban/Subban's coaches figure out how to get his shots on net/past defenders, he'll be a 20+ goal defender.

Markov has an uncanny ability to get shots through.
Mark Streit also used to be really good at getting his shots through as well, although I'm not sure if that's the case anymore

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Shattenkirk magically finds the net with both his slap shot and wrist shot from anywhere on the ice. Idk where I'd rank him as I get to see him every game and others much less. Burns seems to be able to get his through from the line easily. Weber from what I remember while having an absolute nuclear missle, liked to hang out in the ovi spot

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Gio isnt even close to one of the top 3 shooters from defense.

Weber Subban Burns.

I'd argue that, he's a magician at getting it through. Maybe not his shot 100% but when you take into account fakes and timing for sure he's up there. Or does it count against him that he fakes out the first guy and steps in?

Probably got 15 goals from the point last year. No idea how to figure out assists from his shot

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I've never seen a player who takes like 95% of their shots as wrist shots from the blue line manage to get it though so often like OEL does. Not the hardest slapper, but his release is amazing to watch.

ThatSaid

May 31, 2015
Glendale Heights, IL
I've never seen a player who takes like 95% of their shots as wrist shots from the blue line manage to get it though so often like OEL does. Not the hardest slapper, but his release is amazing to watch.

If its not just about velocity, I'll take OEL and Burns. They usually get it through the traffic, and that's what I want on my blue line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad