Who are the Top 10 Goalies since 2010?

GoBuds14

Dec 15, 2015
No he’s not but he’s in the discussion. He only has 1 Vezina and never been to the cup final, doesn’t have the best stats etc. He’s the most talented, most accomplished is VERY arguable

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Who are the Top 10 Goalies since 2010 by an order?

Is Price undisputed #1?

Not even close if we are being objective.

There is no "undisputed #1" goaltender over that time frame.

I'd lean towards Lundqvist at #1 because of his performance from 2010 to 2016, especially when you look at his playoff resume during that time span.

You also have Rask, Rinne and Price who can make a claim for that position, I just feel Lundqvist was far too consistent.

Price was a bit too inconsistent outside of his peak. Over the last four years he has been below a .910 three times. .900 in 17-18, .909 in 19-20, and .901 in 20-21. He was also a .905 in 12-13. To put it in perspective, Lundqvist didn't have a season below a .910 until he was 37 years old, Price had 4 by the time he was 33.

Why .910, I'm using that because that is typically around the league average in SV%. It's usually around a .910-.912 if I recall correctly.

I'd have Price in the top-3 / top-5 for sure. #1 undisputed is an extremely bold claim.

Reactions: Huokaus and vshun

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
upload_2021-6-10_9-58-53.jpeg

llp

Jun 2, 2008
Rask
Price
Rinne
Lundqvist
Luongo
Crawford
Fleury
Quick
Bobrovsky
Holtby

Thankfully that makes 10. There's a solid 5-10 goalies that could be argued to fit in at #11 but it seems like there's a gap after these guys.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Vezina winners and runners up 2011 - 2020

Thomas, Rinne, Luongo
Lundqvist, Quick, Rinne
Bobrovsky, Lunqvist, Niemi
Risk, Varlamov, Bishop
Price, Rinne, Dubnyk
Holtby, Bishop, Quick
Bobrovsky, Holtby, Price
Rinne, Hellebuyck, Vasilevskiy
Vasilevskiy, Bishop, Lehner
Hellebuyck, Rask, Vasilevskiy

I’d go with the 8 guys who won Vezinas besides Thomas and add Bishop and Quick. I’d probably have MAF in the conversation, but he is on the outside looking in. Nobody has dominated the time period in question. Who the best is up for debate.

in alphabetical order:
Bishop
Bobrovskiy
Hellebuyck
Holtby
Lundqvist
Price
Quick
Rask
Rinne
Vasilevskiy

GoBuds14

Dec 15, 2015
Price’s eye test talent and the fact that he plays for one of the most popular teams in the league may overhype him a bit (does this thread even exist if he spent his career in Arizona?). His MVP season is certainly something he has over other goalies. That being said, he doesn’t separate himself statistically, only has 1 Vezina, and there are other goalies with superior playoff success. This is a hard ranking where you could make an argument for a number of guys.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Price’s eye test talent and the fact that he plays for one of the most popular teams in the league may overhype him a bit (does this thread even exist if he spent his career in Arizona?). His MVP season is certainly something he has over other goalies. That being said, he doesn’t separate himself statistically, only has 1 Vezina, and there are other goalies with superior playoff success. This is a hard ranking where you could make an argument for a number of guys.
If he spent his career in Arizona?

He’s generally played on mediocre to decent teams throughout his career. How would this thread look if he had spent his career in Washington?

GoBuds14

Dec 15, 2015

He’s generally played on mediocre to decent teams throughout his career. How would this thread look if he had spent his career in Washington?
I think you missed my point lol. I’m talking about fandom and media coverage in a place like Montreal vs a place like Arizona, not about quality of teams

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007

How would this thread look if Lundqvist was drafted by Chicago, Pittsburgh, L.A., Washington, Boston, etc.?

You can make that argument for a number of goaltenders.

Unfortunately, both Price and Lundqvist were drafted by organizations that couldn't put it together.

You look at Fleury, Quick, Rask, Rinne, etc, and I believe all of them played for better organizations than the other two. There is no doubt in my mind that if either Lundqvist or Price were drafted by the upper echelon of organizations that they would have at least another Vezina or two under their belt and probably a Cup or two.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Price is the only one to have a Hart in this stretch. That being said a little inconsistent.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
NHL Goalie Stats in Last 10 Seasons

Bishop, Crawford, Dubynk, Schneider are a few guys deserving of mention that will probably get overlooked due to recency bias. I doubt many will select Dubynk, but statistically close.

4th games played
9th in wins
10th in GAA over 400 games
9th in SVP over 400 GP.

The debate will be influenced by whether you skew toward guys that ended the 2010's in their prime, or look strictly at results within that 10 year period.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Lundqvist, Rask, Crawford, Quick, Bishop, Fleury, Bobrovsky, Price, Rinne, Holtby (not in order)
HM: Luongo, Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck (all because they have played fewer seasons)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Corey Crawford was easily one of the top 5 goalies of era but voters robbed him of much deserved Conn Smythe and generally ignored him in Vezina voting

And as seen here people continue to underrate him

Outside of handful of games his career essentially was 2010-11 season thru 19-20 seasons

Career Regular Season
260-162-53
2.45 GAA
.918 Sv Pct
26 Shutouts

Career Playoffs
52-42
2.38 GAA
.918 Sv Pct
5 Shutouts

2 Stanley Cups (2013 + 2015)
2 Jennings Trophies (2013 + 2015)
2x All Star
2010-2011 NHL All Rookie Team

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
Price has the #1 peak but has been inconsistent/injured. Lundqvist have 3 of his 5 Vezina nominations before 2010.

1. Pekka Rinne
2. Carey Price
3. Andrei Vasilevskiy
4. Henrik Lundqvist
5. Tuukka Rask
6. Jonathan Quick
7. Sergei Bobrovsky
8. Braden Holtby
9. Ben Bishop
10. Marc-Andre Fleury

Crow

May 19, 2014
If Corey Crawford isnt on your list I’d like you to take a look at his career and hear your stupid reasons why.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad