Who are the Top 10 Goalies since 2010?

Sanchise90

Sep 6, 2019
My rankings from 2010- 2020:

1) Henrik Lundqvist (1 Vezina, 1 additional top 3 finishes, 2 additional top 5 finishes, 1 1st NHL All Star, 1 2nd NHL All Star)
2) Pekka Rinne (1 Vezina, 3 additional top 3 finishes, 1 1st NHL All Star, 1 2nd NHL All Star)
3) Carey Price (1 Hart, 1 Vezina, 1 additional top 3 finish, 2 additional top 5 finishes, 1 1st team NHL All Star)
4) Tuukka Rask ( 1 Vezina, 1 additional top 3 finish, 1 additional top 5 finish, 1 1st team, 1 2nd team)
5) Sergei Bobrovsky (2 Vezinas, 2 1st NHL All Stars)
6) Tim Thomas (1 Conn Smythe, 2 Vezinas, 2 1st teams)
7) Andrei Vasilevsky (1 Vezina, 3 additional top 3 finishes, 1 1st team)
8) Jonathan Quick (1 Conn Smythe, 2 top 3 Vezina finish, 1 additional top 5 finish, 1 2nd team)
9) Ben Bishop (3 top 3 Vezina finishes, 2 2nd teams)
10) Connor Hellebuyck (1 Vezina, 1 additional top 3 finish, 1 1st team, 1 2nd team)

Just a few things I would say:
- Luongo's peak was pre 2010 or he might have made the list
- Vasilevsky only became a starter in 2015 and he would probably be higher if he won the Vezina this year
- Peak Tim Thomas was like the best goalie out of all these guys
- Lundqvist was like a beacon of consistency goaltending wise. He would be the undisputed number one if you could have included his other 3 top 3 finishes pre-2010

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
Price’s eye test talent and the fact that he plays for one of the most popular teams in the league may overhype him a bit (does this thread even exist if he spent his career in Arizona?). His MVP season is certainly something he has over other goalies. That being said, he doesn’t separate himself statistically, only has 1 Vezina, and there are other goalies with superior playoff success. This is a hard ranking where you could make an argument for a number of guys.
But one of the more mediocre teams...

GoBuds14

Dec 15, 2015
But one of the more mediocre teams...
The arguments I see for Price is “imagine him on a contending team”. I agree I’m sure his career and legacy looks different. That being said, it can’t be counted in debates like this, you can only go off of performance, statistics, success. Stuff that actually happened. The rest is hypothetical

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Rask
Price
Rinne
Lundqvist
Luongo
Crawford
Fleury
Quick
Bobrovsky
Holtby

Thankfully that makes 10. There's a solid 5-10 goalies that could be argued to fit in at #11 but it seems like there's a gap after these guys.
Quick also comes to my mind. It’s a shame that injuries have set him back and he isn’t quite the goalie he used to be, but those two Stanley cups he was something special…… came up absolutely clutch in both playoffs…. watching him and his flexibility was pure entertainment. Man he was fun to watch in his prime.

Reactions: Butsy Erickson

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I'd probably toss a coin between Lundqvist and Rask.
The cut-off takes away a few of King Henrik's excellent seasons while the knock on Rask is essentially that The Bruins really balanced starts between their goalies so it limited his Vezina opportunies. The consistent excellence elevates these guys.

Thomas was probably the best but not enough seasons.
Price was too inconsistent to put him #1. He struggled with his glove hand for a few seasons. Once he figured that out he struggled with pucks at his feet. It's Halak who had the most memorable playoff run as he stole the starter spot from him. Montreal just fed him to the wolves a bit too much. He's excellent but tough for me to put him at #1. Understandable if people do have him there though.

Rinne, Bobrovsky, Vasilevsky, Fleury.
Crawford was pretty clutch.

Not sure what to do with Holtby or Quick or Helleybuck.

User9992

Feb 27, 2016
Andrei Vasilevskiy voted as 'The Best Goalie' by NHL players. Fleury & Price came distant 2'nd & 3'rd respectivaly.
E4GFIH1XMAYG4x8

Reactions: alexgreeen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad