• Backstrom

• Eichel

• E.Staal

• Karlsson

• Toews

Results are only viewable after voting.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Based on playing with TT and Ferland, his 200ft game and incrediable speed and vision. He has also a +8 on a worse team than Tavares(best in NHL). This poll was "right now". Not - what did you do last season...

"right now" still has to be based on more than 7 games. does stamkos and kucherov with what 1 pt deserve to be ranked lower than warren foegel?

Aho would have gotten the fewest voted in this poll. not a top 20 C yet, lets see if he can actually play the position first.

also +/-? awful, get that junk outta here

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
lets revisit 1/4 of the way through as of Oct 18th its

1. McDavid
2. Crosby
3. Malkin
4. Mackinnon
5. Bergeron
6. Matthews
7. Kopitar
8. Tavares
9. Barkov
10. Schiefele

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
It is frankly absolutely baffling that some of the names on the list aren't at 100%. Who here doesn't believe McDavid is at least top 10?

I'm genuinely curious to hear your argument.

LDX

Jan 13, 2014
Iles de la Madeleine
It is frankly absolutely baffling that some of the names on the list aren't at 100%. Who here doesn't believe McDavid is at least top 10?

I'm genuinely curious to hear your argument.

I would believe it's less about McDavid not being a top 10 than people not knowing it's a multiple choice poll and picking other players such as Crosby or Malkin for what they would consider the #1 center in the league. While the majority agrees on that, I'm sure you can understand some people would still debate that due to poor Oilers start, no playoffs, etc. If you add up all the votes, I very doubt that it will show every participant voted 10 players each.

Reactions: c3z4r

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
great start, just doesnt have the track record of these other guys. I'd like to see more of what he can do at C before putting him with the elite

The question is who are the top 10 centers right now? Track record is irrelevant

MonarchFlames

Sep 30, 2016
1. McDavid
2. Matthews
3. MacKinnon
4. Malkin
5. Crosby
6. Tavares
7. Seguin
8. Bergeron
9. Kuznetsov
10. Schiefele

Nobody will ever come close to McDavid. But from there it's really really close. I feel like Matthews will have a big year this year and thus I have him second. It's just hard to rank after 1 honestly. Everyone else is in that 2-7 pack for me.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
1. McDavid
2. Crosby
3. Malkin
4. Matthews
5. Mackinnon
6. Seguin
7. Tavares
8. Bergeron
9. Kopitar
10. Barkov
--------------
11. Stamkos
12. Scheifele
13. Kuznetsov

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
The question is who are the top 10 centers right now? Track record is irrelevant

Of course track record is relevant. Track track gives you a sense of where the player will realistically finish this year. No one is telling you to go look at what happened in 2013 to decide today - but what happened in 2017 and 18? Absolutely relevant.

Matthews is pacing for 160+ points. Yet he's never hit 70 in his career. "Right now" isn't about 7 games, but it's about putting that 7 games in the context of what he's done so far in his career. Doesn't mean you have to predict he'll barely hit 70 - but it means you have to temper your expectations and acknowledge it's been 7 games.

So yeah - track record is an essential component of voting here.

Otherwise Crosby has slid down to become only the 41st best center in the league - bc that's where he ranks among centers for scoring so far this year.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
lets revisit 1/4 of the way through as of Oct 18th its

1. McDavid
2. Crosby
3. Malkin
4. Mackinnon
5. Bergeron
6. Matthews
7. Kopitar
8. Tavares
9. Barkov
10. Schiefele

I think those top 8 are 100% undeniable. The last 2 are a bit more open for personal preference.

Not sure i agree necessarily with the order of the top 8 - but they should all be there.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Of course track record is relevant. Track track gives you a sense of where the player will realistically finish this year. No one is telling you to go look at what happened in 2013 to decide today - but what happened in 2017 and 18? Absolutely relevant.

Matthews is pacing for 160+ points. Yet he's never hit 70 in his career. "Right now" isn't about 7 games, but it's about putting that 7 games in the context of what he's done so far in his career. Doesn't mean you have to predict he'll barely hit 70 - but it means you have to temper your expectations and acknowledge it's been 7 games.

So yeah - track record is an essential component of voting here.

Otherwise Crosby has slid down to become only the 41st best center in the league - bc that's where he ranks among centers for scoring so far this year.

The question isn't who are the top 10 centers with the most points so far this season, is it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad