Malkin
McKinnon
Kopitar
Bergeron
Getzlaf
Schiefele
Mathews
Backstrom

no tavares? how does a guy coming off 37g/84 pts, and putting up 6g/11pts in 7 games this year not make a top 10 at his position? is it because he didnt give the habs a second though in UFA?

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Offense isn't everything and I took that into consideration. I also took health into consideration and right now I take Kuzy and Tavares over Matthews. Kuzy's playoff performance also weighed heavily in my choosing. Matthews just isn't there. Sorry you're offended by a list. Apologize to your therapist for me. I didn't mean to trigger you.

so if playoffs weigh heavily mcdavid has to drop out of the top 5 at least right?

there is no way in 2018 that nik backstrom is better than AM34 and it looks like the majority agree with that

since the start of last year its

AM: 44g/35a/79pts in 69 games
NB: 22g/56a/78pts in 86 games

double the goals, and more points in 17 less games. not close. playoffs....thats called recency bias. did you factor in backstroms og/2a in 9 game playoff? how about his 1g/3pt in 7 game playoff? two times he had 8 pts in 13 games...
but nah he was the 5th best player on a cup winning team (kuz,ov,carlson,holtby) so he makes the list

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
McDavid
Crosby
Malkin
MacKinnon
Bergeron
Matthews
Kopitar
Tavares
Barkov
Schiefele

Kuznetsov and Seguin are approx. 50 votes back of 10th. No one else has a chance to crack the list

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
so if playoffs weigh heavily mcdavid has to drop out of the top 5 at least right?

there is no way in 2018 that nik backstrom is better than AM34 and it looks like the majority agree with that

since the start of last year its

AM: 44g/35a/79pts in 69 games
NB: 22g/56a/78pts in 86 games

double the goals, and more points in 17 less games. not close. playoffs....thats called recency bias. did you factor in backstroms og/2a in 9 game playoff? how about his 1g/3pt in 7 game playoff? two times he had 8 pts in 13 games...
but nah he was the 5th best player on a cup winning team (kuz,ov,carlson,holtby) so he makes the list

Well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Also, McDavid has 9 points in a 13 game playoff run. Matthews put up 2 points in 7 games during his most recent run.

So no, McDavid does not drop out of the top 5. He has the hardware and is the best in the game. Just because you think Matthews is a top 3 player in the league doesn't mean everyone else does. You're clearly biased and angry that people have an opinion that differs from yours. Backstrom has consistently had 70-80 point seasons the last 5 years and he's stayed healthy. Health and that consistency matters. Hence why he made the list. And yes I did factor in his playoffs, 23 points in 20 games as of just last season. I also factored in Matthews playoffs..you know the 2 points in 7 games. It's for right now and those are 10 centers I take over Matthews.. right now.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
McDavid
Crosby
Malkin
MacKinnon
Bergeron
Matthews
Kopitar
Tavares
Barkov
Schiefele

Kuznetsov and Seguin are approx. 50 votes back of 10th. No one else has a chance to crack the list

if you think Tavares is on Kuznetsov's level loool

crazy how in a year you're a bigger JT fan than I

Kuz

May 11, 2015
no tavares? how does a guy coming off 37g/84 pts, and putting up 6g/11pts in 7 games this year not make a top 10 at his position? is it because he didnt give the habs a second though in UFA?

So a hot start this year is what we should look at?

He was 11th in points per game last year for centers(10th if you remove Giroux) and considering that his defence isnt exactly top notch I would say 0,98 PPG on Bergeron or a 0,99 PPG Barkov is better players. This poll favours Tavares a little tough as he has a hot start to this years season and hes now a Leafs player so he will get a lot of extra votes. Still Tavares start of the season isnt that special either. Its quite a normal hot streak. What Matthews has done is special tough, but Tavares seems more like a normal hot streak that most elite players would hit 11 points in 7 games sometime in the season. Hes 10th (removing Marner from NHLs list) in PPG for centers so far. He just has a couple of games more so hes high in total points so far.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Players with over 300 Votes
1-McDavid
2-Crosby
3- Malkin
4-Tavares (really?)
5- Mackinnon
6-Bergeron
7-Matthews
Tavares has been labelled a top 10 center for years now, even going into this year. Not exactly news.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
The definitive top 10

1. McDavid
2. Malkin
3. Crosby
4. Mackinnon
5. Bergeron
6. Matthews
7. Kopitar
8. Kuznetsov
9. Barkov
10. Seguin

8,9,10 are pretty close with Schiefele, Tavares, Barzal, Backstrom

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
In order of appearance:

McDavid
Crosby
Malkin
Matthews
Mackinnon
Bergeron
Kopitar
Getzlaf
Scheifele
Barkov

Getzlaf may be the most controversial but I feel like he's still really good all-around.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
My list:

1. Mcdavid
2. Crosby
3. Malkin
4. Mackinnon
5. Matthews (need larger sample size)
6. Kopitar
7. Bergeron
8. Barkov
9. Tavares
10. Kuzy/Backy

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I`d take Aho before Bäckström and Tavares at this point.

based on aho having 1 pt more than tavares so far? Tavares had had six straight seasons of 66+pts, aho hasnt topped 65 yet. tavares is better by a lot.

Reactions: pikkuvaimo

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Well right now the Top 5, according to the votes above is.

McDavid
Crosby
Malkin
MacKinnon
Bergeron

That's pretty hard to argue against.

matthews is 2 votes back of 5th, so bergeron isnt exactly set in stone at 5

the top 4 is locked though

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
based on aho having 1 pt more than tavares so far? Tavares had had six straight seasons of 66+pts, aho hasnt topped 65 yet. tavares is better by a lot.

Based on playing with TT and Ferland, his 200ft game and incrediable speed and vision. He has also a +8 on a worse team than Tavares(best in NHL). This poll was "right now". Not - what did you do last season...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad