Speculation: Who Are The Possibly Candidates To Be The Next GM?

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
All Kelly did was take what babcock said, and fit it into his narrow narrative. Nothing he said at all even remotely infers he wants to come to TO

Lots of teams have money for good coaching. Ridiculous to think any team would take a lesser coach because of money that doesn't count against the cap

Until Babcock's contractual obligations are up with his current team, he isn't going to openly say he wants to go anywhere. That's just called professionalism. Think about it...

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Until Babcock's contractual obligations are up with his current team, he isn't going to openly say he wants to go anywhere. That's just called professionalism. Think about it...

So what's the story then? "Wishful thinking with Leaf fans" News at 11, because if he hasn't said anything, then there is nothing to say about him coming here, except you hoping he does

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
A Tim Murray hiring would be a step in the right direction if Shanahan does not want to recycle GM's.

Murray scouted, was a GM at the AHL level, and was an Assistant GM for 7 years in the NHL. That's a resume I want as our next GM.

Reddaye

Nov 1, 2011
New Brunswick
Does it matter to you if he feels like he's up to the challenge?

To a degree yes. Feeling you're up for the challenge, and actually being suitable to take on and succeed at that challenge are two different things.

I'm a little wary of Babcock being a GM. I'm not saying it would be a disaster or anything, but he apparently doesn't have management experience which is a bit of a red flag.

He might be amazing at it as well. A lot of uncertainty when it comes to people without the resume. I'd rather have someone with scouting and management experience personally.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
To a degree yes. Feeling you're up for the challenge, and actually being suitable to take on and succeed at that challenge are two different things.

I'm a little wary of Babcock being a GM. I'm not saying it would be a disaster or anything, but he apparently doesn't have management experience which is a bit of a red flag.

He might be amazing at it as well. A lot of uncertainty when it comes to people without the resume. I'd rather have someone with scouting and management experience personally.

I personally think he's ready to be the league's next Pat Quinn.:)

david999

Jan 21, 2011
All Kelly did was take what babcock said, and fit it into his narrow narrative. Nothing he said at all even remotely infers he wants to come to TO

Lots of teams have money for good coaching. Ridiculous to think any team would take a lesser coach because of money that doesn't count against the cap

I don't think you understand my point. Toronto will probably be willing to outspend any other NHL team right now to get the best coach available, and it looks like Babcock might be available:shakehead

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Are coaches and management's contracts up at July 1 like players, or any other time.

Dudley left just before the draft, but did not sit at the Habs draft table.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Are coaches and management's contracts up at July 1 like players, or any other time.

Dudley left just before the draft, but did not sit at the Habs draft table.

i think for assistants you can interview, and take the job at any time (but I'd assume this close to draft -even though it's several months away)n they can't sit at the draft table etc)

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
i think for assistants you can interview, and take the job at any time (but I'd assume this close to draft -even though it's several months away)n they can't sit at the draft table etc)
I remember since Dudley took that job with Montreal so close to the draft Burke had requested him not being allowed to sit at their table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad