Who are the most overrated/underrated teams going into 19-20?

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Right.... and the blues almost lost in round 1 to Winnipeg. The Blues aren't the god of the NHL.....

The Blues beat the Jets in the first round in 6 games with Schwartz getting a hattrick during the elimination game. The blues didn't almost lose to Winnipeg.

Also, the Blues did win the stanley cup sooo if there's any god of the NHL, it's going to be your cup winner, dont you think?

Ahoy there

Always in control of my stick
Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
how can you argue that Columbus's situation looks better or similar than those teams?
  • Carolina: Added Dzingel, Haula, Gardiner, lost Slavin, Ferland, Williams. I'd argue they upgraded by covering a position they were weaker with Gardiner
You spelled Faulk wrong

Reactions: abo9

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
first of all I never claimed superiority over other teams just one in particular after said fan of that team wanted to **** on my team in October in which my team just spanked.

The leafs have been getting spanked for almost 60 years, their fan base's butts are very sore and need a break. Take it easy on them.

Sasquatchbreath

Oct 7, 2019
For anyone who doesn't say the Coyotes don't know hockey. They're primed to surprise a lot of people this season. Because they're WAY of the NHL national media radar, they go unnoticed most of the time.

One of the Ducks main problems for the past 5-7 years is that they're slow. They're slowly getting rid of the slow dead weight but it's going to take another season or two before they can actually. Sure, injuries but lets be serious here. The problem with the Ducks isn't the coach. It's the GM who put them together.

That team was a perennial playoff team. They beat a lot of good teams in the playoffs too and were in the Western Conference finals twice in the last 4 years. They draft exceptionally well on top of that. I dont agree with your assessment at all.

Last edited:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Over-rated....Leafs. One of the worst defensive team in the league while also being one of the softest teams in the league.
Shitty defense and no grit doesn't equal cup.
Under-rated,..I'll get back on that one.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
That team was a perennial playoff team. They beat a lot of good teams in the playoffs too and were in the Western Conference finals twice in the last 4 years. They draft exceptionally well on top of that. I dont agree with your assessment at all.

The NHL has gotten infinitely faster while the Ducks lack of speed and age (Kesler, Getzlav, etc) has left them in the dust.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
For anyone who doesn't say the Coyotes don't know hockey. They're primed to surprise a lot of people this season. Because they're WAY of the NHL national media radar, they go unnoticed most of the time.

One of the Ducks main problems for the past 5-7 years is that they're slow. They're slowly getting rid of the slow dead weight but it's going to take another season or two before they can actually. Sure, injuries but lets be serious here. The problem with the Ducks isn't the coach. It's the GM who put them together.

It has less to do with the National media radar and more to do with a ho-hum roster. I’m not sure Kessel is the guy that’s going to drag them to the playoffs, and if not him, who?

The ducks don’t have prime Getzlaf anymore, simple as that. Nobody’s fault really, just what happens. Until they find a replacement, it’s hard to see them making much noise.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
It has less to do with the National media radar and more to do with a ho-hum roster. I’m not sure Kessel is the guy that’s going to drag them to the playoffs, and if not him, who?

The ducks don’t have prime Getzlaf anymore, simple as that. Nobody’s fault really, just what happens. Until they find a replacement, it’s hard to see them making much noise.

The Ducks don't have a roster that can compete with the lightning fast pace of the NHL. Simple as that.

Sasquatchbreath

Oct 7, 2019
The NHL has gotten infinitely faster while the Ducks lack of speed and age (Kesler, Getzlav, etc) has left them in the dust.

Sure but you said the last 5 to 7 years. I think they will surprise this year anyway. They are not that bad imo

Kennedys

Jul 22, 2015
Saguenay
Underrated :

connor-mcdavid.jpg

Overrated :

SoehPi4.jpg

Reactions: skinnyFAT91

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I was going to say Tampa but after shellacking the Leafs and their mega star laden team.

Toronto - overrated
Carolina - underrated

Canes look like tough outs right now. My lightning look pretty weak too so I don't want Leafs fans to think I am singling them out.

ZzZz

Dec 22, 2017

Slowest guys they have is Getzlaf who looks injured, and I guess Ritchie isn't exactly flying out there; everyone else is at least a decent skater.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Leafs overrated for the third straight year, by media and starstrucked fans! Tampa overated, has much to prove after that playoff, regular doesnt matters, ask old WSH teams! HM, Flames, soft as marshmallows, a dream to get in the first round, if they even clinch!

Coyotes must be the most underated team , most fans of other teams watch them 1-2 games a season and trash them. Was one of the best teams after TDL last season , a fast team, often in games and dominate chances, will have a break out sooner then later, perhaps trade for some easy goals at TDL if in the hunt or above.

HM, Carolina, fast team and fun to watch, as Arizona had to work hard for every goal, better last season but could also need a sniper!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad