• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Hard to know... but I am going to go with these ones:

:pens

- Just need to get Zucker going, remain having solid goaltending and I think they’ll go far. They’re rallying at the right time.

:canes

- just a super deep team from top to bottom. I personally think RB’A should be getting the Jack Adams. He’s been very consistent as the Canes” HC. And, TT’s return has only improved the offense immensely.

:vegas
- another deep team that makes up its lack of game breaking centers with a top D winger, great D with Pietrangelo/Theodore/Martinez, and two goalies they can use to switch off in the playoffs depending on play. They have what it takes to return to Lord Stanley.

:edmonton
- the North Division isn’t as strong as it should be, unfortunately. It was a let down for some, but it showed that others could benefit from it. Edmonton, led by McDavid and Drasaitl, can carry this team to the conference finals. Are they going to be able to surpass one of the above 3 if they meet? I don’t know. Depends on Smith, Nurse, Barrie, RNH, and the depth they currently have.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Homer vote for the Jets but even I know it would require god mode Hellybuyck.

Florida
Colorado
Pittsburgh

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
It’s pretty funny everyone is predicting Toronto here. Every other division has a diversity of potential winners but apparently no one stands a chance to the leafs, I’m curious to see if it plays out that way

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
It’s pretty funny everyone is predicting Toronto here. Every other division has a diversity of potential winners but apparently no one stands a chance to the leafs, I’m curious to see if it plays out that way

Well anything can happen in the playoffs but Toronto is clearly the best overall team in that division. Edmonton has been close these past few months now but even then Toronto has had their way with them and shut McDavid down for 3 straight games even without Matthews. It would be a huge upset if they don't advance from their division in the playoffs.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Well anything can happen in the playoffs but Toronto is clearly the best overall team in that division. Edmonton has been close these past few months now but even then Toronto has had their way with them and shut McDavid down for 3 straight games even without Matthews. It would be a huge upset if they don't advance from their division in the playoffs.
I don’t know if I’d call Toronto not making it to the 3rd round “a huge upset”

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Tampa
Washington ( as much of a coin toss as anything)
Vegas
Toronto

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
1) I think the Canes are deeper than the Lightning this year and look to finally have a goalie that can atleast compete with Vasi, voted for them but that's a true toss up for me. Winner: Canes

2) Don't trust Washington/NYI as much as I do Pitt/Boston this year and had Boston sneaking by Pitt in a close one. Another true toss up. Winner: Boston

3) Colorado is the better team but Vegas is built for the playoffs and are one of the rare teams in the league that can match a Makar/Girard duo with Theodore/Pietro. Both teams have Vezina calibre goalies. I have Colorado winning. Winner: Colorado

4) I think by now it's pretty clear Edmonton and Toronto are the best teams in the North. Toronto has our number in the past few games we've played each other but I think McDrai can carry them for a series win in another close one (this might be a homer vote but I'm going to keep wishing it into existence :) ) Winner: McDrai

What makes you think Mcdavid can beat the Leafs in a 7 game series when by your own admission the Leafs have owned the Oilers including a 3 game stretch where Edmonton scored 1 goal.

No your answer can't simply be "Mcdavid" because he played that 3 game set the Leafs have proven they can shut him down

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
What makes you think Mcdavid can beat the Leafs in a 7 game series when by your own admission the Leafs have owned the Oilers including a 3 game stretch where Edmonton scored 1 goal.

No your answer can't simply be "Mcdavid" because he played that 3 game set the Leafs have proven they can shut him down

Didn't know a 3 game stretch defines a team. Calm down and try to win a playoff round first.

Last edited:

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
:bolts

I don't think Tampa will win the Stanley Cup this year, it's incredibly hard to match the willpower of the previous cup run while also getting the bounces, and with Kuch and Stammer probably trying to find their way a bit, i think they will fall eventually. But the reason i pick them over anyone else in this division is simply put, Vasilevskiy. Even if if the Canes or Panthers outplay them slightly, they can still lose. It can be so deflating to dominate a period only to see Vasi stopping 15 shots and then Tampa countering with some quick goals once they kick it up a notch. I don't trust any of the other goalies to match Vasi in a playoff series, so i feel like i give myself the best chance with this pick. I never bet on a goalie alone, obviously it's combined with Tampa having the best roster as well (i mean this team won the cup without Stamkos), but i feel like they're really going to need Vasi this year more than ever.

:avs

I truly believe this is the year they go the deepest so far. It's a combination of some of the most dominant hockey i've seen any team play in this league this season, Vegas not having a 1C and the growth from last years playoffs that make me think so. Their almost complete comeback against the Stars last year was similar to what the Caps did to the Pens the year before they won the cup. I think the team grew tremendously for this years run, and they should have pretty much everyone back who are currently out for the playoffs.

:pens or :bruins

I couldn't decide who makes it but these are the two teams i like the best.

There's something about the Pens this year that really make me like them for the playoffs. Their defensive play when they're on their game has been really good, and their lineup has a good mix of skill, speed and tenacity. I also love the fact that it won't be another 1st round of being the favorites against at the time lower ranked teams by the public because of "Sid and Geno" like in the past few years, instead they're going right into the fire against a good team that's seen as equal. They've done well against the Islanders this year not shooting themselves in the foot and giving up easy goals only to see the Isles suffocate them, and i think they have a bit more team speed than the Caps, feels a bit like pre 17/18 that matchup. I think what i like the most is the growth this team has seen since the season started, and have no reason to believe once the playoffs get going they fall apart. We'll see if they disappoint me or not.

Bruins on the other hand can't be ignored and i really like their forward group this year. Defense isn't ideal for a complete cup run, but it's decent enough to compete with the teams in this division in my opinion. Perfection line does damage against any of the 3 possible opponents, Rask is good and they have healthy confidence against all of them now that they finally got it going against the Isles. Marchand has been one of the best players in the league this year in my opinion, and he'll be leading the way.

Gun to my head i'll say Pittsburgh but that's just a wild guess.

:leafs

This team just feels different than in years past. More mature, well equipped to deal with any of the North opponents. Offensively they can match any of the 3, while having better defense than Winnipeg, more depth than the Oilers and more starpower than the Habs. Just feels logical to pick them, and i have a feeling the goaltending will sort itself out as they go. Wouldn't be surprised to see them start with Campbell and then Andersen comes in and pulls a Holtby at some point. And i think at the end of the day, being the best team in my opinion, combined with a tremendous want to finally have success in the playoffs and solid veteran leadership when things get tough, they feel like the most complete package to me. I would be very surprised to see the Leafs playing like they don't realize it's the playoffs. I guess you never know, and the pressure will be real, but best odds are with the Leafs right now.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

The North is the only division without at least 1 other elite team, so it's no surprise it's the one division where the one elite team is getting the majority of the votes.

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Carolina
Vegas
Toronto
Pittsburgh

Last one is contingent on avoiding Boston, otherwise put them there. Pens just struggle with them for some reason. 6-2 against Caps, 6-2 against isles, but 3-5 against Boston.

Sens went 6-0 against Toronto in 2000-2001. Didn't matter. Toronto swept them in round 1.

Look at football. Saints crushed the Bucs twice in 2020. But nobody will remember that. All they will remember is the Bucs beat them when it mattered most.

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021
Considering the shape Florida was in coming out of the Summer 2020 bubble, it's pretty cool that some of you are picking them to reach the final 4

Reactions: bukwas

Ringo13

Jul 9, 2007
Before a game was played this year my son said Minnesota vs Carolina. He is 9. My response was "Minnesota might be the worst team in the league ". Maybe he's psychic or something so I'll say Minnesota, NYI, Carolina, Edmonton.

Reactions: b in vancouver

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Tampa, New York, Las Vegas and Toronto

If those are indeed the four teams, current rankings would mean semi-finals of:

NYI@VGK
TOR@TBL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad