Who actually plays hockey on HF?

keup257

Oct 4, 2010
Lower Saxony
I started playing on ponds when I was about five. 2 Years later I joined a club but only for I thing 1,5 years. But I never stoped playing and joined a club again when I was 12.

I was doing pretty well but then I took an arrow to the knee...

Now I am enjoying Beer League.

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
Beer Leaguers unite!!! :yo:

BL-oldguys3.jpg

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
I play in a mens league in the middle east. Its great mix of guys from all over the world. Some excellent players as well.

Started playing at 12. Quit at 17. Played one season at 20 then didnt play for 12 years. Feels good to be playing again.

Edgeworth*

Been playing since I was 5 in leagues(?) moved to Florida when I was 15 and just now have gotten back to the rink at 20 so yeah..played a bit during my vacations back to Canada but just now starting to play on the rinks again.

JimmyStart*

Ive been skating 2-3 times a week for a month and a half so I can finally get into it. Lessons start end of the month. I've gotten down forward skating, balance, turning and Im working on stops. (I skated when I was a kid so I had the balance and whatnot already).

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Beer Leaguers unite!!! :yo:

BL-oldguys3.jpg

LOL, thats what I am doing this year. Not because I want to run it up or be the best. I just don't have a lot of time to stay in shape anymore and A/B hockey would kill me right now. Went down to C division and back on defence (natural Center).

If I have some time this summer to drop a few pounds and build some endurance back up I'll jump back to A/B

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
Been playing since I was 4 years old, highest level was Junior Major back in the 80's. It has been 41 years and still playing 3 times a week in garage leagues.

JLHockeyKnight

IMA Real American
Apr 19, 2006
North Central Jersey
I went with yes but it depends on the poll. I haven't played since October due to knee surgery in November, but plan to start back up later this month.

Have played in a B-North league once for two seasons, I could skate (up until the injury) just didn't have the skill to keep up at that level. Generally I'll play in a B-South league, maybe C.

BLBarmada

I play, my team sucks. We lose to garbage teams all the time, hopefully I can make Junior B, we actually have good teams at that level.

Erz8771

Aug 2, 2007
T.Bay
I started skating when I was 4. Played goaltender for the first few years of minor hockey then I got bored of it and decided to play player. Played minor till I was 16 then went on to juniors where I played till I was 21. Then it was time to get a education. I'm 28 now and play beer league twice a week. Its not as fun as it used to be but its nice to get out of the house and socialize and get some exercise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad