Who actually plays hockey on HF?

Walkingthroughforest

I got the worst ******* attorneys
Aug 19, 2007
This could go in the polls section. but I think it has a better exposure on the main board. It'll be interesting to see who's in what camp on agreement on certain rules and decisions.

DeflatedFootball7

Jul 9, 2011
Nanaimo
Been playing since I was 14. Currently a Jr B prospect although the likelihood of me making it full time is the same as shooting a grape through a cheerio at 10,000 paces.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
I'm in a beer league. We play Saturday's evening at Le Collisé de Trois-Rivieres. After a couple of years of not playing I joined this small league at going back to hockey was one of the best decision I've made.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Started skating when I was ~4 and have been playing since. Played competitively through college and now I just play in beer league and pick up games.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Thread moved.
Poll is gonna be pretty biased in "the rink" isn't it, since the only people who come to this sub-forum are people who play hockey?

Anyways, yes, I play. Started playing in a league when I was around 8 (7 or 8), highest level I played at was HS hockey, just play men's league now.

OpenIceHit42

May 27, 2011
STL
Have been playing for 21 years (since I was 4) and will continue to play till the day I can't walk anymore.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Currently playing u21 AAA in Canada. Decent chance I get a d3 scholarship this year, so hoping for the best.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Currently playing u21 AAA in Canada. Decent chance I get a d3 scholarship this year, so hoping for the best.

Unless the D3 you're talking about is some sort of code I'm not aware, no, there isn't:

NCAA Division III is a very high level of play, but does not offer athletic scholarships

I hate when people say things just to impress other people they've never met/never will meet, over the internet.

The Lollipop King

4th Line = all heart
Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Unless the D3 you're talking about is some sort of code I'm not aware, no, there isn't:

I hate when people say things just to impress other people they've never met/never will meet, over the internet.

they wont give you a scholarship but they will give you credits on stuff

noobman

Nov 28, 2007
A lot of us do, but not all of us are very good!

I'm a decent D/E level player. I can hang with guys who play C, but I'd probably be the worst guy on the ice on a nightly basis. In any case I don't play league hockey anymore, opting instead for a mix of stick and puck, pond hockey, and pickup with my friends.

SouthpawTRK

Sep 18, 2009
Northern California
I started playing ice hockey about a year a half ago; definitely the most fun sport that I've ever played. I wish I would have started earlier in life, but I'm glad that I started.

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
I've been skating since I was four and still love the game to today. Trying to get kids to follow and keep skating. I have made some of the best friends in the world through hockey

duul

Jun 21, 2010

Sorry, I don't mean a full ride. Actually we just had a tournament in Pennsylvania and two kids on our team got tryouts for the d1 team at a school, and if they don't make it they still get most of it paid for playing on the d3 team.

Relax boss.

Fulcrum

Yes and love it. I've played many sports growing up, but hockey has always been the most challenging, whether its physically or technically. Pond and shinny hockey is a lot of fun, but nothing beats the feeling of winning games with the team. :D

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Sorry, I don't mean a full ride. Actually we just had a tournament in Pennsylvania and two kids on our team got tryouts for the d1 team at a school, and if they don't make it they still get most of it paid for playing on the d3 team.

Relax boss.

No, they won't. Schools don't have a D1 and D3 hockey team at the same school. If they have a D1 team, they'll have a D1 club team. If they have a D3 team, they'll have a D3 club team. They won't have D1 and D3 at the same school and D3 doesn't give out full or partial scholarships. A D3 school can give you an academic scholarship, or a scholarship to play an instrument, because they want you on their hockey team, but they can't give you an athletic scholarship, at all. And if you're friends tried out at a D1 school, I doubt the school is going to give them academic scholarships because they want them on their club team so bad.

nudie

Feb 26, 2010
Played 3 month's as a 7 year old.. thats my awesome career :) Never liked it, my father pushing me into it.. he actually played versus Börje Salming as junior many many times (they played in same league)

Played bandy in a club, and a loooot floorball and landhockey at school tho.

straka91*

I played street hockey a couple of times, does that count lol. On the entire hf site I think less than 5% have actually played hockey. Less than 1% have made into pro territory.

jwitz04

Jan 18, 2011
I play for my schools d3 club team. I try and play everyday and will also continue to do so, until I can't walk anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad