Who’s this years scapegoat? Or spacegoat?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Last season I picked Mantha as my Space Goat, and he was traded.
I also bitched about Disco endlessly, lol.
I've decided this year's goat is Houda.

I present you with Houda Goat:

Houda Goat.jpg

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Zadina or Larkin.

I can already hear the "Larkin's not doing enough to motivate the team! Give Seider the 'C'!"

Interesting point about Seider and the C.
With AA and Mantha gone... Larkin kind of becomes the face of the mediocre Red Wings era.

Greiss could catch hell if Ned bombs and Greiss isn't playing well.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
It will be guys that Holland brought in (at least by the anti Holland crowd". So DD, Ras, Zadina, and if they take a dip Larkin/Bertuzzi.

I don't think people have it in them to hate Ras and Zadina that much.
They've not lived up to expectations thus far, and nobody seems to mind very much.
It helps that they aren't paid anything.

So who makes money?
Larkin $6M - On the hot seat after two rough years.
Vrana $5,25 - Could easily find himself as spacegoat if turns into a 14 minute a night guy cause coach hates him.
Bert $4.75 - Only two years, and coming of back surgery, so I think even if he sucks, Bert's well-liked enough not to get smashed by the fans.
Suter $3.25 - Suter, if isn't scoring, is going to be soft as hell and weak. But the deal just isn't bad enough to care, even if you demoted him.
Fabbri $2.95 - Fabbri's probably gonna get traded.
Dekeyser $5 - He survived the god awful year a couple years ago. If he sucks, good bye. If he's good, maybe he gets resigned and restarts the expectations meter. But right now, nobody expects him to be a $5M player. Can't squeeze blood from a stone.
Leddy $5,5 - He'd have to get real awful, real quick to find himself himself wearing goathorns.
Greiss $3.6M - If Ned bombs and Greiss sucks, fans could turn on him. Due to his politics, some fans are just itching to turn on him anyway.
Ned $3M -Even if he sucks, I don't imagine anyone will hate this too much.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
And what happens when the team gets better, relatively speaking, but is still bad in absolute terms? I’m sure this place will all sit around silently and not say a word. Because if we know anything, it’s that the people here know how to properly set expectations and have never had an “all in or bust” mindset when it comes to assessing coaching.

Maybe I’m just jaded, but something tells me your benchmark for “the team has to get better” has nothing to do with a modest improvement that would seem logical with the improvements made to the roster. It’s that suddenly this still extremely bad roster has to find a way to play way above reasonable expectations, otherwise Blashill is still the problem.

Does this Blashill defending ever end for you?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad