NFL: Who’s the Top 5 Worst Starting QB’s Right Now?

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Not the worst. But Wilson and Brady have been the most dissapointing.

To Brady's defense, his dumb ass coach is insisting on forcing the ball down the field all the time and not really using his TEs and RBs in the passing game. Brady's biggest strenght is his ability to read a defense and get the ball out quick. Arians calls a bunch of slow developping deep passes. It is not 2007 and it is not maximizing Brady. If that is how you want to play, do not sign Brady.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I really don’t like judging some of these young QBs. Some of these guys are not surrounded by talent, have poor OL play, blocking, schemes. Sam Darnold? What is he supposed to do? He is on a bad team with a even worse coach.
It’s hilarious that quarterbacks get labeled busts on the internet faster than any other position.
I get it the QB always gets heat, but some of the criticisms are a bit much imo

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I really don’t like judging some of these young QBs. Some of these guys are not surrounded by talent, have poor OL play, blocking, schemes. Sam Darnold? What is he supposed to do? He is on a bad team with a even worse coach.
It’s hilarious that quarterbacks get labeled busts on the internet faster than any other position.
I get it the QB always gets heat, but some of the criticisms are a bit much imo
If the Saints are supposed to be QB Rehab that Bridgewater and Winston attended (although no one knows what Winston is), Darnold would be wise to end up with the Saints if Winston leaves. Saints will be in a buy-low position to get a QB with still some potential on a team that on paper won't immediately bottom out post-Brees.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
To Brady's defense, his dumb ass coach is insisting on forcing the ball down the field all the time and not really using his TEs and RBs in the passing game. Brady's biggest strenght is his ability to read a defense and get the ball out quick. Arians calls a bunch of slow developping deep passes. It is not 2007 and it is not maximizing Brady. If that is how you want to play, do not sign Brady.

Brady just needs to retire (He should've after his 6th SB win). He's 43 and there's nothing left to prove. He's won SB's. SB MVP's. League MVP's. Perennial all pro.

Even if Brees passes him in TD passes (Unlikely since Brees is retiring after this year. But who knows), nobody can make an argument who the better QB is.

And Wilson has been a huge letdown since the hot start. If he doesn't win an MVP, he doesn't make the HOF imo. He will end up a tad better than Matt Ryan.

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
To Brady's defense, his dumb ass coach is insisting on forcing the ball down the field all the time and not really using his TEs and RBs in the passing game. Brady's biggest strenght is his ability to read a defense and get the ball out quick..

Good post.. as of this Saturday Brady has thrown 28 TDs, with 11 picks.. not bad.. has a winning record as a starter in Tampa.. and like u point out, has the best understanding of opposing defenses of (probably) any active QB. Even as a middle-aged man, no way Brady is a bottom 5 QB.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The bottom 5 is pretty obvious at this point

Bridgewater (i was high on him to start since he looked really good initially but that tweet sums up his aggressive mediocrity perfectly)
Newton
Whatever garbage the Bears trot out from week to week
Darnold
Minshew

Newton is probably the worst QB in the league because Belichick refuses to let him throw the ball, which kinda the whole point of the Quarterback.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Mullens has to be down there.

Mullens would probably would be on the list if he wasn't a stopgap/injury replacement. We all know Jinny G would be the starter normal circumstances so i don't really count him persay.

The guys i have on my list are guys that are the unquestioned starter, with the exception of the Bears since both Trubisky and Foles are equally bad and have essentially split starts.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The bottom 5 is pretty obvious at this point

Bridgewater (i was high on him to start since he looked really good initially but that tweet sums up his aggressive mediocrity perfectly)
Newton
Whatever garbage the Bears trot out from week to week
Darnold
Minshew

Newton is probably the worst QB in the league because Belichick refuses to let him throw the ball, which kinda the whole point of the Quarterback.
With these teams:
Jags - in line to get Fields, or Lawrence
Jets - in line to get Lawrence or Fields or they can still stick with Fields and trade #2 pick for more draft capital
Bears - Need a QB. Trubisky is a free agent.
Patriots - Need someone as I don't see Stidham in that spot
Panthers - If they are in position to draft Lance could see them take him and let him sit a year behind Bridgewater

Bears/Pats/Saints will need a new QB next season.

If I'm Vegas, I roll Mariotta out for the next 2 games to see what he has. Maybe, you get a draft pick for him if he performs well against Miami/Denver. Or in some crazy world, they see enough from Mariotta to move Carr for a better package to rebuild that Defence. Playoffs are done as they need pretty much everyone else to lose multiple games to have any chance.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
I could see the Bears trying to get Wentz since he is unhappy being behind Hurts. Trubinsky is a bust and Foles is a bandaid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad