WHL transactions

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
Kootaney I think could trade for Morrissey, they have Reinhart and Deschaneau. Nobody in the WHL has the value to trade for Reinhart, he'd probably get a Brayden Schenn like deal.

Still hopeful Morrissey ends up in Kelowna.

If Kootaney trades Reinhart they will ask for a huge return like what the Wheat Kings got for Schenn but I can't see any team paying that high of price since it put Saskatoon in a hole and really helped rebuild Brandon.

I can't see Kootaney making a trade for Morrissey because in a year they will be in a rebuild mode and it will take quite a few assets to acquire Morrissey.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Blades trade Alex Moodie for the 2nd time this year to Brandon for a condition 8th round pick.

I like it. Papirny was being over worked and it was starting to show, and it was pretty clear Thompson wasn't quite ready. This gives them a serviceable back up goaltender for the season.

arsmaster*

I read your blog and agree with you R S.

I don't think Prince Albert did nearly as poorly as some of my buddies think. Surprised they didn't push for a 97', but to only lose Glover (96') who is a very good player and could have an overage season in the league and Lees, who's been playing more forward than defense this season is hardly a loss for the deep, deep Rockets.

You could tell this was in the works, as Hamilton said something about looking to fill that 20 year old spot, and that he thought this team was good enough to grab a marquee player. I'm surprised they went for a defensman though with all that depth back there.

Also agree that they're going to look for a 20 year old to play with Baillie and Kirkland. Any guesses?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
YES!!! I guess you guys can say I called it. Should Kelowna add a little more pieces for scraps? Maybe Brett Pollock, Cole Ully?

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I read your blog and agree with you R S.

I don't think Prince Albert did nearly as poorly as some of my buddies think. Surprised they didn't push for a 97', but to only lose Glover (96') who is a very good player and could have an overage season in the league and Lees, who's been playing more forward than defense this season is hardly a loss for the deep, deep Rockets.

You could tell this was in the works, as Hamilton said something about looking to fill that 20 year old spot, and that he thought this team was good enough to grab a marquee player. I'm surprised they went for a defensman though with all that depth back there.

Also agree that they're going to look for a 20 year old to play with Baillie and Kirkland. Any guesses?

Lots of decent names that the Rockets could target as 20 year old FW's...and these are just some:

- Zane Jones
- Jack Rodewald
- Jaimen Yakubowski
- Jayden Hart
- Zach Pochiro
- Brayden Christoffer
- Justin Hickman
- Brett Stovin

I personally think a guy like Rodewald would be a great fit. Gives them more size. He's not the easiest guy to play against.

Suter to MacInnis

Mar 20, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
Lots of decent names that the Rockets could target as 20 year old FW's...and these are just some:

- Zane Jones
- Jack Rodewald
- Jaimen Yakubowski
- Jayden Hart
- Zach Pochiro
- Brayden Christoffer
- Justin Hickman
- Brett Stovin

I personally think a guy like Rodewald would be a great fit. Gives them more size. He's not the easiest guy to play against.

Yeah Rodewald and Hickman make sense to me... either that or Hamilton has had talks with an NHL team about getting a 20 year old who is struggling in the AHL/ECHL sent back to their team if they'll trade them to the Rockets for their potential cup run.

The Rockets traded Heffley to clear this slot so anybody coming in will be a clear upgrade on him which a few of those guys are not otherwise Hamilton wouldn't have done it as he doesn't tinker with his team's chemistry lightly.

And I would bet that he has something lined up already because I don't think he'd move Heffley just to look around.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

- Zane Jones
- Jack Rodewald
- Jaimen Yakubowski
- Jayden Hart
- Zach Pochiro
- Brayden Christoffer
- Justin Hickman
- Brett Stovin

I could possibly see that. Hickman is from Kelowna and what a great way to finish off his junior career. Seattle is in an interesting position because they are real young and will most likely get that 6th/7th/8th spot in playoffs but not make it past 1st round. Its well known that the 2015/16 season will be their season to compete. So do they make a couple trades to still compete this year but really prepare for next year? Hickman? Kozun? hmmm do they dare trade Shea Theodore for a huge return? Geeze Id hate to be Russ Farwell because I truly think next season Seattle will be a powerhouse so do they focus on that season?

T-Birds are currently playing with 10 17 year olds and 3 16 year olds and may have up to 20 guys returning next year.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg

- Zane Jones
- Jack Rodewald
- Jaimen Yakubowski
- Jayden Hart
- Zach Pochiro
- Brayden Christoffer
- Justin Hickman
- Brett Stovin

Personally I highly doubt that Rodewald is leaving Moose Jaw. That team turned him around big time. Look at how bad he was on Regina. Just like that Moose Jaw turned him into an even better player. He'll probably want to stay. But if they should trade him anywhere, I say Portland or Brandon.

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
Personally I highly doubt that Rodewald is leaving Moose Jaw. That team turned him around big time. Look at how bad he was on Regina. Just like that Moose Jaw turned him into an even better player. He'll probably want to stay. But if they should trade him anywhere, I say Portland or Brandon.

Rodewald would be a good fit in Brandon they need a gritty option like Rodewald.

R S

Sep 18, 2006

Sure helps to play alongside Brayden Point, no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad