OT: Whitey Bulger was at Game 7 in Vancouver

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Given the backwardsness of our healthcare system isn't going to jail at 85 for life sort of a reward? No nursing home costs or anything a free place to ride out your days. Hardly punishment.

I don't see how Flemmi and Weeks get to walk around as free men and mouth off about this either. Those 2 are just as bad as Whitey.

People glorifying him are idiots. He's nothing more than you local hoodlum he's just willing to put a bullet in anyone's head to get what he wants and obviously had serious connections.

But yeah, I don't see any justice. I see 2 killers (and Weeks and Flemmi had to have murdered people in cold blood to earn his respect and get in deep) who got slaps on the wrist for murder and are walking free and an 85 year old guy who gets a free nursing home.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Mad respect for Whitey. If you guys think he was the epitome of evil, I'd just like to say that I wish I lived in the rosy world you live in.

American (and Canadian) Law Enforcement scares me more than Whitey Bulger ever could.

You have mad respect for someone who was convicted of murdering 11 people.

Nothing, and i mean absoutely nothing you say has any sort of legitimacy after that.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Given the backwardsness of our healthcare system isn't going to jail at 85 for life sort of a reward? No nursing home costs or anything a free place to ride out your days. Hardly punishment.

I don't see how Flemmi and Weeks get to walk around as free men and mouth off about this either. Those 2 are just as bad as Whitey.

People glorifying him are idiots. He's nothing more than you local hoodlum he's just willing to put a bullet in anyone's head to get what he wants and obviously had serious connections.

But yeah, I don't see any justice. I see 2 killers (and Weeks and Flemmi had to have murdered people in cold blood to earn his respect and get in deep) who got slaps on the wrist for murder and are walking free and an 85 year old guy who gets a free nursing home.

Two words; Pat Nee.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bulger had 20 or more Boston cops on the payroll

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Mad respect for Whitey. If you guys think he was the epitome of evil, I'd just like to say that I wish I lived in the rosy world you live in.

American (and Canadian) Law Enforcement scares me more than Whitey Bulger ever could.

How can you respect a criminal gang and be scared by another ? The mob is as despicable as the FBI and the Boston Police Department.

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
LOL, your plate sticker goes expired for a couple days and they're all over you like stink on ****; you murder a bunch of people and travel around for years, nobody even notices.

:laugh:

It is so true.

Bulger's punishment should be he has to wait last in line at the Haverhill DMV every day for the rest of his life.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
How about the story on senior IRA members flying in to Canada and being met by Southie and Charlestown mobsters who were in Montreal via the Bruins tour bus....they would coordinate travel and meet ups based on the Bruins trips- flying in from Ireland into Canada because they were not admitted into the US because of prior transgressions.

Apparently this is in the book by Kevin Cullen who has been on the case for the Globe and was a guest with Dale this morning- just heard it on WEEI on demand....what a story. Many of the Boston based guys who apparently were funnelled explosives and guns from and including a rougue FBI agent loved their Bruins and explosives. The Boston guys would buck up and see who gets to stay in Montreal and go on a bender and watch the Bruins, the others had to 'work'...yikes

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Oh cool, praising a murderer.

And not just a guy that killed within the mob. A guy that killed innocent, law-abiding people.

**** off. Losers. Both of you.

He wasn't praising him Curran categorized him as a coward and scum

Mynameismark*

lol at people calling him an old school gangster who never forgot his roots and all that. He's no better than those friggin Boston Bombers who dont give a **** about their city and such...or the people in it.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
He wants to keep his Scabs ring? :shakehead

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/9563191/whitey-bulger-wants-stanley-cup-ring-back-report-says

Bulger, according to a Boston Globe report, waived his right for a jury's decision on whether he could keep the cash, guns and other personal possessions after guilty verdicts that were handed down Monday.

But Bulger, 83, will apparently put up a fight for a 1986 Montreal Canadiens Stanley Cup ring, according to a court filing.

The Globe reported that Bulger likely acquired the ring through various connections to Chris "Knuckles" Nilan, a 13-year NHL veteran before his retirement after the 1991-92 season.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont

Nilan says he didn't get the ring from him.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=429681

"Recent media reports have inaccurately asserted that James Bulger is in possession of a 1986 Stanley Cup ring given to him by me. Those reports have no basis in fact. James Bulger was never given a Stanley Cup ring by me at any time.

I won a Stanley Cup ring as a member of the 1985-86 Montreal Canadiens. I gave that ring to my father, Henry Nilan. I am currently in possession of that ring as it is being resized as a gift to my son, Christopher.

In 1988, Montreal Canadiens general manager Serge Savard heard that I had given my original ring to my Dad and Serge generously presented me with a second Stanley Cup ring which I wear to this day.

I commissioned a jeweller here in Montreal to make three women's Stanley Cup rings for my mother, my former wife and my late mother-in-law, Teresa Stanley. My former wife and my mother remain in possession of their rings. Mrs. Stanley wore her ring in her casket and before her burial, at Mrs. Stanley's prior request, that ring was given to my daughter.

At no time, to my knowledge, did I or any member of my family give James Bulger a Stanley Cup ring. I have no idea where any ring in Mr. Bulger's possession was made and I hope that this statement provides absolute clarification in this matter."

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

Just when I think HF can't get any dumber..........:shakehead

member 96824

Yeah man! #freejahar

In serious though if this is the type of person you respect, you're ****ed in the head.

Cutielemon07

Chara is Stuck!
May 28, 2013
In my own world

Why? Just why would a Bruins fan keep a Canadiens ring? I haven't been a B's fan as long as most of you guys, but if I was given a Habs ring, I'd be sure it didn't even make contact with my skin as I threw it away.

Glad he's rotting in prison and all, but isn't it a bit moot for an 80-something man? I mean, can we come up with something harsher and not pointless?

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Why? Just why would a Bruins fan keep a Canadiens ring? I haven't been a B's fan as long as most of you guys, but if I was given a Habs ring, I'd be sure it didn't even make contact with my skin as I threw it away.

Glad he's rotting in prison and all, but isn't it a bit moot for an 80-something man? I mean, can we come up with something harsher and not pointless?

Would you really throw the ring away? I wouldn't, its worth something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad