Proposal: Which top line forward or d would you like to trade?

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Is there someone on your top line or first defense pairing that you would like to replace?
Might be a "star" who you think is one or more of: overrated, overpriced, a year away from UFA, or just needs a change of scenery. Looking for players who would still return an excellent player in a one on one trade.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Logan Couture for me. He just doesn’t have the “it factor” he had a couple years ago anymore. Could be related to all of the horrific facial injuries he’s had lately, I don’t know.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
If there’s a top pairing D that can move the puck well I’d so a 1 for 1 with Kessel

Ryan Murray for Kessel? Jackets have a large surplus of top-4 LHD with Werenski, Murray, Nutivaara, Gavrikov and depth LHD in Kukan, Harrington, and Carlsson. Kessel could potentially replace Panarin's production after he is gone.

Gotskillz2102

Jun 9, 2016
I'm listening the right offer for Jo Drouin.

Couple of proposition..

Drouin + for Spurgeon
Drouin for Nurse +
Drouin for Toffoli(bad year, he will bounce back) +
Drouin + for Ekholm
Drouin for Granlund

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ekholm or Nurse,the rest are redundant.

I'd do a Nurse for Drouin deal. I'd even throw in Reilly to sweeten it. Hate to trade Drouin cause he can pull a Hall or Seguin on us but it's not like Nurse sucks. Drouin needs to play with skill and with the Habs, Domi is the only one who fits.

But do the Oilers make this trade? Don't they need Nurse on the LD side? Or can they live without him if they add skill like Drouin? I would love to see what Drouin can do with McDavid and I think the Habs can use Nurse to play with Petry and move Kulak down to bottom pairing.

Evergreen

Jake Voracek - he is dominant when he's on his game, but he's pouty and ineffective when he's not. The Flyers have been plagued over the past few seasons with lengthy hot and cold streaks. Jake's tendency to play well when the team is going and play poorly when they aren't is IMO a big reason for these up-and-down seasons. Flyers need a change in the locker room culture and I think moving Voracek would help in that regard.

Reactions: Freedom

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Ryan Murray for Kessel? Jackets have a large surplus of top-4 LHD with Werenski, Murray, Nutivaara, Gavrikov and depth LHD in Kukan, Harrington, and Carlsson. Kessel could potentially replace Panarin's production after he is gone.
I would actually do a deal around Murray for Kessel. Having said that there’s about a zero percent chance Pitt deals with CBJ and vice versa. Especially for high profile guys

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Trouba is likely traded via a trade/sign deal before any arbitration hearing this summer.

Ehlers maybe for a good defenceman with term.....depends on what Trouba returns first though.

Jets needs are dynamic 2C & top 4 D.....Ideally RHD.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Trouba is likely traded via a trade/sign deal before any arbitration hearing this summer.

Ehlers maybe for a good defenceman with term.....depends on what Trouba returns first though.

Jets needs are dynamic 2C & top 4 D.....Ideally RHD.
Trouba + Ehlers + 2nd
For
Petry + Drouin + 5th

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Notwithstanding that anyone is moveable for the right price, no.

Does not fetch enuf as a rental, and is attractive LW bookend for Panarin until Kakko is ready, tho that may be short wait, we hope.

Zib, but only if top $ offer recognizing max value.

Add great prospects
Add Panarin
possible add Hayes if he gives us a small break now for goodwill when he retires
ready for LD prospects to emerge

so why not repurpose Zib into mo assets, esp which can directly/indirectly = sorely needed RD help?

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Trouba+Ehlers for E.Johnson+Meloche+2020 (top 5 protected) first+2019 Col third+Kamenev

Peg gets a solid top 4 damn, a decent defensive prospect who is shaping up to be bottom pair next year, a first round pick, a third line pick and a cost controlled young center. Peg will save approximately 7mil (estimating Trouba's contract while washing out the mil or two for next season).

Colorado upgrades there defense and gets a top 6 forward.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Trouba+Ehlers for E.Johnson+Meloche+2020 (top 5 protected) first+2019 Col third+Kamenev

Peg gets a solid top 4 damn, a decent defensive prospect who is shaping up to be bottom pair next year, a first round pick, a third line pick and a cost controlled young center. Peg will save approximately 7mil (estimating Trouba's contract while washing out the mil or two for next season).

Colorado upgrades there defense and gets a top 6 forward.

You know this is a terrible offer.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'd do a Nurse for Drouin deal. I'd even throw in Reilly to sweeten it. Hate to trade Drouin cause he can pull a Hall or Seguin on us but it's not like Nurse sucks. Drouin needs to play with skill and with the Habs, Domi is the only one who fits.

But do the Oilers make this trade? Don't they need Nurse on the LD side? Or can they live without him if they add skill like Drouin? I would love to see what Drouin can do with McDavid and I think the Habs can use Nurse to play with Petry and move Kulak down to bottom pairing.
The Oilers aren't trading Nurse. He is emerging as a top line two way threat, he put up good numbers, and is gaining composure and making fewer mistakes the more he plus. Plus, he is McDavid's bestie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad