Proposal: Which top line forward or d would you like to trade?

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Has nothing to do with losing Petry . That was on MacT and everyone in Edmonton was pissed the way MacT handle it , so no fault or blame falls on Petry . I like Petry but he is not as good as Trouba . Just because a player may not want to play in a certain city or country doesn't take away from his play on the ice . I bet if McDavid demanded a trade to Montreal you would defend it .
<<<<</>>>>> means 1 player is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the other. It's as if we're comparing McDavid to some 2nd/3rd line winger. That's not the case with Trouba/Petry. Trouba > Petry is one thing, but when you start saying Trouba >>>>>> Petry, that's f***ing delusional. And that last part makes no sense. Trouba is known to want to leave his team, so his value isn't as high as it would be had he wanted to stay. They know he's a goner in a couple of years at best.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
What a horrible take lol.

Ehlers is miles better than Drouin, Trouba is better and younger than Petry.

**** outta here.
Horrible take? So you agree that Trouba >>>>>> Petry? And lol no, Ehlers is a floater. How's he been for you in the playoffs? Oh, that's right: invisible where it matters most. 0 goals and 7 assists in 21 career playoff games. Nice! Just for the record, the last time Drouin was in the playoffs, he scored 5 goals and 9 assists for a total of 14 points in 17 games. Yes, Drouin is lazy AF, but at least he didn't seem to disappear when it mattered most. ;)

**** outta here.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I'm listening the right offer for Jo Drouin.

Couple of proposition..

Drouin + for Spurgeon
Drouin for Nurse +
Drouin for Toffoli(bad year, he will bounce back) +
Drouin + for Ekholm
Drouin for Granlund

Given Nashville's current cap situation, Ekholm's contract makes him the least likely to trade. Maybe Josi and Weber could be reunited. I'm not sure what would be going the other way though

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
If the Leafs can move Nylander for a legitimate Top pairing D, you do it.

The problem is the ones supposedly available, don’t make it likely. If Trouba is moved, it’ll be for ELC prospects and picks unless WPG moves other salary, Risto is only available because he’s never evolved defensively. Carolina may still be an option but one of their D has little to no value anymore after his display last week (Hamilton)..

So I’m not sure anyone’s really available who you’d be able to trade Nylander for. Maybe Cam Fowler? PK? Teams just don’t move top D very often. Fowler might be their best option if Anaheim is even interested.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
FWIW Trouba wore a Detroit Tigers cap at his presser, So Trouba to Detroit it is. :)

Detroit has the ELC prospects Winnipeg would be after. Either one of Hronek or Cholowski would have to be included. Not sure Detroit moves Hronek after what he showed the last 15 games but one of the two is going to have to be in the deal if I’m Winnipeg. ELC players who they won’t have to wait another 2-3 years on.

I could also see Detroit offer up the 6OA for him. If I’m Winnipeg though, I think I’d rather have Cholowski/Hronek and something else. Both on the verge of really contributing with 2 yrs ELC left. And having to sign Laine and Connor, they will need ELC players when they trade Trouba.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
alex iafallo has played on the kings top line for the past two years

not that that means a lot

he could be available

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Detroit has the ELC prospects Winnipeg would be after. Either one of Hronek or Cholowski would have to be included. Not sure Detroit moves Hronek after what he showed the last 15 games but one of the two is going to have to be in the deal if I’m Winnipeg. ELC players who they won’t have to wait another 2-3 years on.

I could also see Detroit offer up the 6OA for him. If I’m Winnipeg though, I think I’d rather have Cholowski/Hronek and something else. Both on the verge of really contributing with 2 yrs ELC left. And having to sign Laine and Connor, they will need ELC players when they trade Trouba.

I’d struggle with it but I’d offer Hronek Jets way but it’d probably have to be with an extension in place

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad