Proposal: Which top line forward or d would you like to trade?

Avs44

May 16, 2011
That is awful for the Avs. No way.

Joking....? It's robbery. EJ for Trouba...get a better version of EJ who is 6 years younger and isn't on the verge of possibly breaking down over the next few years. It's like we get a 6 year reset on what EJ was. And then a likely 16+ overall 1st round pick next season, Meloche, and a 3rd and Kamenev (the latter two have minimal value in something of this sort) for a 23 year old 60 point winger?

That would be a coup that would set the Avs up to be a top contender for the next 5+ years...have to slip Chevy something to get beyond the dial tone.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Joking....? It's robbery. EJ for Trouba...get a better version of EJ who is 6 years younger and isn't on the verge of possibly breaking down over the next few years. It's like we get a 6 year reset on what EJ was. And then a likely 16+ overall 1st round pick next season, Meloche, and a 3rd and Kamenev (the latter two have minimal value in something of this sort) for a 23 year old 60 point winger?

That would be a coup that would set the Avs up to be a top contender for the next 5+ years...have to slip Chevy something to get beyond the dial tone.

I get the part about EJ but that's too high a price. Meloche may not turn out to be a serviceable NHL D but I think he has that upside and he is a defensive stalwart for the Eagles. We also give up Kamenev which is highly premature. Plus two top draft picks? No, not joking.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I get the part about EJ but that's too high a price. Meloche may not turn out to be a serviceable NHL D but I think he has that upside and he is a defensive stalwart for the Eagles. We also give up Kamenev which is highly premature. Plus two top draft picks? No, not joking.

I mean I proposed it and have to concede it favors the Avs, I was hoping the 7mil in cap space and the fact that Ehlers had a very poor season not to mention has a broken leg might bring down his value.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Sort of shocked, to be honest. Meloche is a B prospect...good, not great. Teams can afford to lose prospects like that if they're upgrading, and if you're adding Trouba to the right side for the next 5+ years he can comfortably go. Kamenev...there's nothing more than a #3/4 centre there, and he basically hasn't played hockey in two years. And a 3rd round pick isn't a top draft pick. It's EJ for Trouba, a big win; a mid 2020 1st for Ehlers, a big win; and then three, relative to the value of Trouba and Ehlers, spare parts, with Meloche at least being a decent piece but not close to enough to make up the disparate value.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Sort of shocked, to be honest. Meloche is a B prospect...good, not great. Teams can afford to lose prospects like that if they're upgrading, and if you're adding Trouba to the right side for the next 5+ years he can comfortably go. Kamenev...there's nothing more than a #3/4 centre there, and he basically hasn't played hockey in two years. And a 3rd round pick isn't a top draft pick. It's EJ for Trouba, a big win; a mid 2020 1st for Ehlers, a big win; and then three, relative to the value of Trouba and Ehlers, spare parts, with Meloche at least being a decent piece but not close to enough to make up the disparate value.

What makes you think the Jets would be interested in EJ? The issue I have with it is the Jets are in our division. The last thing I'm doing is giving them high draft picks.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
What makes you think the Jets would be interested in EJ? The issue I have with it is the Jets are in our division. The last thing I'm doing is giving them high draft picks.

I don't....? I didn't make the proposal...I said the proposal, which involved EJ for Trouba, is terrible for the Jets. They have zero reason to want EJ, which is one of the reason it's so poor for them.

Reactions: Perratrooper

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Logan Couture for me. He just doesn’t have the “it factor” he had a couple years ago anymore. Could be related to all of the horrific facial injuries he’s had lately, I don’t know.
4SQfYFX.gif

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Trouba >>>> Petry
Ehlers>>>>>> Drouin
2nd >>>> 5th

Again why would Winnipeg do this ?
Yeah, no.

Just because you lost Petry for peanuts doesn't mean he's <<<<< Trouba. Petry's a top pairing defenseman who's not planning to ditch his team at any given time. Also, Drouin and Ehlers aren't far off from one another: they're both floaters.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Yeah, no.

Just because you lost Petry for peanuts doesn't mean he's <<<<< Trouba. Petry's a top pairing defenseman who's not planning to ditch his team at any given time. Also, Drouin and Ehlers aren't far off from one another: they're both floaters.

Has nothing to do with losing Petry . That was on MacT and everyone in Edmonton was pissed the way MacT handle it , so no fault or blame falls on Petry . I like Petry but he is not as good as Trouba . Just because a player may not want to play in a certain city or country doesn't take away from his play on the ice . I bet if McDavid demanded a trade to Montreal you would defend it .

Jun 27, 2005
Zack "Stone Hands - Stoney" Hyman has played on the top line for the last 3 seasons. But he has 3rd line value.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Yeah, no.

What a horrible take lol.

Ehlers is miles better than Drouin, Trouba is better and younger than Petry.

f*** outta here.

Reactions: Snowman

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
With Josi and Ekholm on the left side and our lack of offensive forwards, I'd rather try for pick/prospect or a good forward.
Fair enough. Sadly, we don't have a good forward available, and I don't see our prospects that we have available being much interest for a player of Ellis' caliber (Pulujarvi, Yamamoto, Bear - no Bouchard and probably not Jones). I'm not sure what management is thinking about the 8th overall pick, but I wouldn't be surprised if that were in play for a player like Ellis. Nicholson has often said in interviews that we need an impact defenseman.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Trouba >>>> Petry
Ehlers>>>>>> Drouin
2nd >>>> 5th

Again why would Winnipeg do this ?

I agree it favors the Habs (I'm a Habs fan). But not so sure I agree Ehlers is worth substantially more than Drouin. I think it's close, very close. Kind of like Galchenyuk vs Domi.

Trouba is worth more than Petry cause he is RFA controlled, Petry is older, and has 2 years till UFA. But something tells me you think of Petry from 3 or more seasons ago and not the Petry from the last 2 or 3 seasons. In terms of play on the ice, it's close. But overall considering everything including RFA/UFA and age, Trouba is worth more

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Fair enough. Sadly, we don't have a good forward available, and I don't see our prospects that we have available being much interest for a player of Ellis' caliber (Pulujarvi, Yamamoto, Bear - no Bouchard and probably not Jones). I'm not sure what management is thinking about the 8th overall pick, but I wouldn't be surprised if that were in play for a player like Ellis. Nicholson has often said in interviews that we need an impact defenseman.

Well Ellis and Subban should be on the table this year. I'd most definitely do an Ellis-8th swap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad