Which team with a former Senators star will you be cheering for in the playoffs?

Which team with a former Senators star will you be cheering for in the playoffs?

• Total voters

Riceroni

Dec 14, 2018
If Karlsson resigns in SJ then the Sharks... if not then toss up between whomever comes out of the Sharks/Knights matchup. I hope the Jackets win one round though and Dutchy resigns, then they tank next season :)

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
SJ, as I've been following them all season. If they go out though, definitely Vegas.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
My head says San Jose and Columbus just for the outside chance at landing some more draft picks.

But my heart says Vegas.

Evanc23

Nov 20, 2018
San Jose, Columbus then Vegas since hopefully with a cup finals run Erik will resign and we get another first, while hopefully Duchene extends in Columbus if they manage to win a round or two for another pick also.

Studzle

Dec 1, 2013
Toronto
Is anyone else in this weird fan limbo?

Part of me is absolutely done with this team, I don't need to waste my time or anyone else's listed all the reasons. My main one though is not trusting the owner or Dorion.

The other part of me just can't cheer for any other team, no matter how hard I try or how many games I watch. It just will never feel the same.

How are you guys fairing?

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa

Part of me is absolutely done with this team, I don't need to waste my time or anyone else's listed all the reasons. My main one though is not trusting the owner or Dorion.

The other part of me just can't cheer for any other team, no matter how hard I try or how many games I watch. It just will never feel the same.

You hit the nail on your head for me.

There is a good chance I won't actually watch another NHL game until EM and PD are gone.

Might resume my long lost interest in MLB or the NFL. We'll see.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011

Yup, same for me. I already lost 1 NHL team (Nordiques) and I feel like I just lost another one as I’m done as long and Broke Eugene is there.

I actually went to see a Sharks game while I was in San Jose for work last year and have always had a soft side for them (I had a sharks hat when I was in my early teens).

The issue with following the Sharks or Knights is time zone related. I’d love to follow the sharks on a daily basis but it’s just not feasible to be going to bed at 1am once or twice a week.

Reactions: Kappy Is So Happy

Studzle

Dec 1, 2013
Toronto
You hit the nail on your head for me.

There is a good chance I won't actually watch another NHL game until EM and PD are gone.

Might resume my long lost interest in MLB or the NFL. We'll see.
Ya I went to about 7 blue jays games last year, and while they are fun in person I find it dreadful to watch on Tv. So that dampened my experience a bit.

The Raptors I've followed for about 10 years now so this season has been very exciting.

Think I'll just take a break from hockey all together for a while as you said. I was cautiously optimistic after EK left, but Stone is the dagger through my already broken heart.

Reactions: bert

Studzle

Dec 1, 2013
Toronto
Yup, same for me. I already lost 1 NHL team (Nordiques) and I feel like I just lost another one as I’m done as long and Broke Eugene is there.

I actually went to see a Sharks game while I was in San Jose for work last year and have always had a soft side for them (I had a sharks hat when I was in my early teens).

The issue with following the Sharks or Knights is time zone related. I’d love to follow the sharks on a daily basis but it’s just not feasible to be going to bed at 1am once or twice a week.

I could see myself cheering for the Knights for sure. Maybe after this regular season ends I'll try and follow their playoff run.

I live in Toronto and well it would be an exciting time to cheer for the Leafs (Proximity, entire family are leaf fans, playoff team) I've never been the type to just jump ship, especially to a team we've all grown to hate.

Reactions: bert

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

The exact same. It's hard to start a fresh emotional investment with a new team when all you have known is one team. I guess its kinda like how a guy like Karlsson felt to be traded.

I mean what I am figuring is I just watch hockey as a neutral fan until Melnyk sells. So that could be soon or that could be decades. Who knows how your emotion will change over that time frame.

Reactions: Kappy Is So Happy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad