Which team with a former Senators star will you be cheering for in the playoffs?

Which team with a former Senators star will you be cheering for in the playoffs?

• Total voters

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
San Jose, Columbus then Vegas since hopefully with a cup finals run Erik will resign and we get another first, while hopefully Duchene extends in Columbus if they manage to win a round or two for another pick also.

Exactly how I'm looking at it as well.

The playoffs are always great, no matter if Ottawa's in them or not. I haven't watched nearly as much hoceky as I normally do this year, but there are a couple teams I'll be watching play. And whatever other big games are on

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
None of the above.

Im done.

Ill play NHL 19 with Stone and Karlsson on my team and pretend this never happened.

Other than that ill focus on my family and making more money and doing BJJ.

**** off Melnyk
At least BJJ has linear progression and a sense of self-worth. Being a Sens fan these days feels like having your back taken and only one hand to defend against the oncoming rear naked.

Reactions: The Lewler

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Belleville should also be pretty stacked.

A deep run would not be out of the question. Basically the deadline for Belleville was like the deadline for the Blue Jackets.

West Coast Eagles

Sep 24, 2008
Bne
Going to cherry for Columbus because I'd like to see them do well. That said I'll be hoping EK wins the Smythe.

Probably follow Belleville more than any though

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Players come and go. It is not such a big deal. I don't see what is so heartbreaking? Being a fan for hockey, you should be accustomed to all this, by now. All ahead to a fresh start. Things happen for the better, which we will come to realize in near future.

We never won anything with Karlsson, Alfreddsson, Spezza, Stone, Hoffman, Turris/Duchene etc..

Maybe we might finally win with our new core and future picks we will receive in next couple of years.

Reactions: krapsik

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Players come and go. It is not such a big deal. I don't see what is so heartbreaking? Being a fan for hockey, you should be accustomed to all this, by now. All ahead to a fresh start. Things happen for the better, which we will come to realize in near future.

We never won anything with Karlsson, Alfreddsson, Spezza, Stone, Hoffman, Turris/Duchene etc..

Maybe we might finally win with our new core and future picks we will receive in next couple of years.

Players come and go.. lol what pablum.

Franchise players don't come and go in droves. Stone and Karlsson should have been Senators for life.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
On a real note, easily Vegas. They still new and I love the way they play and it don't feel bad cheering for them. I do prefer SJ make cup final and Karlsson re-signs. That extra 1st will be juicy. Or he goes to Vegas next year and their 1st drops down considerably.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
67's could go on a run this year, a good year for it considering.

Yeah definitely! We've gone to a few games this year and it's awesome hockey to watch.

Really hope they can go far this year, they definitely have the talent to do it.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I don't feel anything for Karlsson, not sure why. But genuinely excited for Columbus and Vegas.

Melgene Eunyk

Mar 29, 2015
I understand wanting to root for another team in the playoffs, particularly with all of our former stars involved. However, if you are questioning your allegiances and trying to actively leave this team, I question your loyalty and passion as a fan. Melnyk and dorion have made some questionable decisions, but at least we picked a direction. One thing that was infuriating about the BM era was how we were always floundering in mediocrity - not good enough to compete, not bad enough to 'rebuild' - and that just wasn't acceptable.
Eugene HAS spend money in the past. The guy is a moron, no doubt, but if the arena deal goes through and we have new revenue, I fully believe we will retain our talent.

Reactions: Back in Black

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
Winnipeg. And if they get ousted then either the Sharks or Knights if they are still around.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
I understand wanting to root for another team in the playoffs, particularly with all of our former stars involved. However, if you are questioning your allegiances and trying to actively leave this team, I question your loyalty and passion as a fan. Melnyk and dorion have made some questionable decisions, but at least we picked a direction. One thing that was infuriating about the BM era was how we were always floundering in mediocrity - not good enough to compete, not bad enough to 'rebuild' - and that just wasn't acceptable.
Eugene HAS spend money in the past. The guy is a moron, no doubt, but if the arena deal goes through and we have new revenue, I fully believe we will retain our talent.

I guess I'm not a loyal or passionate fan... I've watched every minute of Sens hockey ever since I got a PVR 10+ years ago up until this season. I don't care that the team was "floundering in mediocrity" as you state it, there was always hope that they could turn things around. I own a ton of merchandise, I'd typically catch 3-4 live games a year too. I LIVED for Senators hockey and now I don't even care to watch the games and haven't seen a minute of Sens hockey in over a month. I still follow the news about the team as it's a routine I have trouble shaking, but I'm sure after the off season I'll be over that too.

There's literally ZERO hope now. You can't believe ANYTHING Broke Melnyk or Dorion say, the only direction this team is going is down. This isn't a rebuild, it's all about spending as little money as possible and extracting as much from the team as he can. Dorion showed that they're taking this fan base for a bunch of gullible idiots.

Melnyk has single handedly killed this franchise and I'm afraid if it goes on any longer with him in charge, it'll be impossible to re-vive it.

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
I went with Columbus because I've been to a game there and because i want them to win the east. Plus Panarin is one of my favorite players.

In the west, happy with either of them getting to the finals.

toivy

Nov 15, 2008
Ottawa
I guess I'm not a loyal or passionate fan... I've watched every minute of Sens hockey ever since I got a PVR 10+ years ago up until this season. I don't care that the team was "floundering in mediocrity" as you state it, there was always hope that they could turn things around. I own a ton of merchandise, I'd typically catch 3-4 live games a year too. I LIVED for Senators hockey and now I don't even care to watch the games and haven't seen a minute of Sens hockey in over a month. I still follow the news about the team as it's a routine I have trouble shaking, but I'm sure after the off season I'll be over that too.

There's literally ZERO hope now. You can't believe ANYTHING Broke Melnyk or Dorion say, the only direction this team is going is down. This isn't a rebuild, it's all about spending as little money as possible and extracting as much from the team as he can. Dorion showed that they're taking this fan base for a bunch of gullible idiots.

Melnyk has single handedly killed this franchise and I'm afraid if it goes on any longer with him in charge, it'll be impossible to re-vive it.

This encapsulates my feelings, only it started a couple of years ago with the last lockout. I dropped my ST package because of the sheer greed factor from both sides (owners and players). While I did go to a couple games a year for a bit, and my interest piqued again in the run to the Conference finals, my budget never allowed me to get tickets (those funds were repurposed when I became a father) and this latest selloff had soured me on the team's ownership, commitment, and vision (rather lack thereof). Hell, but going to the last Olympics helped fully push me out... Don't think I'll be back to NHL hockey until the Sens have a new owner or Edmonton (the first team I ever cheered for) puts it together. I'll stick to WJC and Olympics where everyone plays for the logo on the front and the only goal is winning it all.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
I'll be rooting for the Islanders. I've always been a fan of Lehner, and have a ton of respect for how quickly Lou and Trotz immediately changed the culture of that team.

Laminator

May 25, 2014
Vegas - Mark Stone all time favourite (only been watching hockey since 2010). Vegas will now be my 2nd team going forward.

San Jose - Would love to see Erik Karlsson win the Stanley Cup.

Columbus - Really liked Duchene and Dzingle while they were in Ottawa. However I'd prefer if Columbus missed the playoffs so we can get a higher pick. With that being said I wouldn't be upset to see Columbus make a run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->