Which team to you hate to see succeed, but have a player you want to see succeed?

Syn3rgetic

Boats the Burn
Apr 10, 2010
Markham
I REALLY HATE THE SENATORS.

But I'm so jealous of Karlsson. I love his game and I love offensive defensemen. I played in the SOJHL a long time ago and I loved directing PP and seeing the ice in slow motion. I hope he continues the dominate the league.

(NHL dreams dashed by ankle injuring and being Asian, there was a lot of racial bullying in the 90s)

I'd like to add Mike Green to the list but not to the same level cause he doesn't play defense. He's just a 3rd winger haha.

Last edited:

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I hate Montreal but think Markov (and would like to see Price) deserves a cup. I hate Ottawa but I want to see Alfredsson win a cup. I'm indifferent in regards to both Calgary and Vancouver but want to see Luongo and Iginla win a cup. That's probably it haha.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I hate Montreal but think Markov (and would like to see Price) deserves a cup. I hate Ottawa but I want to see Alfredsson win a cup. I'm indifferent in regards to both Calgary and Vancouver but want to see Luongo and Iginla win a cup. That's probably it haha.

Whaaaa? Shocking! :laugh:

I hate the Bruins, but at the time of the Kaberle trade I wanted to see him win a cup

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I don't really think much about other Teams or their Players.

This seems more like a main board question than a Leaf Board one.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
I hate Montreal and every player on them. Maybe a soft spot for Price, and Kabby I still love but meh.

I strongly dislike Ottawa, but I love watching Erik Karlsson... so I want him to succeed

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Never been a fan of Philly, but I like Claude Giroux. I would agree with the post 3 up from mine that I would love to see Kaberle win a Cup, but I don't like Boston either.

FireEverybody*

wtf.gif

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I don't hate any teams other than Vancouver and they don't really have any players I particularily have a soft spot for so...

JAMmer124

Independent Living
Aug 13, 2010
Welland, Ontario
I hate the Bruins, but really want Paille to succeed. Second cousin, local hero for being one of, maybe the, first to bring the cup to Welland

DaveT83*

I hate Philly

But man they have a handful of players I love to watch. Giroux/B.Schenn/Couturier/Simmonds/Vorachek

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.

I'm sorry but after that we must strip you of your title of "Leafs fan".
You can become a Marlies fan and try to work your way back up. Please turn in all your Leafs apparel and memorabilia at the ACC and report to the ricoh center.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Hate the Rangers (and Tortorella)

But would love to see Callaghan and Lundqvist get cup rings. Two of my fav players in the NHL.

Don't really hate San Jose, but would love if Joe Thornton had a great cup run.

Such a great, consistent center whose career has been overshadowed by his inability to perform in the playoffs. Would love to see him shake that label.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I pretty much hate every team that isnt the Leafs, just to varying degrees.

I hope for nothing but the best for Luke Schenn. jarome Iginlia, for players that have no connection to the Leafs.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

:surrender

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I'm sorry but after that we must strip you of your title of "Leafs fan".
You can become a Marlies fan and try to work your way back up. Please turn in all your Leafs apparel and memorabilia at the ACC and report to the ricoh center.

Alfredsson has been irrelevant now for a while. He may captain our rivals but he has no impact in Toronto what so ever. We don't even boo him anymore when he touches the puck. The Alfie hate is over and I'd like to see all elite oldies get a well deserved cup. Rather it not be with Ottawa however.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Alfredsson has been irrelevant now for a while. He may captain our rivals but he has no impact in Toronto what so ever. We don't even boo him anymore when he touches the puck. The Alfie hate is over and I'd like to see all elite oldies get a well deserved cup. Rather it not be with Ottawa however.

NEVER!!! Boooo Alfie the clown forever!:laugh:

Listening to Alfie get booed in his own building every time we play there still makes me laugh.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
NEVER!!! Boooo Alfie the clown forever!:laugh:

Listening to Alfie get booed in his own building every time we play there still makes me laugh.

That's what I'm saying it doesn't happen anymore.... I've went to 2 games in Ottawa in the last 2 seasons and not once did it happen even though majority were leaf fans. Since Sundin left it hasn't been the same.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

******* that Alfie hate is over bullsh*t

I still hate the ****. Will continue to do so until he retires. Ever since that little petulant stick-throwing gesture after the Sundin suspension.

And how many Leaf games have you watched? Booing stopped? Open them ears

Gillam_09

Oct 4, 2005
Port Aux Basques, NL
Im gonna get roasted for this but Id love to see Ovechkin return to his old form. I honestly think a key factor to his downfall was puttin the c on his jersey, his production went down as soon as he was captain, focused on other things rather then his game. the skills is still there, ie how he turned duncan keith into a pylon last year.

Gillam_09

Oct 4, 2005
Port Aux Basques, NL
F*88 that Alfie hate is over bullsh*t

I still hate the ****. Will continue to do so until he retires. Ever since that little petulant stick-throwing gesture after the Sundin suspension.

And how many Leaf games have you watched? Booing stopped? Open them ears

couldnt agree more, i hated that ***** ever since. mocking his own friend and country man. classless

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad