Speculation: Which team could boost Tomas Tatar?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I'd like to boost him from Montreal and trade him for another 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Now that Pittsburgh grabbed Zucker, Edmonton seems the easy choice.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
There were rumors about Pens (after last trade it is not anymore doable) and Oilers (still open).

But maybe there will jump another team with interesting offer for Canadians. Who could use Tatar at best?
Pittsburgh wanted nothing to do with tatar. They obviously were worried about vegas Tatar showing up and thought zucker was a better fit. Cant see Edmonton taking him now ...maybe if they keep pace without McDavid

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Many teams would benefit from him: STL, DAL, EDM, CGY, ARI just as far as contenders in the West goes. Eliminate ARI which went all in for Hall and does not want to trade his futures from what I understand.
More than EDM, I believe that DAL and CGY would be the greatest beneficiaries. But Tatar has been shopped around on hf and from what I can read fan bases are not really enthusiastic about him ;)

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
There were rumors about Pens (after last trade it is not anymore doable) and Oilers (still open).

But maybe there will jump another team with interesting offer for Canadians. Who could use Tatar at best?
Tatar is our best player. Montreal won't trade him.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Pittsburgh wanted nothing to do with tatar. They obviously were worried about vegas Tatar showing up and thought zucker was a better fit. Cant see Edmonton taking him now ...maybe if they keep pace without McDavid

So instead, Vegas overpaid massively for Zucker who is produces far lesser points than Tatar. LOL

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
So instead, Vegas overpaid massively for Zucker who is produces far lesser points than Tatar. LOL

Vegas overpaid for Tatar, other than Zucker being raised in Vegas, I don't think they're involved. :huh:

Pittsburgh on the other hand, paid less for Zucker and Zucker plays a more complete game than Tatar.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Vegas overpaid for Tatar, other than Zucker being raised in Vegas, I don't think they're involved. :huh:

Pittsburgh on the other hand, paid less for Zucker and Zucker plays a more complete game than Tatar.

More complete game with far less production and higher caphit. The point is that the Pens overpaid for Zucker mostly because of the term remaining on Zucker's contract.

Tatar would likely require a similar overpayment of a 1st + good prospect + capdump if he is traded. That said, i don't see the Habs trading him until next season.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

Montreal could

So not true. Rutherford said that when he asked Montreal for Tatar he was told that he was simply unavailable so he didn’t bother making an offer. If you’re going to troll at least do it with proper information

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I think i take MB at his word that Tatar is not available this TDL. He's integral to our top point producing line and a perfect fit. No need to trade him. If by this time next year the Habs are out of playoff contention, then is when you trade him.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Enjoy your mid round pick then, because Montreal has no hopes at a playoff spot.

These kind of statements are so childish. How does trading Tatar change our "mid-round" pick status? Habs are deep on wingers. Trading Tatar won't result in the Habs plumetting to bottom 10 in the league. As for our mid-round pick - we are quite happy with Cole Caufield.

Habs are better off reaping the benefits of Tatar next season then deciding what to do near TDL next year.

Fainting Couch

Jun 21, 2019
Just judging from the Oilers fans comments as to which assets are available for trade. Almost none of them would be even remotely interesting for Montreal.

Never trust the words of crazy people on an internet forum. They can barely dress themselves in the morning, they have no idea what is available for trade.

Reactions: Vachon23

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
These kind of statements are so childish. How does trading Tatar change our "mid-round" pick status? Habs are deep on wingers. Trading Tatar won't result in the Habs plumetting to bottom 10 in the league. As for our mid-round pick - we are quite happy with Cole Caufield.

Habs are better off reaping the benefits of Tatar next season then deciding what to do near TDL next year.

Montreal is a mediocre team with and without Tatar. Its only logical to try and trade him at his highest value which will return assets, and help you get a better pick at the same time since Weber is out for the next 4-6 weeks at least. If you can't see that, then I can imagine you will be quite happy with perpetual mediocrity, a Montreal specialty since 1993.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Montreal is a mediocre team with and without Tatar. Its only logical to try and trade him at his highest value which will return assets, and help you get a better pick at the same time since Weber is out for the next 4-6 weeks at least. If you can't see that, then I can imagine you will be quite happy with perpetual mediocrity, a Montreal specialty since 1993.

I'm not saying don't trade him if you get an offer that knocks your socks off. Obviously you trade Tatar if you get your quote. But given the offers that i have seen on these forums, it makes more sense not to trade him. Because you can get the same offer next TDL.

I doubt that a team ponies up what MB thinks Tatar is worth this TDL.

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
I'm not saying don't trade him if you get an offer that knocks your socks off. Obviously you trade Tatar if you get your quote. But given the offers that i have seen on these forums, it makes more sense not to trade him. Because you can get the same offer next TDL.

There's your problem, by taking any trade proposals on this website seriously. I believe his value will never be higher than it is right now, which is why I would trade him at the deadline. For what? I dunno, I'm not a habs fan, and I don't have intricate knowledge of your team but I would imagine that you guys would want at least a first round pick and probably a decent prospect as well. Either way, you're gonna get more than what you gave up to get him lol.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
There's your problem, by taking any trade proposals on this website seriously. I believe his value will never be higher than it is right now, which is why I would trade him at the deadline. For what? I dunno, I'm not a habs fan, and I don't have intricate knowledge of your team but I would imagine that you guys would want at least a first round pick and probably a decent prospect as well. Either way, you're gonna get more than what you gave up to get him lol.

Except, there is value in holding onto him for next season as he is an integral part of our top line. And if things are not working out for the Habs then trade him at the TDL next year for possibly a lesser return than this year. The Habs are loaded with top-end prospects and picks. They are not starved for late 1st round picks.

But as you say, if there is an overpayment, then of course MB will pull the trigger.

Reactions: Vachon23

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad