Speculation: Which team could boost Tomas Tatar?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I dont believe for a second MB tells other GMs that player X is not available without listening to what the other GM is thinking.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I dont believe for a second MB tells other GMs that player X is not available without listening to what the other GM is thinking.
Nor do i but from what i have read M.B said Tatar is not available unless an overpayment is offered.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Holland would love to add Tatar to the team but does not want to give up prospects.

Prospects/Picks that are untouchable:
Bouchard
Broberg
Samourkov
2020 1st round pick

New Jersey wanted the 1st + Samourkov + Jones for Hall which the Oilers declined. The assets that Montreal would want aren't being traded by the Oilers.

Most likely, the Oilers will go after cheaper winger options.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
The best thing that the Habs can do is to keep Tatar. The Habs have been hit by the injury bug this year. They have also had two eight game losing streaks. They will most likely miss the playoffs by 8-10 points this year.

If you want to plan for next year they could have less injuries, the young players to step their games up, spend to the cap and add an impact player. Hopefully that player would be a left defencemen. If all that happens, which is pretty realistic then they just may be a playoff team.

The biggest problem is that with Price and Weber they can’t fully commit to a complete scorched earth rebuild. So they have to give it a go to be a playoff team.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I don't believe it either. But saying a player is not available may dissuade other GMs from even making an offer.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I don't believe it either. But saying a player is not available may dissuade other GMs from even making an offer.

That is why you would not say it. Out of due diligence, let alone human curiosity why would you not want to know how your players are being valued. Every now and then you might get an offer that blows you away. You also get a better feel for other GMs. So just saying no is incompetent

Last edited:
Reactions: Archijerej

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad