Which Run was your Favorite? 2010 or 2014?

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
This one because I felt we deserved to be here. I felt we were a legitimately good team and a legitimate threat to do something in the East.

Going into this series I really felt like we were going to go to the final and might actually have a shot (albeit a longshot) at winning a cup. When Price went down it was crushing but I still felt like we could win this series.... (And who knows? Maybe we still will...)

Yea I agree with this. Plus even if we lose this series, this feels like a team that can be back at this spot next year instead of a fluky run that depended almost entirely on a really hot goalie.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Yea I agree with this. Plus even if we lose this series, this feels like a team that can be back at this spot next year instead of a fluky run that depended almost entirely on a really hot goalie.
That's the key. This year feels like something we can build off of. Maybe we don't go as far next year but it feels like we'll benefit from the experience going forward.

In 2010, I knew it was a one-off. A flukey run where we had no business being there. I don't feel that way this season. Based on what we know now, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see us get to the Conference finals again next year. We've got a good young roster and top talent at key positions. Still some work to do, some places for improvements but we're in the right Conference and we've got a good core.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I was more into 2010. I don't have any real explanation for it... I think just "less else" going on at the time. :dunno:

I can understand that. It depends how much an individual values a Cinderella run.

The biggest difference between now and 2010 is that that Cinderella factor. The habs don't have that element this year because quite simply, this team has more weapons.

Drifting

Apr 15, 2012
Definitely 2014 - especially since this year at the very least there's a 6th game. 2010 was great but the Flyers smoked us.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
But you could say the exact same about 2010. Vanek is gone next year. Gionta/Pleks/Markov will be older or gone. Center position will not change much. I think in order for us to be competitive year in year out, some moves need to be made...just like in 2010. Gauthier needed to make some moves and failed.

I don't agree, and as someone has already pointed out, Gionta/Pleks/Markov/Vanek aren't making that much of a contribution. The heavy lifting is being done by our young core players, which is encouraging going forward. I'm not saying we're the Kings or the Hawks here but if you don't think this team is pretty clearly ahead of our 2010 team, then we'll have to agree to disagree.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Still 2010. Cause we defeated the two most powerful teams, the Pens and the Caps. And those were incredible David vs Goliath series. It was ****ing magical. Compared to the present series where I believe we're in it every game so it's less special.

And all the goals were hard to score in 2010 and when they came, they were much more dramatic. Compare to 2014 where it's easy goals and fluky goals on both sides.

Last edited:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
This one is more exciting because of our top players being young.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
What has age have to do with anything?

Because it was pretty obvious we were going nowhere after 2010 and it was a fluke with that pretty crappy core. In 2014 we have a team that's only starting to climb to the top.

InnuJoker

P.K./Price 3x low 5
Feb 25, 2012
2010 Stanley Cup playoffs for sure, first time I really got into Hockey. Always been a Habs fan at heart though. Who can forget P.K. Subban's entrance in the league or Cammalleri's one knee-one timers and his 13 playoffs goals. I still wish we didn't trade him even though Rene Bourque scored a hat trick yesterday and been good for the last two playoffs. Cammalleri is a winner at heart, such a shame he's stuck with a losing team like Calgary Flames. #2010StanleyCupPlayoffs

Last edited:

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
2014. We have 2 sophomores, 2 rookies, 3 core guys of 25 years old. One of our sophomores is starting to blossom into a game breaker.

The future is very bright.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Which Playoff run did you guys most enjoy? this years run or the 2010 Halak Show? I preferred this season, since we played better then in 2010. We didn't rely as much on our goalie and we beat the Bruins!

(this is a reverse jinx thread also) since this year's run ain't over yet!

Ask me after game 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad