Which Run was your Favorite? 2010 or 2014?

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Which Playoff run did you guys most enjoy? this years run or the 2010 Halak Show? I preferred this season, since we played better then in 2010. We didn't rely as much on our goalie and we beat the Bruins!

(this is a reverse jinx thread also) since this year's run ain't over yet!

oleHABSole*

2010, because it was my first run I got to see. Epic comeback against Caps put us into history books as the first #8 seed to comeback down 3-1 in Games. Game 7 against the Pens was super fun, watching Gonchar let Moen go through shorthanded and making it 4-0? was good times.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
2010 but not for Halak. Because we were beating 2 top teams consecutively without the freak show than meeting the Bruins does. And because I'm way too frustrated to lose to the Rangers while I "could" understand losing to Philly. That Rangers team was a much better matchup than Philly. So it will make 2014 a great run 'cause of the Bruins beating but a more frustrating one because of the possible ending.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
2010, it was way more emotional. Habs were by far the biggest underdogs, Cammalleri/Gionta/Halak story lines were great. Subban making his nhl debut and looking good. The Hamrlik, Gill, Gorges, Spacek shot-blocking machine team was a treat to watch. Then there was that Pyatt, Lapierre and Moore line that just did something magical at the right time.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
2010 was more epic, but that 2014 team is much better overall, IMO.

Now, an interesting sub-question, what happens if we switch the coaches? :laugh:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
This one because it involved beating the heavily favourite/President Trophy winning rival Bruins and key contributors are all core/long term players.

Although Habs might very well lose this series in 5 games as well, it at least was close game 2, 3, 4. Against the Flyers, Habs got shutout 3 times.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
2010 because not only was it completely unexpected we'd even win more than a game, but that we would dismantle arguably the two best teams in the league. The sheer astonishment from people watching us stop what was a juggernaut Capitals offense and beating down Crosby and Malkin was just too exciting.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
This year.

2010 was playing with house money. Never felt like we should have won any of the games, just managed to fluke each one out though it was wildly entertaining.

This year was different. There was an expectation to win and we weren't disappointed. We held up against the best team in the league and the amount of character and heart made me proud to be a Habs fans. Unlike in 2010 when I almost had to apologize for wins that we didn't deserve.

Also, I didn't feel we had nearly as solid a core as we have now. With Price, PK, Patches, Gally, Chuckie, Tinner and Beau, I feel like we're taking real steps to becoming a force to be rekoned with.

I don't know when this run will end, but I'm truly proud of this team and I hope we can build on a really solid core of young players who can use this experience and that of theis season to become the dominate players they can be.

Go Habs Go!!

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
This one. 2010 was fun because we had nothing to lose. But at the same time everyone sorta knew in the back of their minds that it wasn't "for real". We weren't a great team that year and we weren't going to be great the next year. We still had a ways to go.

This run I think has done a lot to establish that we are a pretty good team now and that we should be able to at least be competitive year in and year out. It's a lot nicer to be seen as the threat (adding Vanek, sweeping TB, knocking off the Bruins, etc) than the flukey underdog/Cinderella team.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Beating Crosby, Malkin, OV or beating the Bruins?

I'd go with the latter.

And add the fact that we came back from a 1-3 deficit.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
2010 AINEC

2014 I wouldn't even consider a run. I'd cal it the year we beat the Bruins and that's about it.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
This one because we actually have a better team. We are actually getting contribution from everyone (even Vanek has scored a few:laugh:)

The 2010 was more of Cinderella run but you just knew we probably would not have been able to duplicate that success the following year. It was all Cammalleri and Halak

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
This one. 2010 was fun because we had nothing to lose. But at the same time everyone sorta knew in the back of their minds that it wasn't "for real". We weren't a great team that year and we weren't going to be great the next year. We still had a ways to go.

This run I think has done a lot to establish that we are a pretty good team now and that we should be able to at least be competitive year in and year out. It's a lot nicer to be seen as the threat (adding Vanek, sweeping TB, knocking off the Bruins, etc) than the flukey underdog/Cinderella team.

But you could say the exact same about 2010. Vanek is gone next year. Gionta/Pleks/Markov will be older or gone. Center position will not change much. I think in order for us to be competitive year in year out, some moves need to be made...just like in 2010. Gauthier needed to make some moves and failed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad