Which Prospects will make your team next Year?

ozhenson

Jul 26, 2007
:nucks

Cody Hodgson
Eddie Lack (If we trade Schneider)
Chris Tanev (played this year, but because of injuries)
Kevin Coonauton
Lee Sweatt

Most of these guys won't play, but they all have a shot... in another year probably Bill Sweatt, and Jordan Schroeder will be ready to play.

Also if they do play, it will be because of injury. Unless we lose half our team to free agency... which won't happen, except possibly on defense.

Is the bolded part actually a possibility? If I were Canuck management I would be STRONGLY tempted to keep Schnieder over Luongo(although, I dont know his contract terms). THat being said, Schnieder could bring in a pretty penny to fill a hole in the organization... not that I can especially think of any right now...

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
For the Canucks i'd say:

good chance:
Hodgson - will be given a good opportunity to make the team.
Tanev - already playing in NHL, but could still be stashed in the AHL for depth+development.
Oreskovich - will likely have a spot. not sure he's still a 'prospect' per se.

possibility:
Volpatti - could have a spot with a really good camp. barely a 'prospect' though.

long-shots:
Shirokov - could get a look in NHL as a bit of a 'carrot' for motivation, but i doubt it.
Sauve - very unlikely, but i'd say there's still a very slim outside chance with an outstanding camp.

but it also could very well be that none of the prospects make the team to start.

Rush22*

Kruger and Leddy are already with the team and are going to stay.

Jeremy Morin, Alex Salak, and Ben Smith I think will all be on the Hawks full time next season.

Kyle Beach and Igor Makarov will both be given serious consideration if they can improve.

Lalonde and Vishnevskiy could be given a shot if we move one of our defensemen in the off season, unless that happens we have no room. Assuming Campoli is resigned of course, and I am pretty sure we will keep him. Or if one is carried as a 7th dman, but that would not make sense seeing both are still young developing players.

Olsen is our best prospect and might have a breakout offseason and surprise everyone like Leddy did this year but I think he plays another season in the AHL.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Good chance:

Jeff Petry - 2nd/3rd pairing - #2 PP - Has only looked out of place a couple times during his time with the big club.

Teemu Hartikainen - 3rd/4th line LW - Possible #2 PP - One of the bright spots in the awful injury ridden line-up.

Chris Vande Velde - 4th line C - Possible PK time - Basically superior to Colin Fraser in every way, especially face-offs(41 of 67 = 62%).

Maybe:

Anton Lander - 3rd line C - #2PK/PP - A few things might keep him out of the line-up: potential re-signing of Cogliano and possible time in OKC.

Ryan O'Marra - 4th line C/RW - Good bottom 6 option, but depends on Tambellini filling bottom 6 with veteran UFAs.

Outside shot:

Tyler Pitlick - 3rd/4th line RW - Had a good camp this season along with a solid junior season.

Colten Teubert/Alex Plante - 6th D - Pending on drafting Larsson or adding UFA defense, they might be fighting for the last spot.

Hubs & Kisses

Feb 3, 2010
FLA
panthers:

gudbranson for sure
Dadonov (if he's still considered a prospect)
top 4, hopefully 3 draft pick this year
Markstrom- he would benefit from another year in the AHL before jumping up

outside shot:
howden
bjugstad (not sure what his status is)

scott timins has also seen a lot of time this year on the 4th line, so he's a possibility as well

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
:bruins
In order of likelihood:
1.)Caron (near certainty)
2.)Hamill (possible)
3.)Spooner (probably not)
4.)Knight (probably not)
5.)Sauve (???)

Handlanger

Mar 28, 2008
:isles:

Niederreiter
Cizikas
Petrov (if he comes over)
De Haan (longshot)
1st round pick 2011

Some callups should be / will be Ness, Donovan

Many prospects already graduated on our roster...

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I think that Tarasenko for the Blues will be given every chance to make the team next year after his awesome WJC this past year. :handclap:
This includes all players who spent a significant portion of the year in a league other than the NHL.

Very likely to make the NHL roster full-time next year:
Tarasenko
Nikitin
Cole
Bishop

Possible shot to make the NHL roster full-time, likely to see at least part-time duty:
McRae
Cracknell
Reaves

Long-shot, cup-of-coffee, or extreme emergency guys:
Junland (has to come back over, and then earn a spot on top of that)
Della Rovere (still needs development, others currently ahead on the depth chart)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad