Which Prospects will make your team next Year?

GM17*

NJ's top prospects were all forced into the team by cap issues and injuries so they're here. Maybe Merrill will make it, but I doubt it.

TrollololBoyle

Mar 22, 2010
Danbury, CT
Kreider
Grachev
Hagelin
Werek
Valentenko
Weise

There may be only 1 or 2 spots for rookies, but those 6 have a legitimate shot.

The Rangers rookie crop this year has been amazing.

mazzman17

Mar 21, 2011
Other then Kadri, I don't think any of our prospects will start the season with the big club. Although I do think at some point during next season Gardiner will be brought up. Same with Colborne if there are any injuries up the middle.

CamDegs13

Nose Face Killah
Feb 9, 2007
UMass
twitter.com
Caron will take Recchi's spot.

Ryder's spot is going to be empty too, but it's assumed that the void will be filled via free agency, with a lot of contracts coming off the books (Ryder, Recchi, Savard (?)). If not, you might see Spooner, Sauve or perhaps Knight break camp with the team, although not likely.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I'm not sure if guys who got the call to replace traded players count as prospects, but I'll add them in with a '*'.

1.Colin Greening *
2.Erik Condra *
3.David Rundblad
4.Jared Cowen
5.First Round Pick (if in the top 3)
6.Bobby Butler *

GM17*

I'm not sure if guys who got the call to replace traded players count as prospects, but I'll add them in with a '*'.

1.Colin Greening *
2.Erik Condra *
3.David Rundblad
4.Jared Cowen
6.Bobby Butler *

#2 sounds like a hockey player

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
I have a feeling Sami Vatanen may?

Mike Murphy in Carolina to backup Ward?

Matt Frattin with the Leafs?

Brian Dumoulin??

Just throwing some names out there

zeus3007*

Ill do the Oilers.

Petry
Lander
HArtikainen
Who ever we pick in the draft
And possibly Hamilton

This is close. I think Lander should have a year in Oklahoma, and hope he gets it. Hamilton may be a long shot, depends on if we can sluff off Brule, Cogs, Fraser, etc. I'm hoping its Petry, Hartikainen and Nugent Hopkins, 3 rookies again is stretching it in my eyes, more than three is a bit too much.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Thrashers:

Klingberg, or Machacek have a shot. Klingberg will likely start the year in the AHL. One of Postma, or Kulda has a shot.

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa

1.Colin Greening *
2.Erik Condra *
3.David Rundblad
4.Jared Cowen
6.Bobby Butler *

How about Mr. Silfverberg? I would think he would have a realistic chance at landing a spot with the big club. Bingo looks like the likely situation, but a strong camp in September might dictate otherwise.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
How about Mr. Silfverberg? I would think he would have a realistic chance at landing a spot with the big club. Bingo looks like the likely situation, but a strong camp in September might dictate otherwise.

Yeah, it's possible I guess, but it might do us and Silfverberg some good for him to have one final year in the SEL. That's what I was thinking personally, obviously I have no idea if the Sens management feel the same, but I think they'll let him play there until at last the regular season ends there, then maybe get him in a game or two at the end of the season.

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah, it's possible I guess, but it might do us and Silfverberg some good for him to have one final year in the SEL. That's what I was thinking personally, obviously I have no idea if the Sens management feel the same, but I think they'll let him play there until at last the regular season ends there, then maybe get him in a game or two at the end of the season.

Well according to the prospect write-up on Silfverberg on Hockeysfuture, Sens management will be pushing Jakob to sign with the club and move over to NA next season...kind of like the Marcus Kruger situation in Chi-town. That said, it does mention that Silfverberg's preference would probably be to play 1 final year in Sweden. We'll see I guess.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm

I have a feeling Silfverberg could do really good as a rookie next year. He is one of the swedes I really think could come in to NHL and produce pretty well allready next year, unlike some other guys that is better served by staying in SEL. It might be both in Silfverberg and Ottawas interest to let him play one more year and let him establish as a bonafide SEL-star before they bring him over, but well the kid looks ready to me.

Lander for example would be better of playing one more year as first line center for Timrå, to develop offensively, rather than moving over to NA where he might be typecasted as a purely defensive center.

Last edited:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Well according to the prospect write-up on Silfverberg on Hockeysfuture, Sens management will be pushing Jakob to sign with the club and move over to NA next season...kind of like the Marcus Kruger situation in Chi-town. That said, it does mention that Silfverberg's preference would probably be to play 1 final year in Sweden. We'll see I guess.

Pierre Dorion actually said a few weeks ago that he fully expects Silfverberg to be a NHLer by late next season. I'm guessing this is pending on him actually coming to North America. He has a legit shot to make it out of camp.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Islander:

Nino Niederrieter will likely make it
DeHann will start the year in the AHL, could possibly make the team.
Poulin will likely see time when DP goes down

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad