Which Prospects will make your team next Year?

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I have a feeling Silfverberg could do really good as a rookie next year. He is one of the swedes I really think could come in to NHL and produce pretty well allready next year, unlike some other guys that is better served by staying in SEL. It might be both in Silfverberg and Ottawas interest to let him play one more year and let him establish as a bonafide SEL-star before they bring him over, but well the kid looks ready to me.

Lander for example would be better of playing one more year as first line center for Timrå, to develop offensively, rather than moving over to NA where he might be typecasted as a purely defensive center.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing that info. I had read a lot of conflicting reports about whether or not he was ready, most seemed to be of the opinion that he *could* do it, but he might be better served with another year to dominate the SEL, but it's different hearing it from people who watch him in Sweden.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Boston will remain the same with the possible exception of Recchi/Ryder leaving, which is unknown at this point.

Caron has the best, if not the only, chance out of all of them.

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
Boston will remain the same with the possible exception of Recchi/Ryder leaving, which is unknown at this point.

Caron has the best, if not the only, chance out of all of them.

I might throw Spooner into the mix, especially after his strong camp last September. Plus he's put up some good #'s for Kingston/Peterborough in the O this year (64GP 35G 46A 81pts), even though the team (Kingston) has been a disappointment.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
None of our prospects that aren't currently in the NHL have a spot guaranteed to them next year.

Morin would, but his mysterious injury has really cut into his play time too much for anything to be certain.

Pirri, Beach, Lalonde, Olsen probably still need a year in the AHL at least.

Smith and Klinkhammer have a good chance to break into our bottom 6, but we'll see how that works out.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Tampa:

For sure:
Harju
Desjardins

Maybe one of Connolly/Ashton

I read somewhere that Harju was going back to Europe. I hope he stays and try to fight for a spot one more year. He might get a real chance if he works hard for it.

If he fails to make it next season he can always go back to SEL and be a star on his old team Luleå that looks pretty good and might have a shot at the gold if they continue to bring in the right players or play in KHL and make some money.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Avs:

- Hishon has an outside shot.
- One of Barrie/Elliott/Gaunce will be there on the blueline, maybe even two of those guys.
- Brad Malone has an outside chance too.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
:pens

Joe Vitale could make it but he's probably the only one. Eric Tangradi has an outside shot but his chance was greatly reduced courtesy of Trevor Gilles.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
:pens

Joe Vitale could make it but he's probably the only one. Eric Tangradi has an outside shot but his chance was greatly reduced courtesy of Trevor Gilles.

Is Dustin Jeffrey no longer being considered a prospect? Because he is all but certain to make the NHL squad for next season.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Petry
Hartikainen
If we pick Larsson, I'd assume that he could crack the lineup
If we pick RNH, I'd sent him back to dominate the WHL and the WJC

TheHMan

Feb 2, 2008
Montreal
Very interesting, thanks for sharing that info. I had read a lot of conflicting reports about whether or not he was ready, most seemed to be of the opinion that he *could* do it, but he might be better served with another year to dominate the SEL, but it's different hearing it from people who watch him in Sweden.

I wouldn't say he's dominating the SEL, but at the same time I don't think he has much left to learn. There aren't any significant flaws to his game, he's already physically developed, and he already plays a style that would suit him well in NA.

The way I look at it is that there's no time like the present for him to adjust. He still has to improve a bit more to reach his full potential, but in the meantime he can still be a pretty effective player here. He's going to get a solid look for sure.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I wouldn't say he's dominating the SEL, but at the same time I don't think he has much left to learn. There aren't any significant flaws to his game, he's already physically developed, and he already plays a style that would suit him well in NA.

The way I look at it is that there's no time like the present for him to adjust. He still has to improve a bit more to reach his full potential, but in the meantime he can still be a pretty effective player here. He's going to get a solid look for sure.

I meant he would dominate next year if he was to go back. The best thing that could happen is bringing him over here and having him compete in the AHL for a while - unless he makes it out of camp I guess - which will rely on Murray and co. not signing any UFA forwards (which they/we shouldn't).

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
Leafs:
Kadri (still considered a prospect) - only guarentee

Some long shots:
-Scrivens
-Gysbers
-Gardiner

Really long shots:
-Colborne
-D'Amigo
-Holzer

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
None that are guaranteed for the Flames. Possibles in order of likelihood (in my opinion anyway):

Tim Erixon D

T.J. Brodie D

Greg Nemisz F

Leland Irving G (as a backup, but unlikely unless Kiprusoff's playing time is reduced significantly)

EDIT: The signing of Ortio gives Irving a better chance of being in the NHL next year. There's no way Irving will get as many minutes in the AHL as he did this year with Ortio on the scene. I'm guessing the Flames start winding down Kiprusoff's starts and make Irving the backup getting a good 25-30 NHL starts.

Last edited:

outofrange

Feb 6, 2007
The guys who have the best shot at cracking the lineup.....

Kings

1) B. Schenn
2) Loktionov
3) Voinov
4) Muzzin
5) Hickey
6) Holloway
7) Kozun

A guy like Moller is already up so he doesn't count. Next year those six could crack the lineup on most teams but there is probably only two spots available at forward (for center and wing) and the two most likely to get in are Schenn or Lokti, with Holloway having an outside chance at grabbing a wing on the bottom six.

Voinov, Muzzin and Hickey would all have started as number six dmen for most teams this season, but only one of them has the chance to compete with Martinez (who has been very, very solid) for that spot next season or be the number 7 dman.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
The guys who have the best shot at cracking the lineup.....

Kings

1) B. Schenn
2) Loktionov
3) Voinov
4) Muzzin
5) Hickey
6) Holloway
7) Kozun

A guy like Moller is already up so he doesn't count. Next year those six could crack the lineup on most teams but there is probably only two spots available at forward (for center and wing) and the two most likely to get in are Schenn or Lokti, with Holloway having an outside chance at grabbing a wing on the bottom six.

Voinov, Muzzin and Hickey would all have started as number six dmen for most teams this season, but only one of them has the chance to compete with Martinez (who has been very, very solid) for that spot next season or be the number 7 dman.

Schenn and Lokti are the two that I see making it for sure really but outside of them I don't see any. Holloway or Moller maybe but I doubt both of them. I don't see any D making it since we have 5 guarantees for next year and the way Martinez has been playing, I'd say that he's pretty much a lock too. if Voinov has a really good camp, maybe he makes it but he'd have to look really really solid.

My dark horse for making it is Toffoli. Still young but we could use the scoring and I wouldn't be shocked to see him steal a spot in the top 6.

yay

Caps, my opinions:

I really don't see any new prospects making the team out of camp next year, with the possible exceptions of Cody Eakin and Braden Holtby. I think they would want Eakin to spend the majority of the year in Hershey, and Holtby's status will depend entirely on what happens with Varlamov and Neuvirth this offseason. Obviously he's ready for the NHL.

Perreault and Andrew Gordon could get more games next year, although I'm not sure I'd consider either one of them prospects anymore. They aren't 'rookies' anymore.

Notable guys who could get a cup of coffee next year (in order or impact, IMHO):
Eakin
Dmitri Orlov
Francois Bouchard

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
If people still count Nick Leddy as a prospect, he'll certainly be back.

Jeremy Morin will probably join the team on the third line right wing, a spot he pretty much earned in camp last year but couldn't fit under the cap. Of course, this is provided that he returns well from his injury. Rumor is that he might see a few games in the Rock by the end of the year--hopefully this is the case.

Marcus Kruger also stands a good chance of making the team next year, especially if he adds some weight to his frame.

I think that Ben Smith will earn a spot on the fourth line. Rob Klinkhammer will give him a run for his money in camp next year.

The Hawks will probably continue their conservative development of Beach, but their weakness on the left side could open an opportunity for him.

Alexander Salak will probably be the Hawks backup next year.

DetBigWangs

Dec 15, 2009
For the Wings, it's less about "making" the team than "graduating" from your stint in the AHL (i.e. exhausting the allotment of the the Wings can hang onto a prospect) while showing you are good enough while there.

Mursak is going to graduate. Maybe Tatar if we let go of some guys, otherwise he and Smith the following year. Emmerton might just be let go.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Mike Murphy in Carolina to backup Ward?

Brian Dumoulin??

Peters will still be the backup in Carolina behind Ward. It would kill Murphy's development to play about 9 games a season.

Dumoulin has already said that he's returning to BC for his junior season.

The only rookies I can see making the team are Zach Boychuk and Zac Dalpe. Drayson Bowman and Jerome Samson have a chance, but I don't see it.

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
Habs

-Emelin: if he come over he's going to play. its habs or khl for him. not hamilton. should fit in the habs top6 and wouldn't mind playing with countrymen Markov next year. now lets just wait if he sign. will likely play for russia at the world championship

-Weber/White/Desharnais are with the habs now but will be regular next year from day 1 of the regular season

-Kristo/Leblanc are not nhl ready. Im not even sure Kristo would turn pro after this season. Leblanc would be in Hamilton

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
:nucks

Cody Hodgson
Eddie Lack (If we trade Schneider)
Chris Tanev (played this year, but because of injuries)
Kevin Coonauton
Lee Sweatt

Most of these guys won't play, but they all have a shot... in another year probably Bill Sweatt, and Jordan Schroeder will be ready to play.

Also if they do play, it will be because of injury. Unless we lose half our team to free agency... which won't happen, except possibly on defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->