Speculation: Which players from likely 1st round exits should we target

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Is Milan that much of an upgrade than Vrby?

I wouldnt say an upgrade but I know he did have chemistry this year when Hemsky joined his line and we would need to pad the loss of Vrby some way if we can't resign him. I think Milan would be a decent option for that.

Karlkarotte

Jul 24, 2013
Not only no, but HELL no.

You're crazy man. That package is at least worth a look. It would completely revive our offense. I don't know, not saying id do it for sure, but it's not worth that type of reaction IMO haha

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
You're crazy man. That package is at least worth a look. It would completely revive our offense. I don't know, not saying id do it for sure, but it's not worth that type of reaction IMO haha

I looked at it. A late first-rounder in a weak draft, a gritty second-liner, and two brothers whose style of play meshes with Tippett's systems like chocolate and kale, in return for the second coming of Nick Lidstrom?

Pass.

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
No, but I would do Stone, Schlemko and a second for Simmonds?

I'm sorry, but Philadelphia would not even think about that. I feel like we value Stone MUCH higher than the rest of the league. Plus, Schlemko is a waste of a contract and a 2nd isn't that much. That won't be much to acquire their 25 year old power forward who has 30 goal ability.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I'm sorry, but Philadelphia would not even think about that. I feel like we value Stone MUCH higher than the rest of the league. Plus, Schlemko is a waste of a contract and a 2nd isn't that much. That won't be much to acquire their 25 year old power forward who has 30 goal ability.

This.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
Would you ship OEL to the Flyers for the Schenn brothers, Simmonds and a first round pick in this year's draft?

OEL is an extremely hard player to trade. Although that is one hefty package with a lot of pieces.

We will likely say thanks and pass, but that would give us some good reason to pause and think. It's very close in terms of the kind of return we would need.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
We lose Morris, and may lose Summers and now you want to trade another two Dman?

We need an upgrade at forward with out subtracting contributors like Doan/Hanzal/Bods/Vermette, and signing Verby. Any other forwards we can trade and the only one with some value is Korpi. Outside of that on D we have: OEL/Yandle/Z, all staying. D we could move for a forward are: Gormley/Stone/Murphy/Schlemko. Hopefully we sign Summers and if we trade some of the D a summers signing is a must.

I think a trade for a forward will involve some combination of Korpi/ the 4 D mentioned above/draft picks/anyone not named Domi in our system. I think it will be with a team that will trade quality for quantity from us. It could be a rebuilding team or a veteran playoff team looking to get a little younger and replenish the pipeline.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

I don't disagree with you but it is more realistic then the OEL trade proposal. Wingers are a much larger, easier to obtain and replace commodity, versus top 5-10, 21 year old, #1 D, like OEL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad