WJC: Which player(s) has impressed you the most

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Taylor Hall for me...haven't paid enough attention to non-Canada games to talk about anyone else. Hall's speed is remarkable--his skating reminds me a lot of Gaborik--but he's shown that he has good hockey IQ and excellent vision as well in these first few games.

Also, I have to say I've been extremely disappointed with Kadri. He's an immature punk. Even in these blowout games I've seen him taking runs at other players and celebrating his goals like he's the best thing since sliced bread. I've also noticed him hog the puck quite a bit. In general, it looks like he thinks that he's too cool for school.

That Hall and Kadri play on the same line really brings to light the differences between the two. One of them seems to just be running around trying to show everyone how good he is and the other seems to be focused on actually playing the game.

Does anyone else feel this way about Kadri?

Oh man you perfectly put into words what's been bothering me about Kadri, he's driving me insane out there. He's throwing some gross hits too.

As far as who's impressing me: Hall, Pietrangelo, Eberle, and the Swiss goalie.

sexytime

Apr 17, 2009
Ottawa
I think you were right on the money, to be honest. Not a fan of his attitude at all.

As a fellow Lebanese-Canadian makes me a bit disappointed to see the way he's acting especially since he's become a role model for all leb kids out there. I was high hopes for this guy, but I think if he keeps up that attitude he's going to fail big time.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
OEL's the best I've seen so far....awesome at both ends of the ice. He reminds me a lot of a young Lidstrom. I'm also both suprised and impressed by his physical play and he even has a bit of a mean streak that I wasn't aware of.

Davebo*

As a fellow Lebanese-Canadian makes me a bit disappointed to see the way he's acting especially since he's become a role model for all leb kids out there. I was high hopes for this guy, but I think if he keeps up that attitude he's going to fail big time.

He was dishing the puck off nicely the last several PP's - a work in progress.....

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
Canada vs Slovaks:

Hrasko - a physical force and seems to have pretty decent hands...

Hall - again... the kid is damn good. I would guess he will be better than Tavares and Stamkos.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Nothing.

I honestly didn't think Hall would dominate the tournament, or simply, dominate at all. He has been a huge surprise. But I think it's going to be interesting how he translates it all in the NHL

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Nothing.

I honestly didn't think Hall would dominate the tournament, or simply, dominate at all. He has been a huge surprise. But I think it's going to be interesting how he translates it all in the NHL

I think he will translate to the NHL very well. Everything about his game screams NHL ready. His play indicates an easy transition imo.

boozeash

Apr 19, 2007
Ottawa
Hall is going to be an absolute superstar. You can tell by watching him on the ice how good he is. He's Big, he's fast, he's got great hands, great shot, great vision, and he's hard working. If you compare him to the last three first overall draft picks he's the best easily. When he finishes growing i expect him to be 6'2-6'3" 210-220lbs. Just watch him play out there compare him to some of the other good Canadian players. Hall's game will translate to the NHL so easily.

boozeash

Apr 19, 2007
Ottawa
Hall is not clearly better than Stamkos or Kane.

You're right he's not clearly better right now, after all, he hasn't played a NHL game yet. That is not his fault, he is only 18. But it is fair to say that he has all the tools to become better than both Stamkos and Kane in the not too distant future. His hands shot and speed, are comparable to Stamkos and Kane already. He'll be a power forward that will be very hard to play against.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
You're right he's not clearly better right now, after all, he hasn't played a NHL game yet. That is not his fault, he is only 18. But it is fair to say that he has all the tools to become better than both Stamkos and Kane in the not too distant future. His hands shot and speed, are comparable to Stamkos and Kane already. He'll be a power forward that will be very hard to play against.

Maybe using the powerforward term a little too loosely..but i do get your point. He plays a much more physical and in your face game than Kane, Stamkos or Tavares.

I am still not sold that he will be the best out of the three....it will really depend on what tickles your fancy. I still think that Stamkos will end up being the best. Hall sure is showing that he could have a shot at being a very elite player in the future though.

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Hall needs to get a lot stronger/bigger if he wants to dominate at the NHL level. He's pretty wiry right now and gets knocked off the puck easier than I would like. His skill is phenomenal, though. He's kind of like a craftier version of Gaborik.

Manny*

McMillan has been really good.
Kozun has been really good.
Petersson has been really good.
Rodin has been really good.

XDC-RES

Root for the Laundry
Aug 29, 2005
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Kozun has really impressed me. I had no idea he had this kind of skill.

There is an American D man whom I like too but it's probably just because he is a Caps prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad