WJC: Which player(s) has impressed you the most

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
I watched the Russia-Finland game today. The two most impressive players were Sami Vatanen and Bobkov the goalie.

Vatanen is very small, but I just think he's too fast and skilled to not make the NHL.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
I've only watched U.S. and SWE games but I've really been surprised and impressed by D'amigo. He's showing poise that I think will translate very nicely in the NHL.

Rodin and Petersson have also been surprisingly good.

Reasoned Opinion

May 21, 2009
Logic Land
Rodin kid from Sweden. Takes a very cheap shot and comes back with six points in two games and looks dominant in terms of puck control. Looks like a stud of a prospect.

Macman

May 15, 2004
Eberle for me. He so good with the puck and a threat almost everytime he's out there.

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Taylor Hall for me...haven't paid enough attention to non-Canada games to talk about anyone else. Hall's speed is remarkable--his skating reminds me a lot of Gaborik--but he's shown that he has good hockey IQ and excellent vision as well in these first few games.

Also, I have to say I've been extremely disappointed with Kadri. He's an immature punk. Even in these blowout games I've seen him taking runs at other players and celebrating his goals like he's the best thing since sliced bread. I've also noticed him hog the puck quite a bit. In general, it looks like he thinks that he's too cool for school.

That Hall and Kadri play on the same line really brings to light the differences between the two. One of them seems to just be running around trying to show everyone how good he is and the other seems to be focused on actually playing the game.

Does anyone else feel this way about Kadri?

Last edited:

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Also, I have to say I've been extremely disappointed with Kadri. He's an immature punk. Even in these blowout games I've seen him taking runs at other players and celebrating his goals like he's the best thing since sliced bread. I've also noticed him hog the puck quite a bit. In general, it looks like he thinks that he's too cool for school.

That Hall and Kadri play on the same line really brings to light the differences between the two. One of them seems to just be running around trying to show everyone how good he is and the other seems to be focused on actually playing the game.

Feels good to have Kadri in the system!

Pietrangelo once again had a very impressive game. I was very dissapointed with his play last year, but he has won me over. Looks so smooth on the ice, capable physically, big point shot, and nice ice awareness.

alienanton*

Taylor Hall for me...haven't paid enough attention to non-Canada games to talk about anyone else. Hall's speed is remarkable--his skating reminds me a lot of Gaborik--but he's shown that he has good hockey IQ and excellent vision as well in these first few games.

yea, kadri certainly isnt interested in winning the games. surely he's just showing off despite already being drafted.

this is getting hilarious. hall tries to dangle in a phone booth, is stripped, and creates a rush for the other team and he's the god's gift to hockey.

kadri has the puck jump over his stick...selfish, puck-hog, giveaway machine.

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
yea, kadri certainly isnt interested in winning the games. surely he's just showing off despite already being drafted.

this is getting hilarious. hall tries to dangle in a phone booth, is stripped, and creates a rush for the other team and he's the god's gift to hockey.

I just haven't been very impressed with Kadri's attitude thus far. He obviously has immense talent as well. Maybe I was being a bit too harsh when I said "immature punk", but that's the kind of personality that he's projecting right now.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Kadri too mee is still a very raw talented player

he needs to learn when to do certain things and when not to do certain things. I also see why ppl last year were questioning his ability to use his linemates properly.

He impresses you sometimes with a slick goal or pass then disappointments you with a dumb penalty or destroys a play by trying to deke 3 guys.

he seems to have two sides to him lol

Chain Attack

Aug 15, 2006

No need to defend Kadri. He has played well but I can see how he gets under people's skin with the hits, trash talking and tapping his stick on the ice.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON

he needs to learn when to do certain things and when not to do certain things. I also see why ppl last year were questioning his ability to use his linemates properly.

He impresses you sometimes with a slick goal or pass then disappointments you with a dumb penalty or destroys a play by trying to deke 3 guys.

He's got a lot of bad habits and weaknesses that he does need to work on. But we're not aloud to say anything about those without Leafs fans calling us a troll.

McMillan and Eberle have played really well together. Pietrangelo has looked fantastic. I've been watching Taylor Hall for a couple years now and actually think he can do better than he is. His game just seems a little bit off to me.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Eberle will lead the tournament in scoring this year. Impressed? I dont know since he was one of the leading scorers last year.

Not bad for a kid thats too small and cant skate very good!

Jason12

Dec 8, 2008

Lets not forget hes 19 years old. Last year many people described Della Rovere the same way. This year he has shown (so far) that he has taken that out of his game while still playing physical.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I just haven't been very impressed with Kadri's attitude thus far. He obviously has immense talent as well. Maybe I was being a bit too harsh when I said "immature punk", but that's the kind of personality that he's projecting right now.

I think you were right on the money, to be honest. Not a fan of his attitude at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad