Which Player Is The Most Powerful?

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
brodeur.gif

powerful enough to retire Brodeur

Still one of the funniest things to happen in the NHL...Brodeur absolutely despised Avery haha

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
OP makes some awful threads. Get off your butts mods and do something.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Chara, Zdeno

Largest and strongest player in the league
Yeah, a former player who was no stranger to physical play told me that Chara was in another realm. said he had him all lined up with his head down and went for the bow up hit, and he just bounced off. Mentioned Buff, and he said he was, of course, very strong, but not as strong on his skates as Chara and not as athletic. Buff and Weber are certainly beasts, though.

Coyle is probably the strongest on the Wild, though Suter is sneaky strong. They are certainly a couple of tiers down from the players mentioned above, though. Will be interested to see how Greenway's strength translates to the NHL. That is one big kid.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
This is the kind of thread I would expect from an OP called "GodEmperor" :laugh:

Edit: Great minds ^

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I am surprised Buf is getting so many mentions, yes he is big but he is soft as butter and more fat that muscle.

I would say for regular skaters it would be Weber. He seems to have the best combination or size, strength and ability to use it (both fighting and hitting).

As for power in terms of influence Crosby for sure. Still the most marketable guy and the best player in the game so his opinions matter more than any other player, as much as a single players opinions can matter.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Depends on how you define "power." Lucic is 240 pounds of muscle, basically no fat, according to the coaching staff (or "no fat" at all I think was the exact wording). If he was out there every shift hitting every puck carrier like a ton of bricks, half the league would probably be out with injuries by now (exaggeration to make a point). But he's kinda slow to be able to do that, I suppose. Still, the guy is as lean as can be, and is still a massive specimen of muscle. In terms of pure muscle 'power' and physical strength I think Lucic has to be up there.

Or Todd is a huge liar. As much as I don't like Todd (and I think he's a brutal coach), he's not one to tell tales.

Last edited:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Depends on how you define "power." Lucic is 240 pounds of muscle, basically no fat, according to the coaching staff (or "no fat" at all I think was the exact wording). If he was out there every shift hitting every puck carrier like a ton of bricks, half the league would probably be out with injuries by now (exaggeration to make a point). But he's kinda slow to be able to do that, I suppose. Still, the guy is as lean as can be, and is still a massive specimen of muscle. In terms of pure muscle 'power' and physical strength I think Lucic has to be up there.

Or Todd is a huge liar. As much as I don't like Todd (and I think he's a brutal coach), he's not one to tell tales.
Muscle mass =/= power. Power is power, it's not something you can just decide to define however you feel like.

Also, judging by some Lucic photos, he definitely isn't a massive blob of pure muscle. I'm sure he's strong for an NHL player but yeah. Weight is just about the least useful measure of power.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Muscle mass =/= power. Power is power, it's not something you can just decide to define however you feel like.

Also, judging by some Lucic photos, he definitely isn't a massive blob of pure muscle. I'm sure he's strong for an NHL player but yeah. Weight is just about the least useful measure of power.

So define power for me. You defined power using the word "power" which doesn't help much, to be honest. Give me your interpretation, and I'll try to give a better answer.

And it's a very real possibility that Todd was lying through his teeth, but those were his words just the other day (or yesterday) on TSN.

I haven't seen Lucic naked (lately), so I'm not sure who to believe.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Can you define $wag daddy for this out of touch 80s kid?

Flashin' the stacks of cash. Think of E. Kane's stacks of dollar bills he was showing off a few years ago in some selfies he posted on the interwebs. I think that's it. If I'm wrong I'll get 5 replies of how dumb I am, so either way this will be a hell of a ride.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I have lost count the amount of times players have crawled off the ice after Lucic hit them.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: