Speculation: Which pending UFAs hit the market? Or get re-signed?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I don't know for most of these, but I would bet money (a small amount) that Sam Reinhart doesn't stay in Florida, only because the Panthers have been smart enough to not give out over-inflated contracts due to career seasons in the past, and Reinhart is having just that now and should be looking for a major payday. I think he will get offers similar to what a perennial 50 goal scorer gets, and Florida will be smart enough to know that to keep him would require a cap hit that wouldn't make sense for more than a year or two. Somebody will offer him a 7 year contract at around 10M per year AAV, and I can't see Florida signing him to that.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Reinhart won't get $10+ million in Florida.
Barkov is at 10, Tkachuk at 9.5
Reinhart will take ~$8.5 x 8yrs with signing bonus money as incentives along with the other checkmarks living/playing in Florida brings.
You are delusional if you actually believe that.

Pettersen and Nylander both just got 11.5+, like it or not, that is the market and he's not going to take $3m less

I don't know for most of these, but I would bet money (a small amount) that Sam Reinhart doesn't stay in Florida, only because the Panthers have been smart enough to not give out over-inflated contracts due to career seasons in the past, and Reinhart is having just that now and should be looking for a major payday. I think he will get offers similar to what a perennial 50 goal scorer gets, and Florida will be smart enough to know that to keep him would require a cap hit that wouldn't make sense for more than a year or two. Somebody will offer him a 7 year contract at around 10M per year AAV, and I can't see Florida signing him to that.
Considering what EP40 and Nylander signed for, Reinhart could get an 11m+ offer.

• Haha
Reactions: Voight and Laus723

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Pettersen and Nylander both just got 11.5+, like it or not, that is the market and he's not going to take $3m less

Considering what EP40 and Nylander signed for, Reinhart could get an 11m+ offer.

Bookmark the post then and bring the same energy come July when you're proven to be the delusional one thinking Reinhart gets 11 mil in Florida.

You clearly don't understand signing bonus incentives and tax savings.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Tampa is likely keeping both Stamkos and Duclair unless Hanifin is definitely choosing to sign with them. If Hanifin does choose Tampa, one of Stamkos or Duclair will be gone. If not, Tampa will likely keep both F's and address the defense with another option.

Reactions: Stephen Gionta

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Bookmark the post then and bring the same energy come July when you're proven to be the delusional one thinking Reinhart gets 11 mil in Florida.

Florida isn't the only place where tax savings can be had, but that isn't even the biggest issue.

Reinhart has traditionally been a 30 goal scorer, and this is only the 2nd year he has hit 80 points, and he could hit 90. If he is asking for what a 50 (outside shot at 60 still) goal, 80-90 point player, will Florida give him what he wants? They have traditionally been very responsible with their contracts and offers, Bobrovsky aside, and while its understandable to not want to lose a star player, its also reasonable to think that they just might not see him as a guy who will hit 50 goals and 90 point s every year. Florida's valuation of him as a player comes into play as well. If they don't think he fits at a 10M - 11.5M salary, but other teams do, it might come down to other teams meeting the value that Reinhart's camp puts on him, and Florida's management not agreeing with that valuation.

Reactions: Voight

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

So Reinhart takes 7 x 10 = $70 mil to move elsewhere but says no to 8 x 8.5 = $68 million to stay in Florida where he just built a house?

While saving more than the difference of that missing $2 million above by earning signing bonus money/tax benefits.

Make it make sense.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

Florida isn't the only place where tax savings can be had, but that isn't even the biggest issue.

Reinhart has traditionally been a 30 goal scorer, and this is only the 2nd year he has hit 80 points, and he could hit 90. If he is asking for what a 50 (outside shot at 60 still) goal, 80-90 point player, will Florida give him what he wants? They have traditionally been very responsible with their contracts and offers, Bobrovsky aside, and while its understandable to not want to lose a star player, its also reasonable to think that they just might not see him as a guy who will hit 50 goals and 90 point s every year. Florida's valuation of him as a player comes into play as well. If they don't think he fits at a 10M - 11.5M salary, but other teams do, it might come down to other teams meeting the value that Reinhart's camp puts on him, and Florida's management not agreeing with that valuation.
Reino knows what it's like to struggle at a place that's going nowhere. He's trusted on every line (except the 4th), has excelled since he's been here, is with a great organization that believes in him, lives in Florida, plays with elite players...don't think y'all are taking that into consideration in your comments. As Impatient said, he's not going to make more than Tkachuk or Barkov, and imo Ek and/or Bob are moved out for cap space.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

I never once said he'd get 11m in Florida. Never even said he'd get 11, but he will get 10+ and every team can offer signing bonuses genius. Come back when you have some level of reading comprehension
Reino knows what it's like to struggle at a place that's going nowhere. He's trusted on every line (except the 4th), has excelled since he's been here, is with a great organization that believes in him, lives in Florida, plays with elite players...don't think y'all are taking that into consideration in your comments. As Impatient said, he's not going to make more than Tkachuk or Barkov, and imo Ek and/or Bob are moved out for cap space.
this is his last chance at a huge payday and he's not getting it from Florida unless they move out salary

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Honest question here.

Everyone seems to be saying Reinhart stays w/ Florida, and most also have Montour returning. How can they afford to do that? Reinhart is going to cost 10m+, and while the Cats have $20.67m in space currently, that is with only 13 players on the roster (14 if you count Knight, which would also lower the available space by 1.15m).

I don't know what Montour's market value is, but it is high enough that there is no way the Panthers can afford both and still fill out the roster; hell just signing Reinhart would make is extremely difficult to fill out the roster.

If they want to keep Reinhart, who goes? Same question if they want to keep both Reinhart and Montour.

I think they view Reinhart as part of the core and they will figure it out. But there is no way they can bring back both for the reasons you mentioned.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I never once said he'd get 11m in Florida. Never even said he'd get 11, but he will get 10+ and every team can offer signing bonuses genius. Come back when you have some level of reading comprehension

this is his last chance at a huge payday and he's not getting it from Florida unless they move out salary

:laugh: ok Lunatik, good chat. Good comparisons there as well with EP40, you got it all figured out.

Reactions: Laus723

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
So Ekblad possibly gone this July
1711559837294.jpeg

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

First off, there's no reason to be a douchebag to Impatient. He brought up a reasonable argument.

Second, Florida may move out salary, but you're still not taking into consideration his time in Buffalo versus Florida. We'll see when it happens, but we're saying not to be so certain.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
First off, there's no reason to be a douchebag to Impatient. He brought up a reasonable argument.

Second, Florida may move out salary, but you're still not taking into consideration his time in Buffalo versus Florida. We'll see when it happens, but we're saying not to be so certain.
1. Dude claimed I said shit that I didn't say, and I'm the douchebag? I'd say the guy manipulating and twisting things is the one that fits that description.

2. Very few organizations are as f***ed up as Buffalo. This isn't FLA vs BUF, it FLA vs several other organizations that have room to add him and aren't a shit show like Buffalo.

3. Your buddy there wasn't saying not to be certain, because I never said anything was certain, I asked questions. Then I pointed out contracts handed out recently, then he tried saying I compared Reinhart to Pettersen, which again, I didn't do, just stated his contract, along with Nylander's has set teh market... Nylander is an extremely comparable player that was handed 11.5m recently and he conveniently leaves that out to twist and manipulate things.... and again, I'm the douchebag? Why? Because I'm direct and not using softer words and manipulating things?

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
LA won't let both Roy and Arvidsson walk. They'll figure it out to keep one of them.
LA will still be close to the Cap, they have replacements for Roy (Clarke or Spence as a RHD - more offensive but less defensive) and Arvidsson (Turcotte and Fagemo who is tearing up the AHL) and would like to use the Cap savings to get a Goalie ( Talbot(36) and Rittich(31) Copley(32) are all UFA's).

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
1. Dude claimed I said shit that I didn't say, and I'm the douchebag? I'd say the guy manipulating and twisting things is the one that fits that description.

2. Very few organizations are as f***ed up as Buffalo. This isn't FLA vs BUF, it FLA vs several other organizations that have room to add him and aren't a shit show like Buffalo.

3. Your buddy there wasn't saying not to be certain, because I never said anything was certain, I asked questions. Then I pointed out contracts handed out recently, then he tried saying I compared Reinhart to Pettersen, which again, I didn't do, just stated his contract, along with Nylander's has set teh market... Nylander is an extremely comparable player that was handed 11.5m recently and he conveniently leaves that out to twist and manipulate things.... and again, I'm the douchebag? Why? Because I'm direct and not using softer words and manipulating things
A Yep!
B. Doesn't mean it'll work out in those places, does it?
C. You brought him up. Not sure what got you bent out of shape, kinda funny. We'll see, maybe he stays, maybe he doesn't. My money is on he stays, but I trust Zito to nicely fill his hoes if he doesn't. Same as he did with Gudas.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

3. Your buddy there wasn't saying not to be certain, because I never said anything was certain, I asked questions. Then I pointed out contracts handed out recently, then he tried saying I compared Reinhart to Pettersen, which again, I didn't do, just stated his contract, along with Nylander's has set teh market... Nylander is an extremely comparable player that was handed 11.5m recently and he conveniently leaves that out to twist and manipulate things.... and again, I'm the douchebag? Why? Because I'm direct and not using softer words and manipulating things?

You clearly said Reinhart could get $10-11 million. Not sure why you're asking questions and then getting defensive when fans of the team Reinhart plays for supply you with opinions/possible answers to your proposed question.

You insult my reading abilities and then play victim on a discussion board?
Ok then, like I said, come back to discuss when he signs his new deal.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
You insult my reading abilities and then play victim on a discussion board?
Ok then, like I said, come back to discuss when he signs his new deal.
You actually think I care enough to remember this in 2-3 months :laugh:
In the future take your time and re-read what people say and try not to manipulate what they said and people won't be mean to you and you won't need your buddy jumping in to play hero

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
You actually think I care enough to remember this in 2-3 months :laugh:
In the future take your time and re-read what people say and try not to manipulate what they said and people won't be mean to you and you won't need your buddy jumping in to play hero

I'm not offended by your "tough" behavior, you clearly are showing us your character, it's very odd.

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
Why does everyone think Perron stays? He is so slow and makes so many bad mistakes that there is no way he stays.

He is cooked for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad