Which past prospect were you completely wrong about?

LoveHateLeafs

Jul 7, 2009
After his post-draft season in the Liiga, I was sure Teemu Pulkkinen would have an NHL career.

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
I was very against Mikey McLeod. I am glad I was wrong.

lol way too early bro. i didn't like the pick either (esp. w/ Chychrun still there) but we're not proven wrong until he's establishes himself as more than a 3C. this past year is encouraging but not proof

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
gotta' be Cam Barker for me....looked to have all the tools to be an impact NHL d-man...at least he's scoring now in the KHL:sarcasm:

Reactions: QuietContrarian

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
I thought Patty Kane was too small for the rigors of the NHL...boy was I wrong. I also wasn't very high on Max Pacioretty, but that may have been because I wanted the Habs to draft Perron.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Jaren fn Cowen... thought he was going to be a force.

Same. I remember saying that if we ever won a cup, Karlsson would be our best player but Cowen might just be our most important one. Yikes...

To be fair, I do think the tools were there. He just fell apart physically before most people reach their physical peak.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
I agree with that, just saying that in a building full of unhappy fans, his was the one voice saying "it's all going to be okay, he's very good!"

I was at the draft and I bumped into EK. Told him that we needed a DMan like Redden was for us, and that I was hoping he'd be that guy. At the time, I thought I was being optimistic.

"I try" was all he said.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Jordan Schroeder

When he fell from a top 5 ranked NA skater to #22 I thought it was the greatest thing to ever happen to the Canucks

I also felt this way when Shinkaruk dropped to the 20's, but to a smaller extent. I guess both fell for a reason...

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Hated the Sheifele pick for years, Spent more time on his rear than his skates. He worked super hard and is now one of my favorite players!

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
I was wrong about both the top picks in last year's draft. Thought Matthews and Laine would both be stars, but never would've guessed one would be better than McDavid and the other would remind me of Lemiuex.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
I was wrong about both the top picks in last year's draft. Thought Matthews and Laine would both be stars, but never would've guessed one would be better than McDavid and the other would remind me of Lemiuex.

Which one is better than McDavid?

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Jordan Schroeder

When he fell from a top 5 ranked NA skater to #22 I thought it was the greatest thing to ever happen to the Canucks

I also felt this way when Shinkaruk dropped to the 20's, but to a smaller extent. I guess both fell for a reason...

I thought the same thing. When he made it to 22nd, I thought for sure the Flames would pick him. I was furious when they took Poirier. I thought Shinkaruk would be good for 65-70 points, a legitimate top line winger. I was ****ing thrilled when the Flames acquired him. I still have hopes he can be a middle 6 guy, but I don't think it will happen with Calgary.

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
Ivan Provorov. I wanted pick Lawson Crouse. Now this thoughts seem so stupid))
Also Jaret Cowen. Was sure he is great D-man fo 2nd, at least 3rd pair. So sorry

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I had chychrun at 3 after Matthews and Laine. Not sure if I'll be wrong or not but I was legit screaming at the TV for leafs to trade for a pick when he didn't go top 10. Don't know how this will play out but I think I definetly overrated him quite a bit. Also in 2012 I wanted Forsberg or Grigorenko since we desperately needed a forward.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
I was so mad when Montreal took Price over Kopitar.

Both are what they are now, but sometimes I imagine what it could be with a true 1C with us since 10 years.

Hell, with Halak on fire during these crazy playoffs run... With Kopitar in...

Meh.

Reactions: stastny12

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Ryan Parent
I thought he would be a steady to good for a long time. Not great but have a solid career.
I think his back injury played a part in him not panning out:

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Hated when we picked Kesler in 2003. Thought it was a wasted pick.

Liked Virtanen in 2014. Thought he had 25-30 goal potential.

Oops on both.

Reactions: Wackster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad