Speculation: Which one do you take if any?

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
so i should watch a player that doesn't share almost any of sams skillset and draw conclusion that the game sam plays to fit his skillset is an example of not being hungry enough? you can't explain hungry, its another one of those brilliant terms that defines a set of behaviors commonly seen in successful people, can you define some behaviors of sam that dont demonstrate being hungry?

Skipping optional practices sometimes :scared:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
so i should watch a player that doesn't share almost any of sams skillset and draw conclusion that the game sam plays to fit his skillset is an example of not being hungry enough? you can't explain hungry, its another one of those brilliant terms that defines a set of behaviors commonly seen in successful people, can you define some behaviors of sam that dont demonstrate being hungry?

Here is why he isn't hungry:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSmF2zhBUzM/?taken-by=samsonreinhart&hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQhQ6EUAOLE/?taken-by=samsonreinhart&hl=en

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe

I probably could but can't be arsed to argue with 6 people at the same time and come out as a Sam basher cause I don't hate the guy. Peace out.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
You're actually going to argue against "goals win games" :laugh: go for it because that's what your about to argue against :laugh:

No, I'm saying it was dumb because the two things aren't mutually exclusive. And it's dumb because we no one was arguing that you don't need to score more goals to win a hockey game.

It's not that I disagree about anything you're arguing in particular -- There's just no logic in your argument.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
No, I'm saying it was dumb because the two things aren't mutually exclusive. And it's dumb because we no one was arguing that you don't need to score more goals to win a hockey game.

It's not that I disagree about anything you're arguing in particular -- There's just no logic in your argument.

theres no argument to logic

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
Yes, this is it. Murray was building the team around the strong center spine, that's why you want to trade Reinhart

You ignored my actual words to invent this lie. You are also pretending Sam was part of the center spine when in fact Larsson, Zemgus, COR, Grant, ERod were.

If you trade Reinhart for a "top 4 defenseman" you should be fired on the spot.

Brodin, Fowler and Hanifin are the options listed in the OP. They are top 4 defenders.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Perry was demoted to 3rd line, Rakell was promoted off the 3rd line. Perry is a bad comparison because of his age, neither are pushing to be a center.

Okay, I call that a sheltered 3rd line, we have different designations for it. Fully agree on the purpose behind it though.

And that's fair, but he was still in that 3rd line role if he was facing the toughest matchups. Sam hasn't shown that ability yet.

In all honesty, my comment was more about Richards career winding down by the time he was 3C. His body wore down and he was out of the league 2 seasons later; Sam still doesn't have a similar play style.

I've agreed on this for years.
(Larionov was 30 when he entered the NHL)

They could be, depending on cap space. Bylsma met Staal too, but I agree with the hopeful intent; that the next coach can re-imagine how the roster is used.

Here's my point: how can Perry and Rakell be on the same line if Perry was demoted and Rakell promoted? It's because neither happened. Carlyle moved both of them off Getzlaf's line and put them with Vermette to create scoring depth for the playoffs (for a period of time). He put them back together because Edmonton was only running two scoring lines. Until Edmonton split up Draisaitl and McDavid to create scoring depth.

Reinhart doesn't need to play like Richards to center a line. Reinhart is going to end up as a mix of ROR and Drury. High IQ, uses skills and positioning to play defense, centers a two way line. He won't center a shutdown type line. But he won't need to.

I envision the Sabres rolling ROR-Eichel-Reinhart-Larsson lines, with three of those lines playing solid two way games. ROR and Larsson will handle the bulk of the tough matchups. Reinhart can handle whatever is left, and Eichel could also handle more if he progresses defensively.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
Here's my point: how can Perry and Rakell be on the same line if Perry was demoted and Rakell promoted? It's because neither happened. Carlyle moved both of them off Getzlaf's line and put them with Vermette to create scoring depth for the playoffs (for a period of time). He put them back together because Edmonton was only running two scoring lines. Until Edmonton split up Draisaitl and McDavid to create scoring depth.

Reinhart doesn't need to play like Richards to center a line. Reinhart is going to end up as a mix of ROR and Drury. High IQ, uses skills and positioning to play defense, centers a two way line. He won't center a shutdown type line. But he won't need to.

I envision the Sabres rolling ROR-Eichel-Reinhart-Larsson lines, with three of those lines playing solid two way games. ROR and Larsson will handle the bulk of the tough matchups. Reinhart can handle whatever is left, and Eichel could also handle more if he progresses defensively.

I get that, and not disagreeing. Sam isn't required for that *whatever is left* spot tho, that's why swapping Sam for a defender is palatable.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I get that, and not disagreeing. Sam isn't required for that *whatever is left* spot tho, that's why swapping Sam for a defender is palatable.

It's not a "whatever is left" spot. Having a center spine of Eichel, O'Reilly, Reinhart is going to be hard to beat. Why give that up? It'll be such an advantage. Look at Pittsburgh. They've got three scoring lines, with average wingers as a whole. And they're compensating for no Letang.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It's been a long time, but the idea of getting a nightly favorable matchup due to having Eichel, ROR, Reinhart could be akin to the Briere-Drury-Roy era. That ARV line feasted because they regular got away from both hard checking assignments and harder defensive assignments. I'd like to see that again, even if the guys on Reinhart's wing are Ennis and Moulson next year.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
It's been a long time, but the idea of getting a nightly favorable matchup due to having Eichel, ROR, Reinhart could be akin to the Briere-Drury-Roy era. That ARV line feasted because they regular got away from both hard checking assignments and harder defensive assignments. I'd like to see that again, even if the guys on Reinhart's wing are Ennis and Moulson next year.

Agree. That's a nightly matchup nightmare for Sabres opponents.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad