Which Oilers get traded?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Purcell for sure. Maybe Gryba.

Schultz will get waived and clear at some point I think.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
TDD is two weeks from today. Simple question, which Oilers do you think will be moved by then?

Winner gets access to Soli's or McDNicks17's account for a week.

Sounds like more of a punishment than a reward

In any case, Jultz goes

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
I'm guessing Purcell/Schultz/Gryba/ go at the deadline.

Outside chance of Korpikoski, and a longer shot at even Yakupov. I think someone might take a shot at Lander, I dunno why though.

And one 'prospect' gets moved by the deadline, Musil/Simpson/Pitlick/.

I also think there's a chance one of Nurse/Reinhart, more likely Reinhart, get moved in the summer but that's just a odd hunch I have.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I agree it's Purcell & Schultz, but Fayne is interesting. Maybe not atm, but I could see us retaining 1 million on him for his remaining 3 years, and then some people will bite.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
yak and purcell most likely, imo.

maybe gryba and fayne.

i cant vote due to a picture of jackie treehorn tracing a penis (big lebowski) that i posted on the mains.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Purcell, Gryba, Schultz, Korpikoski and......Dillon Simpson get moved at the deadline.

JJTopper

Registered Creeper
Jul 11, 2002
Visit site
If I had to guess, Purcell is the only one moved by the deadline. Fayne's contract will scare teams off and Schultz isn't very appealing to playoff clubs due to his shaky own-zone play/softness. I do think half the players mentioned will be gone by the start of next season though. From the ones listed:

Eberle: I'd be surprised if he's moved. Tons of rumors all year, but he might be the only sniper we have and he has chemistry with all our top guys. Good plug and play for our top 6.
Fayne: Might be able to find a taker in the Summer, but we'd likely be taking a bad contract back. He's not a terrible depth guy (although overpaid), so it's really 50/50 what happens with him.
Gryba: I wouldn't be surprised if he's re-signed as depth.
Lander: Not worth anything but a contract spot. Probably sticks around as an AHL call-up type. Unless he asks to be moved for a better chance elsewhere.
Purcell: Gone. His offense will lure someone and he's a pending UFA. So not much risk for the acquiring team.
Schultz: I could see a non-playoff team taking a shot in the Summer. Might be after we walk away from the qualifier though. He won't be back.
Yakupov: I like the kid and think he has (most) of the tools to become a player in this league, but right now he's hurting the team more than helping. If we can find palatable deal, it's probably best for everyone to move on. We need to start taking steps and can't wait for him to figure things out. Again, a Summer issue to deal with.

Last edited:

TheGuyInTheChair

Sep 21, 2014
I'd be surprised if Purcell and Schultz weren't both gone. Iffy on Gryba as well as anyone else. No big trades.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
for me--the Darkhorse to get traded is Davidson--the guy is playing mad minutes and all situations--Teams may step up and make an offer for him Chia Pet can not turn down

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Purcell, Schultz and Hendricks. IMO if we can land something decent for Matt then now is the time to move him. I'd rather keep him than Korpikoski but I'm skeptical that someone would want Korpi unless we retain.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Think only Purcell. Schultz will probably be gone at the draft.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
for me--the Darkhorse to get traded is Davidson--the guy is playing mad minutes and all situations--Teams may step up and make an offer for him Chia Pet can not turn down

Don't understand.

The big glaring deficiency on this team is defence.

What is an an example of something the Oilers couldn't turn down for Davidson that might actually happen?

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Don't understand.

The big glaring deficiency on this team is defence.

What is an an example of something the Oilers couldn't turn down that might actually happen?

A team going all in--needing another Dman that can play in all situation--2nd and a good prospect?

or a late 1st?

Davidson is a darkhorse to be traded

in theory he is our 5/6 guy with Gryba--but both are playing way more then they should and I am curious what davidson's ask will be for his next contract

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad