Which of the following players will Jack Hughes be at least as good as?

Which of the following players will Jack Hughes be at least as good as?

• Total voters

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Mac is the only player who is probably peak making this a tough field. I'm confident he'll be better than Laine (and could be wrong easily) but we'll have to see about the other guys.

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Eichel maybe. Laine is rooted deep in the history books so no not him.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
At least none. Can be anyone except perhaps MacKinnon.
Was reading back into the Hughes’ threads when I rejoined HF

You just come across as a major hater in all of them. Werent you advocating Jack plays college for a year or two before the NHL?

Should probably hand in your rights to ever discuss a prospect again lmao

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Was reading back into the Hughes’ threads when I rejoined HF

You just come across as a major hater in all of them. Werent you advocating Jack plays college for a year or two before the NHL?

Should probably hand in your rights to ever discuss a prospect again lmao
To be fair, he isn't wrong in what you quoted at least. Hughes isn't at the other's levels. Chances are he gets better and there's a decent chance he reaches Eichel and/or Laine level, but its not a guarantee.

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
To be fair, he isn't wrong in what you quoted at least. Hughes isn't at the other's levels. Chances are he gets better and there's a decent chance he reaches Eichel and/or Laine level, but its not a guarantee.
Nothing in life is a guarantee. Pretty lame way to say he thinks Jack busts.

Jack was a better prospect than all of those players minus Matthews who he was on par with. What happens later we will see.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018

Jack was a better prospect than all of those players minus Matthews who he was on par with. What happens later we will see.
More like the poll premise is faulty over anything else you want to assume he was trying to say.

Uh... Okay, not going to argue. But going to say no. I think you're just caught up in the current hype more than anything.

Reactions: Tuomas Rauhala

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
More like the poll premise is faulty over anything else you want to assume he was trying to say.

Uh... Okay, not going to argue. But going to say no. I think you're just caught up in the current hype more than anything.
Or Jack decimated over six records in a years time....

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
Seems like a poor, shallow basis for the argument you said you were making. Just as an fyi.
Okay well idk how Jack wasnt the most highly touted prospect of all these names minus maybe Matthews. How many of them broke that many records in their draft year?

Not having a counter argument seems worse. But sure his 5’11” frame is all anyone sees

Los merengues

Mar 24, 2019

This is bold. In truth he is much closer to being worse prospect than any of those players, than being better. And probably indeed is.

Reactions: DickSmehlik

Los merengues

Mar 24, 2019
Haha right, im sure if you add up all the records the other four broke youd reach Jacks D-1 year
Records have nothing to do with being a better prospect. Absolutely nothing.

Or does the fact that Jack has more Records as junior than McDavid make him a better prospect?Yeah I thought so.

Los merengues

Mar 24, 2019
Ohh right, so if not their stats remind me what makes a prospect highly touted?

Surely it must be their hair and good looks
Ooh right its not like he didn't play on The most stackee USNTDP team ever. Context has alot to do with everything, plus hes not even the best player of his draft so there is that also.

Reactions: BabyPanda

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
Ooh right its not like he didn't play on The most stackee USNTDP team ever. Context has alot to do with everything, plus hes not even the best player of his draft so there is that also.
Ohh so now records matter enough to have to dive into how they were made

Which is it buddy? Do they or do they not matter? :)

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Okay well idk how Jack wasnt the most highly touted prospect of all these names minus maybe Matthews. How many of them broke that many records in their draft year?

Not having a counter argument seems worse. But sure his 5’11” frame is all anyone sees
Like I said, not arguing it. Just noting how poor of a basis for believing that you happen to be using

Los merengues

Mar 24, 2019
Ohh so now records matter enough to have to dive into how they were made

Which is it buddy? Do they or do they not matter? :)
I didn't dive in anything I stated the obvious.

Your argument is lacking of substance and throwing out records doesnt give it much. Laine had record points for a drafted player on his draft year at the WC(playing against men and NHLers). Same Tournament Hughes had what 0+3 point. Laine had 7+5. So he infinitely better by your metric. So If he's The worst prospect out of those listed, as many would argue, where does Hughes land?

Remember Records are everything and context doesnt matter! Do you see any fault in your narrative?

Reactions: Isaac Nootin

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland

Laine on his draft year:
FEL Championship + Playoffs MVP
WHC Silver + MVP of the tournament
WJC Gold
Can you name a barely 17-year old player who has done anything even close to that?

Eichel was also tearing it up in the NCAA being the first freshman since Kariya to win the Hobey Baker award. Nobody knows what he would have done if he stayed with the USDP for draft season like Hughes did for example.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Laine. Maybe Eichel/Matthews but that's a toss up. Anyone voting MacKinnon is on drugs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad