Which of the current star players will be good at age 35 and which won't?

moropanov

Mar 7, 2015
Ovechkin will retire in couple of years he is biologically almost 50 years old he already has gray beard and hair and he will drop from NHL very soon too slow for modern NHL game he will be one of slowest players of NHL in 2-3 years.

Reactions: Finnish your Czech

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I slightly agree with Benn. I still think he will put up 20+ goals though as long as the team is decent. Maybe like 40-50 points though which is a big drop-off

I don't think Byfuglien will be. Also don't think Burns will be

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Crosby will still be good, Toews will be a bottom 6 forward by then.

From the Ducks Getzlaf seems to be aging very well where as Perry will struggle to get another contract after his current one expires at 35.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I slightly agree with Benn. I still think he will put up 20+ goals though as long as the team is decent. Maybe like 40-50 points though which is a big drop-off

They don't seem like the types who would still be good at an older age, but they're both 33 already so it would have to be a fairly quick downfall at this point

Reactions: jetsforever

Foots

ALL OURS
May 5, 2018
Ovechkin will retire in couple of years he is biologically almost 50 years old he already has gray beard and hair and he will drop from NHL very soon too slow for modern NHL game he will be one of slowest players of NHL in 2-3 years.
Slava Malamud, is that you?

Reactions: CapitalsCupFantasy

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

Burns is like 33 right now, don't see how he won't be. Big guys and defenders age well and he just won the Norris a year ago.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Stamkos has shown ability to modify his game well, he should still be good. Hedman could age like a Lidstrom lite, I’ll say he stays good. Kucherov will be good but will regress more than the other two. Point is a super smart player but is also a fast skater, hard to predict.

Leafslet

Oct 19, 2011
TO
I’m just gonna say it, I wouldn’t be surprised if mcdavid is done in the NHL completely at 35, 36, 37, let alone a star.

Just get bad vibes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad