Which of our core players will Babcock have the largest impact on?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I chose Rielly as I feel like he's the easiest to see on the team going forward, a lot of question marks surrounding the rest.

Rielly Good

May 13, 2009
London, ON
Ever since hearing Babcock was hired I feel like Kadri has devoted himself to getting stronger and faster. I picked Reilly but I think it's close.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I've mentioned Phaneuf before on the basis that I think Babcock will help us have a game where the D-men are not depending on their own skating to get the puck out of the zone.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Negative impact? :P

:laugh: no i am serious

Like i would ship him to Timbuktu tomorrow if they had a 2nd round pick and a hockey team but I figure Bozak has a lot to prove. He needs to prove he's capable of being good without Kessel, he needs to prove he's of value (i know i'd be all insulted if no one offered for me if I were a hockey player)

i think Babcock will make a man out of him (now I have that song stuck in my head)

Like I said. I'm being a rebel. (not too much. ;) I coulda said Lupul)

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Hoping Rielly because he is likely the only guy that will be here when it's all said and done. (maybe Kadri and Gardiner as well.)

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
The biggest indirect impact will be on Bernier because the team's defensive systems will be drastically improved making his job easier.

Shwaguy*

Rielly. Babcock builds his systems around elite PMD. Rielly is gonna be his stud Dman.

Kadri is a close 2nd.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
i am going to be a rebel
Tyler Bozak.

I'm not at all convinced he's going to be good, but I'm interested to see how he does if he stays. He's spent his entire pro career as the obviously undeserving sidekick of Phil Kessel. That's a monkey off his back now, and he has a chance to actually define himself as a player.

LeafsFIO*

Panik, Phaneuf, Lupul, Kadri in that order. Worst impact on Gardiner.

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
Everyone will be better for having him as the coach, but I think Dion will be the one to benefit the most.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
I've mentioned Phaneuf before on the basis that I think Babcock will help us have a game where the D-men are not depending on their own skating to get the puck out of the zone.

Right on. It's Phaneuf. This could be a Larry Murphy to Detroit type of move. Slow footed defenseman that are otherwise really good players love the trap.

ShameOnYouZidlicky

Jun 4, 2010
Bernier and Reimer indirectly. Babcock's systems will make us a much better team defensively. Problem is we have very few offensively talented forwards. I'm expecting a lot of 2-1, 3-1, 3-2 losses this year.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
i am going to be a rebel
Tyler Bozak.

That 20ish-game (or whatever it was) stretch between injury and all-star break season before last, Bozak played like a 2a center, the best stretch of his career. You could go back to polls in this forum about how he was the most improved, or best value for money. That's the bar, so it's not impossible.
Or he could suck big time and be put on waivers. Too close to call.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Rielly would have taken a big step forward this coming season even if Babcock was not hired to coach him. Long term I think he will have a big effect on Rielly but for next season I think JVR will be the one taking the biggest step forward since I think Babcock will not stand for his long stretches of heartless play and will know how to push James to perform better and show more initiative.

I agree with who ever said Bozak as well. Think he will flourish under Babcock since he is actually the kind of player whos biggest skill is his smarts and Babcocks system (at least in Detroit) required his players to be smart.

One of the reasons I am not convinced Kadri will do well. I hope he will but if he have to much to think about he might lose the edge that makes him such a good player. It will be a balance act with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad