Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008
andy-fingers-crossed-o.gif

If you read his lips, he's saying "Hopefully Brian Strait"

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
No they're not. Watching the Colorado Eagles, Guenin and Cliche would be awful even on that roster.

Personal opinion. Maybe you think they are, but I wouldn't want them on the Eagles roster.

I don't want Mike Ribeiro on the Ducks, but he is still clearly an NHL caliber player.

Nate Guenin has had NHL contracts with more than a handful teams for a nearly a decade. He has been a solid top 4 guy in the AHL the whole time, otherwise teams wouldn't call him up every year. NHL teams don't give contracts to "below ECHL level" players for a decade or call them up on a yearly basis. And AHL teams don't make them captain of their team.

Looking at the Colorado Eagles roster, I recognize a handful players who I remember from the AHL or who had NHL contracts. Loic Leduc, Teigan Zahn, Sean Zimmerman, Darryl Bootland, Nathan Moon... If these guys can make the Eagles then so would Guenin. I've even seen Zimmerman, Zahn and Guenin all in the Ducks system just a couple of years ago. Guenin is clearly better than both.

Last edited:

Gio4PM

Nov 4, 2014
Calgary:

Setoguchi (failed comeback)
McGrattan (no NHL role any more)
Smid (concussions)

Dragon Priest

Elvenlegions
Nov 8, 2007
Metalheaven
I can definitely see a lot of the examples posted in here coming true.

Another one for me is Martin Havlat.

Always been one of my favorite players but just can't stay healthy for a long enough stretch to find any groove and, if I'm not mistaken was a healthy scratch, multiple times for the Devils down the stretch. Love him as a player, but I can't see anybody giving him even another 1 year prove it type contact again. Likely to play next year in the Czech league.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Couple guys I haven't seen much of here:

- Ryan Malone
- Jarrett Stoll
- Slava Voynov

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
From the Jets:

Clitsome: looks to have chronic back issues
Slater: has declined badly over the last three seasons
Halischuk: a better fit in Europe, doesn't really work as an NHL bottom-sixer
Ellerby: bad at hockey
Galiardi: bad at hockey

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I can definitely see a lot of the examples posted in here coming true.

Another one for me is Martin Havlat.

Always been one of my favorite players but just can't stay healthy for a long enough stretch to find any groove and, if I'm not mistaken was a healthy scratch, multiple times for the Devils down the stretch. Love him as a player, but I can't see anybody giving him even another 1 year prove it type contact again. Likely to play next year in the Czech league.

Another player I didn't even know was in the league anymore haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad