Which NHL player is in the WORST shape?

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Byfuglien looks huge in that photo but NFL offensive linemen are fat as Santa too. More than likely Dustin can squat 350-400 pounds and bench around 300. Oh and he can play 25-30 minutes of hockey in the NHL every game so his cardio level is fine.

He has some extra fat on him but he is very much in shape just like those linemen.

Fear the Wushu

Dec 4, 2013
New Brunswick, NJ
Byfuglien looks huge in that photo but NFL offensive linemen are fat as Santa too. More than likely Dustin can squat 350-400 pounds and bench around 300. Oh and he can play 25-30 minutes of hockey in the NHL every game so his cardio level is fine.

He has some extra fat on him but he is very much in shape just like those linemen.

you do know those weights aren't actually impressive for a guy his size though.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
you do know those weights aren't actually impressive for a guy his size though.

You do know they are impressive for the NHL, though, and still solid for his size. And I went conservative with those estimates. He can probably do more for 1 rep.

Again, the guy is likely in very good shape. He'd put me to shame in the weight room and I work out 4 days a week and would be considered in good shape by just about any metric. But I know we were talking about shape in relation to other NHL players. Not fans.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
and you do know that those weights are actually completely made up and probably don't represent his squat nor bench?

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
and you do know that those weights are actually completely made up and probably don't represent his squat nor bench?

I just said it was an estimate. I even put it in bold the first time. You do know what an estimate means, right?

Goodness, people. Stop trying to argue about everything. You wind up with egg on your face.

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
You do know they are impressive for the NHL, though, and still solid for his size. And I went conservative with those estimates. He can probably do more for 1 rep.

Again, the guy is likely in very good shape. He'd put me to shame in the weight room and I work out 4 days a week and would be considered in good shape by just about any metric. But I know we were talking about shape in relation to other NHL players. Not fans.

More than the average NHL bench, maybe. If NHL players are squatting less than 350-400 on average, I would be amazed. I'm guessing the average is over 400. Most of these guys work legs hard and have treetrunks under them. If you're gonna make up numbers to impress people, make them impressive numbers...

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
More than the average NHL bench, maybe. If NHL players are squatting less than 350-400 on average, I would be amazed. I'm guessing the average is over 400. Most of these guys work legs hard and have treetrunks under them. If you're gonna make up numbers to impress people, make them impressive numbers...

Well like I said he can likely do more for a one rep max but oh well.

Argue then read later is better, I guess.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
I just said it was an estimate. I even put it in bold the first time. You do know what an estimate means, right?

Goodness, people. Stop trying to argue about everything. You wind up with egg on your face.

On internet message board dominated by arguments, discussions, and debates. Upset about being challenged on point. Sounds about right. I'll sign off here - time to rinse off that egg and read some Merriam-Webster

If you had actually tracked the thread you'd notice that we have, in fact, continually argued for the exact same point. Kudos for a witty name nonetheless.

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
Bill Clement once told me Peter Forsberg once told him that Dustin Byfuglien was the purest comfort eater he's ever eaten with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad