Which NHL player is in the WORST shape?

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
Keith Tkachuk looked hungry and out of breath after doing a ahort interview about his son with Gene the other night. Or does it have to be an active player?

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
A2X3wQhCQAEGoZh.jpg

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Kessel
Byfuglien

They may be the only two out of shape players in the league.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Kessel is still a great player and his condition doesnt hinder him. Hes still out of shape.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Kessel
Byfuglien

They may be the only two out of shape players in the league.

Buff is 2nd in the NHL in TOI/gp (at around 29:45 per game). He is not dogging it anywhere during the game. You don't play about 30 minutes at high tempo in the NHL if you are out of shape. His cardio actually appears to be quite good.

His conditioning is a lot better in the past two seasons compared to before - the Maurice effect, I guess.

Bathcat

Slavin is mediocre
Jul 26, 2010
Oakland
Kessel is still a great player and his condition doesnt hinder him. Hes still out of shape.

How can he be in great condition but out of shape?

The guy above is right. His cancer meds have the side-effect of making his face appear a little fat. He's in fine shape.

hagelin1381

Mar 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
Just because Kessel doesn't look like an athlete doesn't mean he's out of shape.. I mean the guy is one of the fastest skaters in the league. He is in fine shape

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Look at how Devon Setugucci revealed recently about his drinking and drugging habits in the past. Or imagine Theo Fleury the last 5 years of his career and how messed up he was.

Byfuglien and Kessel are top tier athletes even compared to their NHL peers. Body fat is not really an indicator of your ability to be in shape to play hockey.

I don't know who the player in the worst shape in the league is, but it is likely someone dealing with addiction and personal issues at the moment. Not Buff or Kessel. Maybe they are not as "fit" as some players but if Buff can play 26-30 mins a night, he is not in bad shape.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
buff is like Shaq. big dudes who put on weight just breathing. they both worked like dogs playing pro. but dear lord buff post NHL. look out

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Buff is 2nd in the NHL in TOI/gp (at around 29:45 per game). He is not dogging it anywhere during the game. You don't play about 30 minutes at high tempo in the NHL if you are out of shape. His cardio actually appears to be quite good.

His conditioning is a lot better in the past two seasons compared to before - the Maurice effect, I guess.

but bodyfat% is everything :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad