which NHL player do you play like the most?

the_speedster

Jul 7, 2007
Peter Forsberg. He "ruined" my game actually. In the beginning I was all brett hull, shoot! shoot! shoot! Pretty good slapper, decent wrister. Waay more goals than assists for about 4yrs straight. Then I absolutely fell in love with forsbergs game. Realised I could actually simulate those insane passes and had a good head for when to make them (plus the jaw dropping effect on people is my crack :) )

I say ruined because now I won't shoot.. seriously its to the point of being ridiculous. I've been at the goal mouth and dished off. No goalie in the league even bothers playing my shot anymore (I still get my assists though ;) Most of my teammates and people at practice all but scream at me to shoot :) funny thing is, I've still got a pretty good shot. Its just sooo tempting when I spot a teammate out of the corner of my eye.....:shakehead

;)

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
i'd say my style is similar to that of Mason Raymond. very fast, goal scorer, average size, not very physical, defensively responsible. my speed is my greatest weapon and since i can't dangle very well i use my speed to get the puck past the D and in the net. so basically i'm an average sized speedy sniper, a bit like Raymond.

the_speedster

Jul 7, 2007
i'd say my style is similar to that of Mason Raymond. very fast, goal scorer, average size, not very physical, defensively responsible. my speed is my greatest weapon and since i can't dangle very well i use my speed to get the puck past the D and in the net. so basically i'm an average sized speedy sniper, a bit like Raymond.

in my dreams I skate like mason raymond:cry:

You know, on some days I swear I'd give up my dangles in exchange for his smooth strides:nod:

southerncross116

Jun 27, 2007
screening goalies
www.hist-sdc.com
I'd have to say probably Rick Vaive, although I'd have rather it have been Al Secord ... (I wasn't into fighting) ..

Was more of a guy to never fear getting moved around the slot, and kept getting back in there... not the best skater, but ok ... had a decent shot ... although for the leagues I'd played in (unlike Vaive) I'd usually be about even in goals and assists ...whereas I think Vaive normally scored more goals than he had assists.

jasonponty

Oct 24, 2008
Jed Ortmeyer...

Good defensive forward, vocal, good teammate, good in the corners and in front of the net, willing to lay down in front of a shot willing to do anything I can for the good of the team but love to have offensive chances.

Nikita Filatov*

In the middle of Rick Nash and Milan Lucic....

But my style is kind of weird. One season I'm a power forward with about 30 goals and 80 PIM....The next, I'm a dangler/Sniper with 72 goals and 12 PIM....Kinda weird...My style of play has changed basically every year.

Oddly enough, I've now switched to defense. Playing forward I was always one who didn't play much defense, but now that I'm on D, I haven't given up a goal all season and somehow, really improved my defensive game. I'd compare myself to Matt Hunwick. I get out of position a bit, but I can use my speed to get back and break up the play. Also leading the team in points, goals, and +/-.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad