which NHL player do you play like the most?

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
I'd probably say Nicklas Backstrom. Nice little deft passes, decent shot, good puck control, good defensively, not the best skater, but it gets the job done.

I actually had someone take a video of me when I was playing, and when I saw it I immediately thought Backstrom. My skating style was just like his.

Of course I'm no where near the skill level Backstrom is...

UserName

Jul 4, 2003
Visit site
i've been told i play like trevor linden.

plays all out, good skater, hard shot, good playmaking ability and very defensively responsible.

RKD

Jul 27, 2006
Calgary
www.twitter.com
A few teammates have told me I play a lot like Lubomir Visnovsky (I'll take that any day!). I have a great slapshot, skate a very similar style, and am great at moving the puck in my league. I'm a high-event player, too, so that's probably where most of the comparison comes in. I make risky plays to make something great, but sometimes it results in a turnover or something

SSM12

May 30, 2004
North Carolina, USA
Alex Semin merged with Tomas Fleishmann

Im not the fastest guy. Try really high risk moves and live and die by my wrist shot.

People on my team said thats who I remind them of, so im just going with it.

except not NEARLY as good.

dauster

Nov 16, 2008
North N.J
alot of people have comparted to gionta b/c im really short (5'7)im a winger and dont have alot of talent i just go all out both ways and have decent scoring

Mountain Dew

Sep 1, 2008
i would describe myself as taylor pyatts skill trapped in kyle wellwoods body.

the funny thing is taylors only upside is his body... and kyles is his skill... which i dont have.

basically. im a small, slow, weak, non skilled hockey player.

KillerCanuk

Aug 22, 2008
when im on Defence im compared to Shan O'brian> Is an impressive specimen who uses his size effectively. Owns underrated offensive ability. Can intimidate the opposition but Struggles against quick forwards. Must avoid taking bad penalties. . . And when im on the wing im compared to Jay Pandolfo> Is an extremely efficient penalty-killer. Solid on the forecheck, he has the grit needed to do battle in the corners. Plays an exemplary team game. but Is prone to long scoring droughts. haha:handclap:

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
People have told me my skating reminds them or Eric Staal. I play more like Samsonov though, using players on the team I'm most familiar with. Skate fast, stickhandle, circle around before making a pass when somebody sets themselves up nicely, or dump it in a low risk play when I can't find somebody.

El Duderino

Aug 4, 2007
BC
Bobby Orr, Wayne Gretzky, Cam Neely and Patrick Roy in one package. I WIN.

I actually don't know how to skate.

golfortennis

Oct 25, 2007
I have a bit in common with Crosby in the sense that I am looking to pass a lot more than I am looking to shoot. My shot is barely serviceable, but I can usually make some decent passes and give guys some good shooting opportunities.

BUt I skate nowhere near as fast as him, and I can get the puck taken away much easier. My skating style is probably almost a bent over style like Gretzky's, as opposed to the more efficient style.

I do some things that remind people of those two, however I am about as effective as their mothers on the ice.....:help:

noobman

Nov 28, 2007
Nik Antropov.

I'm a somewhat tall and lanky player that looks awkward on skates, but I'm a pretty solid two-way guy that can put up points (mostly assists lol).

Unlike Antropov, however, I have nights where I can absolutely take over a game.

Nikita Filatov*

In the middle of Rick Nash and Milan Lucic....

But my style is kind of weird. One season I'm a power forward with about 30 goals and 80 PIM....The next, I'm a dangler/Sniper with 72 goals and 12 PIM....Kinda weird...My style of play has changed basically every year.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Mark Parrish. I'm undersized and out of shape with sports asthma, I'm a decent skater, I love to shoot the puck and stand in front of the net, I don't pass anywhere near as much as I should, I rarely take penalties, and I'm generally a good guy on the bench.

noobman

Nov 28, 2007
In the middle of Rick Nash and Milan Lucic....

But my style is kind of weird. One season I'm a power forward with about 30 goals and 80 PIM....The next, I'm a dangler/Sniper with 72 goals and 12 PIM....Kinda weird...My style of play has changed basically every year.

I know where you're coming from. I was more of a dangler when I started despite my apparent lack of speed. I loved to carry the puck, and I was very slick with it. Up until a few years ago I wouldve described myself as a power forward, using my body to protect the puck and creating plays from off the boards. These days I consider myself a playmaker. I always seem to get the puck to the guy that's staring at a yawning cage.... and with the guys I play with he/she misses the net 75% of the time!

evgeni71

May 28, 2008
Vancouver
I play like a fast Kyle Wellwood. one of the faster kids, good hands and playmaking ability

Kyle Wellwood fast?:huh:

I have a big shot (both wrister and slapper), decent playmaking skills, but just average skating. And I always try to throw a hit, even if it puts me out of position.. :p:

MG91

Feb 1, 2008
Surrey, BC
Id say Ales Hemsky...When im on my game I dominate, because of my smooth skating, stickhandling and shot. But i can disappear and may be a bit streaky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad