which NHL player do you play like the most?

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I play the way I play

Some teammates have compared my game to Chris Drury's though. I'm smaller than Dru (I'm 5'6"), but I'm very quick, usually match up against the other team's best offensive guy on defense and often shut him down completely, can pass pretty well, and I have a quick, lethal wrist shot and a booming slap shot when I choose to use them.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Stephane Yelle. Great defensively, as well as a solid center for faceoffs. Can still contribute to offense, great on the Pk, PP, and playoffs.

Mahox

Noncontroversial
Nov 13, 2005
Aki Berg :sarcasm:

M. Koivu perhaps. Very solid two way with some offensive prowess. Not the fastest either. I don't play though anymore.

noobman

Nov 28, 2007
Haha this thread makes me laugh.

It's all comparative...

IE I'm the "Nik Antropov" of my hockey league seeing as how I am, by comparison, really tall and lanky with "average" skating abilities but great two-way play, good playmaking skills, and a wide array of garbage goals :laugh:

I share nothing in common with the real Nik Antropov, seeing as how I stand at 6'2 185lb with two (almost) perfectly good knees.

lotus

Jul 22, 2006
New York
I try to play like Kovalchuk - but that doesn't quite work out unless it's an occasional rec league game.

For my school, I'd probably be a little more like Blair Betts haha. Bottom line(s), two way player - okay....but not great :P

Nov 28, 2006
Assuming we're comparing our style of play, and not skill level:

When I was playing, I'd play quite a bit like Lee Stempniak, from what I've seen from him.

Savante

Feb 18, 2008
Hate to use my team only as a comparison, but I have the most experience with them.. I'll say Kristian Huselius. Definite winger with plus puck handling and passing skills. I can score a little and get on hot streaks but if I could finish better, I'd be dominant. Good effort on defense, but not always physical enough to get the job done (still learning how to do that without taking bad penalties).

The Depahted

Jul 11, 2008
ISL
Bobby Holik, minus the imposing size. Maybe some Saku Koivu, too. Limited contributor on offense, always in position, hit everything that moves, can't shoot for my life. On the other hand I'm pretty quick and have good puck control and passing, and always work my ass off (though that may just be the asthma :laugh:)

Saku and Jarome Iginla are my two favorite big-time players, despite being a Bruins fan. I like to think that I can hit like Lucic, too. That doesnt work out so well :p:

Canad93

Jan 21, 2008
back when Roberts was a Leaf, I was told I played like him, but I've developed a much more skilled style since.

AK

May 31, 2008
A cross between Talbot, Holmstrom, and Avery.

Not nearly as good, of course.

ekcut

The Refs shot JFK.
Jul 25, 2007
Edmonton
My scouting report...
Like Chris Pronger
Tall, lanky, very good shot and good breakout passer. I am faster (relativly speaking to the level of competition) and a better shot blocker, but not as vicious and less "vision" with very little creativity. I angle players off to less dangerous areas rather than take the body, and with my combination of speed and size can count the number of times I've been beaten 1 on 1 in my life on one hand. With my wingspan and lonnnnng stick I am frusterating to play against because of broken up passes and poke checks when opposing players think they are safely out of reach.
I am not aggresive enough in the corners as I tend to play "contain" rather than "attack" so I can be victimized by good playmakers as they have time to find the open man, but danglers might as well not show up...
I am a .5 pt/gm dman in a league where teams average 2, 1pt/gm players per team.
Average yearly stats- 4g 8a 12pts 24pm +15 in a 24 game season for a .500 club.

dirtydevs9

Feb 2, 2008
USA
i'd probably compare my playing style with rick nash. i can dangle, shoot and score. im not too good of a skater but i'm working on it :laugh:

nabby12

Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg
Andrei Yankov,

Im pretty small and can make the key saves and big saves but I can also let an easy goal now and then. I have a good glove, but give up too any rebounds. A more realistic comparison would be Evgeni Nabokov but do too the size factor I'm more of a Yankov.

the_speedster

Jul 7, 2007
Andrei Yankov,

Im pretty small and can make the key saves and big saves but I can also let an easy goal now and then. I have a good glove, but give up too any rebounds. A more realistic comparison would be Evgeni Nabokov but do too the size factor I'm more of a Yankov.

you're such a ****ing yankov ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad