Which line would you rather have right now all at peak level?

Pick one line for your team currently

• Total voters

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
That's why I tend to value the Hart over the Lindsay/Pearson. The Hart is voted on after the season is over, the Lindsay/Pearson wasn't for many years - not sure if that's still the case though.

It's not that Naslund was bad down the stretch in 2003. From March 22nd onwards, he had 10 points in seven games. But Forsberg was unstoppable - he had 18 points in the final nine games. On the very last day of the season (after the Pearson voting was already done), Forsberg took the Art Ross from Naslund. He also propelled his linemate Milan Hejduk to take the Rocket Richard trophy from Naslund, and the Avalanche took the division title from Naslund's Canucks. Forsberg was obviously the better two-way player as well. We don't know with certainty, but it's inconceivable to me that the players would have picked Naslund over Forsberg if they did the vote at the end of the season.

This is exactly it.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Sorry, I’d probably put him at 3rd. What would your list look like?

I'll give it a shot, could be little difference between the first 5 or so and my opinions could change slightly depending on the day.

1. Crosby
2. McDavid
3. Jagr
4. Forsberg
5. Lindros
6. Malkin
7. Ovechkin
8. Sakic
9. Fedorov
10. Datsyuk
11. Bure
12. Kane
13. MacKinnon
14. Matthews
15. Stamkos

Reactions: Ben White

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
This very well could be the peak level of play for both players, but their numbers will seem fantastical only because we’re going up to 56 games.

Think of it this way. Crosby’s 2010-2011 is constantly talked about because it ended for him at a very clean 41 games and he went on a serious heater until a couple of games before the end. It’s easy for many to romanticize what could have been.

What is rarely brought up is his sophomore 2006-2007 season where he won the scoring title with 120 points in 79 games.

He had 95 points through 56 games. That’s almost 1.7 PPG and no one ever talks about it, no one ever mentions that he went 15 games deeper into the season than in 2010-2011 with a PPG that was .10 PPG higher, and a 139 point pace.

The reality is that he scored 25 points in his final 23 games and got to 120. No one mentions it because he played the rest of the season, won the awards, and it didn’t really matter that he didn’t push 140. Playing the full season naturally evened it out and fantasy talk didn’t spice it up more than it already was.

I believed that McDavid could flirt with 100 points going into this season because for 2.5 years straight, he had been averaging over 1.5 ppg and it didn’t seem inconceivable to me that given full health, his age, and the all conditions and stipulations of this season, that he could bump his production up an additional 10-15 points.

I don’t believe for a second that even if he gets to 100 in 56 that it means he would cross 145 points in a full normal campaign. Going past 130 would really surprise me.

If we get a full season next year, McDavid will very likely break his career high of 116 points and it will be seen as a slight disappointment or drop off from this season (if he ends up with 95-100 points) because he’s going to play 26 more games (if healthy) that will naturally drag down his PPG, pace, projections, and so on.
Crosby played the final month of 06-07 with a broken bone in his foot. Or he would have cleared 130

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Crosby played the final month of 06-07 with a broken bone in his foot. Or he would have cleared 130

No evidence of that. In the 9 games before that happened, he had 9 points, 1.00 PPG. He scored at a normal 1.33 PPG after the injury.

Guess the broken foot gave him super powers because his final 7 games saw him score at a 1.71 PPG clip.

He was going to score more than 12 points in his final 7 games? Or 4 points total in the game he sustained that and the following one? I guess he could have picked up a few more points rather than the 3 goose eggs in between, but can’t say I’m convinced the foot had anything to do with it.

He fell off his pace in the games leading up to it because it’s hard for anyone other than Gretzky and Lemieux to keep up a torrid streak for an entire season.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
I'll give it a shot, could be little difference between the first 5 or so and my opinions could change slightly depending on the day.

1. Crosby
2. McDavid
3. Jagr
4. Forsberg
5. Lindros
6. Malkin
7. Ovechkin
8. Sakic
9. Fedorov
10. Datsyuk
11. Bure
12. Kane
13. MacKinnon
14. Matthews
15. Stamkos

Good list

Reactions: authentic

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
No evidence of that. In the 9 games before that happened, he had 9 points, 1.00 PPG. He scored at a normal 1.33 PPG after the injury.

Guess the broken foot gave him super powers because his final 7 games saw him score at a 1.71 PPG clip.

He was going to score more than 12 points in his final 7 games? Or 4 points total in the game he sustained that and the following one? I guess he could have picked up a few more points rather than the 3 goose eggs in between, but can’t say I’m convinced the foot had anything to do with it.

He fell off his pace in the games leading up to it because it’s hard for anyone other than Gretzky and Lemieux to keep up a torrid streak for an entire season.
He was on pace for 125 in 82 as is. Which leads me to believe an even better crosby in 2011 would have at least scored 120

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
I'm sad there isnt a 6th line of

Mario Lemiux- Wayne Gretzky- Tie Domi

juuuust kidding, i dont think it would ever matter who the third player would be. It would still be them easily haha.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Always go with the best player in these situations. So crosby group. Him and malkin have already won 3 cups in 4 final appearances
Stamkos would only enhance that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad