Which line would be better this season - Matthews/McDavid/Laine or Ovechkin/Crosby/Malkin

Pick the best line

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Including Matthews rookie season Ovechkin has a whopping .03 points per game more than Matthews and Matthews has a .04 higher goals per game. We all know who the better defensive player is, it's not exactly an outlandish opinion.
what kind of stats are those?

points per game:
Ovechkin 1,12
Matthews 0,96

That difference is 0,16 not 0,03

goals per game:
Ovechkin 0,61
Matthews 0,55

Ovechkin leads by 0,06, not matthews by 0,04

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Man Laine with McDavid and Matthews.
In Laine 2.25 years he hasnt really played with as good as players with those 2 at 5on5.
Closely is Schiefele for about 30-40 games in year 1.
And for sur With more ice time?

I would love to see that............

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
This is what you just posted.

"Sure I want to say anything McDavid is the best. It's not the case here."

[mod]

I don't really care about what line people take, I would consider taking Ovechkin/Crosby/Malkin for 1 more playoff run anyway, but when Matthews has played at a similar pace to Ovechkin since entering the league (over 148 games) and is also the better defensive player and I'm mocked with AINEC comments in favour of Ovechkin from posters who are obsessed with tearing down Matthews it gets annoying. The lines are close obviously, which is why I made the thread. All these threads are for fun and people complain when I have Matthews in them. No one gives a **** that your fanbases will be crap compared to Toronto for years to come, keep your annoying bs in other threads if you don't like it.

Boy, talk about a touched nerve.

People aren’t “obsessed” with tearing down Matthews. Im surprised you don’t go the other way about the people who overhype Matthews, because that’s far more annoying.

Reactions: Future GOAT

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Boy, talk about a touched nerve.

People aren’t “obsessed” with tearing down Matthews. Im surprised you don’t go the other way about the people who overhype Matthews, because that’s far more annoying.

13 goals in 13 games and counting. Enough said.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I don't really like the composition of either of those lines tbh. I'd have both lines split up into 2 separate lines immediately. Especially with 2 Centers in each group.

From there, i'd probably lean toward the old-timers still. Experience still counts for something, and they can all 3 still play at an elite level. But it's awfully close.

bathdog

Oct 27, 2016
I don't really like the composition of either of those lines tbh. I'd have both lines split up into 2 separate lines immediately. Especially with 2 Centers in each group.

From there, i'd probably lean toward the old-timers still. Experience still counts for something, and they can all 3 still play at an elite level. But it's awfully close.

Yup, another year, two, or maybe even three. Time will tell. Wouldn't be surprised if the young line collectively has better season stats though, that can go either way at this point, but if winning the the objective experience is key.

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
Dont think 97 and 34 want the assignment of doing all the hard work while Laine floats around doing nothing while waiting. We saw how Wheeler and Scheif got sick of this after one season of floating Laine and 29 hasnt been back w them since. Of the 6 players obviously Laine doesnt belong in this conversation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad