Which jersey concept would you prefer to be the third in Brooklyn?

• Thread starter startainfection*
  • Start date

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
If they make one nice hat, it will make oodles and oodles of money.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
From a marketing standpoint you have to believe they're gonna go with the black and grey with "Brooklyn" written over the chest.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
All of the Isles jerseys you listed above were failures because the fanbase never bought into them, hence the reason none of them stuck around long. Sure SOME people bought them, but obviously not enough.

The "Brooklyn" brand, if there even is one technically, doesnt really translate to your average hockey fan who buys a jersey. That "brand" has caché with the hip hop community (which has a lot of crossover with the NBA) and people who actually live in the borough. People outside of those circles dont give a damn about "Brooklyn" as a place, brand, theoretical construct, etc. Hockey is a niche sport as is, without your core audience you're screwed.

Do the LAK jerseys appeal to the hip hop crowd? The Raiders crowd? Because the Kings try to bring back the purple/yellow ones but they don't sell b/c those are Lakers colors/identity. Hence, why the Kings after years of trying to move away from that Gretzky Black/white that became adopted by the hip hop crowd and use purple as much as possible they have essentially gone back to black and white without a so-called hip hop crowd despite winning a SC recently.

On the Brooklyn name - it has a ton of worldwide cache outside the sports world. I like how people here want the Brooklyn bridge as some logo but are against actually using the name on a Third jersey.

It Was 4 to 1*

Mar 22, 2009
GSv7ZTB.jpg

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
how about a BK third jersey of a pissed off LI Isles fan stuck in traffic or train on the logo?

LOL

OMG.. that would be ****ing epic.

(not trying to beat a dead horse, I truly think that would be awesome.) Any good photoshoppers out there? -- can make me one and hook me up?

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
Do the LAK jerseys appeal to the hip hop crowd? The Raiders crowd? Because the Kings try to bring back the purple/yellow ones but they don't sell b/c those are Lakers colors/identity. Hence, why the Kings after years of trying to move away from that Gretzky Black/white that became adopted by the hip hop crowd and use purple as much as possible they have essentially gone back to black and white without a so-called hip hop crowd despite winning a SC recently.

On the Brooklyn name - it has a ton of worldwide cache outside the sports world. I like how people here want the Brooklyn bridge as some logo but are against actually using the name on a Third jersey.

I'm not sure what your arguing here? That hockey fans like black and white? :confused:

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Showed my son 9yrs old son and his friends the black-white, grey, version jersey w. isle logo, and they went bonkers over it... That should tell you everything that you need to know..

But I already knew kids are stupid & don't know what the heck they're talking about? :D;):sarcasm:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Am I the only one who hates that Islanders script that was on their helmets? I can't stand it.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006

That's great! One issue though: it would have to be a dark jersey (reverse the black and white) since it will be used at home only. The other change I'd make would be to have a different patch on one shoulder (a "B" logo for use on hats, etc.). But it's really nice looking and has a historical precedent. The irony is that the Americans moved around the NY metro area too, if I'm not mistaken.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
there def doing black and white...it has been confirmed....

link?

Why...why....whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy with the black and white. So damn ugly! Freakin LA Kings East. Blue and Orange is a great color combo and yet people want a black jersey. I thought the isles would be smart enough to realize that black is just awful after these current 3rd abominations

black and white is way too much like the Kings.

I say we keep our colours please

10000% agree

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
link?

Why...why....whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy with the black and white.

Because it sells.

Do a quick search on what happened when the Raiders changed to Black and White.

That why the Nets chose it? anyone know that rationale?

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
That's great! One issue though: it would have to be a dark jersey (reverse the black and white) since it will be used at home only. The other change I'd make would be to have a different patch on one shoulder (a "B" logo for use on hats, etc.). But it's really nice looking and has a historical precedent. The irony is that the Americans moved around the NY metro area too, if I'm not mistaken.

White lettering on a black jersey would look better anyway. Though, I'm not crazy about the "Brooklyn" lettering going diagonally across the front.

And screw the Americans for that matter. Why does this team with it's already rich history need to associate themselves with a team that hasn't existed in 67 years and failed to make the playoffs 12 of the 19 seasons they existed? And it should also be noted, a team that was only the "Brooklyn Americans" for one season (their last) and that never actually played in Brooklyn.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
link?

Why...why....whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy with the black and white. So damn ugly! Freakin LA Kings East. Blue and Orange is a great color combo and yet people want a black jersey. I thought the isles would be smart enough to realize that black is just awful after these current 3rd abominations

10000% agree

I don't get the hatred for a third jersey. People are reacting as if this is the confirmed report of the change of our main jersey. The sole purpose of the third jersey is marketing dollars. It's for jersey sales. And these things will sell, as we've seen with the Nets.

Money is good for this team...

startainfection*

no, absolutely not

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad