Which goalie do you want to sign?

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Snow really blew it last summer in the goalie market. If Hiller makes it to UFA we need to make a big push to get him. Then if Nabby is willing to come back as a back up we'd be in good shape in goal. A big top 4 right shot D-man would help too. Although a score of Hiller and PK Subban over the summer would be sweet, then I woke up from my dream! All it takes is for Wang to open his wallet. LOL

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
The Isles desperately need a high quality goalie, especially since they are and will continue to be breaking in young players, especially d-men.

This year we had goalies who needed a great defense to cover for them, and a defense that needed a great goalie to cover for them. It was the worst of both worlds. Gotta, gotta, gotta fix it.

thumb

Jul 18, 2006
I don't know if it's true or not, by I think I remember when Wang first purchased the team and was trying to learn the game, he asked Milbury why not put a gigantic man in goal. I think he actually suggested placing a sumo-wrestler in net. So that is my prediction for next year.

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
I don't know if it's true or not, by I think I remember when Wang first purchased the team and was trying to learn the game, he asked Milbury why not put a gigantic man in goal. I think he actually suggested placing a sumo-wrestler in net. So that is my prediction for next year.

I'll do you one better, lets Re-sign DP!

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
I know everyone is all concerned about the goalie, and we do need a good one, but with the piss poor defense in front of him, it would take a miracle for whoever it is to put up good numbers. Whoever the goalie is needs a significantly improved defense in front of him in order to be successful. barring that, it doesnt matter a lick who we sign.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
I am shocked any of you want Ward after the year he had.

Or is it that all the better goaltenders won't come here? I'd call it the "I don't want to play for a team moving in the wrong direction" effect. Is it a matter of him being the best one out of the scrub box willing to come here for too much money?

No, Ward is a flashy name and that's about it. Not sure anyone who is recommending him has seen him this year.

simbo042

Apr 24, 2013
Newcastle, UK
I voted Hiller and Halak but I'm not sure we'll be in the running for either.

Ward and Reimer seem the most likely to me. I'd prefer Reimer, he's probably more motivated to find a starting job regardless of team reputation and with a chip on his shoulder he'll have something to prove.

Beastrt

Jun 14, 2011
I voted Hiller and Halak but I'm not sure we'll be in the running for either.

Ward and Reimer seem the most likely to me. I'd prefer Reimer, he's probably more motivated to find a starting job regardless of team reputation and with a chip on his shoulder he'll have something to prove.

I think the islanders are gonna address this at the draft with their picks like staple mentioned something like Reimer for poulin and a 2nd. I dont think snow is gonna risk going to free agency again and then if the main guys sign elsewhere we are screwed.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I think the islanders are gonna address this at the draft with their picks like staple mentioned something like Reimer for poulin and a 2nd. I dont think snow is gonna risk going to free agency again and then if the main guys sign elsewhere we are screwed.

Staple has also mentioned the Isles interest in Hiller( gonna get a big payday), Halak , Elliott and Miller.

Miller reportedly had the isles on his list of 8 teams, he would not OK a trade to. I guess we can cross him off the isles wishlist and hope the others test the UFA market.

Beastrt

Jun 14, 2011
Staple has also mentioned the Isles interest in Hiller( gonna get a big payday), Halak , Elliott and Miller.

Miller reportedly had the isles on his list of 8 teams, he would not OK a trade to. I guess we can cross him off the isles wishlist and hope the others test the UFA market.

Looking at cap geek there are teams that are definitely unsetteled in goal next year. For example, washington, calgery, minnesota, edmonton, pittsburg, buffalo, san jose, ducks ( will probably want a veteran could keep Hiller on a short term deal) St louis (likely will resign miler).

We need a goalie more then most of these teams but teams will overspend and we could be stuck having to make a trade after the draft. Teams can spend for next year with the cap going up. This is why i think we make a trade at the draft for reimer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad