Which goalie do you want to sign?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
In a perfect(but unlikely) world Miller, if not him Hiller, and if not him I would settle for any combination of 2 of the other guys(Halak, Nabby, Khudobin, I probably would throw Bryzgalov into the equation)

JZCislesHockey

Jul 29, 2013
Long Island, NY
In a perfect(but unlikely) world Miller, if not him Hiller, and if not him I would settle for any combination of 2 of the other guys(Halak, Nabby, Khudobin, I probably would throw Bryzgalov into the equation)

Imo, if we go for Khudobin, it would be worthwhile to bring back Nabby to mentor him. As well, I believe I've read that Khudobin idolizes Nabby, so that could be a drawing card.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I think Miller re-signs with the Blues or goes to another legit contender. I think Hiller stays in Anaheim, and I would not be surprised in Carolina re-signed Khudobin.

That leaves Halak and lesser options.

To answer the question in the OP, I would take any of those goalies with Nabby coming back solely as a backup.

Khudobin/Nabby could be an interesting tandem for sure.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
I assume Nabby will be back as backup, and Poulin will be gone.

I think Miller stays in STL for sure. I want Hiller, next would be Khudobin, or Halak if not him.

DktrFaustus

Dec 22, 2011
brooklyn
still think khudobin can be picked up on the cheap. nabby would be a great mentor and backup. then the next year, he can retire and take over as goaltending coach.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
I like Khudobin, thought we should have signed him last offseason.

original islander

Oct 12, 2011
Would like to add one more name to the poll, Greiss might be an option if they want to go low budget.

Agree with you about Greiss but would also throw Ben Scrivens into the mix. Maybe both of them if we miss out on Miller, Hiller and Halak.
Also either Greiss or Scrivens with Khudobin would be a good possibility.

Last edited:

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Agree with you about Greiss but would also throw Ben Scrivens into the mix. Maybe both of them if we miss out on Miller, Hiller and Halak.
Also either Greiss or Scrivens with Khudobin would be a good possibility.

Scrivens is from around Edmonton, probably his first choice would be to stay there depending on playing time. If Greiss is looking for opportunity, the Islanders are a good place for him. Forget Miller, bet he stays in St Louis.

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
Maybe Garth should put the goalie pads and play next year. Think about it, Cheap Chuck can save some $$$ having the first GM/Goalie. And DP can be the goalie coach.:sarcasm:

scott99

May 13, 2005
Imo, if we go for Khudobin, it would be worthwhile to bring back Nabby to mentor him. As well, I believe I've read that Khudobin idolizes Nabby, so that could be a drawing card.

Exactly. I think this would be perfect.

OpAck

Feb 19, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Should've gotten Khudobin last season and let him be mentored by the guy he idolizes (Nabby). That would've been the smart thing to do...and of course, pure speculation, but I think our season would look alot different right now if Khudobin took over as starter when Nabby went down compared to Poulin. Khudobin has "stolen" alot of wins for Carolina in front of a not so stellar defense and the fans down here are literally willing to kick Ward to curb in favor of him.

I'd be all for getting Khudobin, but I'm afraid that ship has sailed and Carolina will try hard (and maybe fail with that big contract) to dump Ward in favor of Khudobin.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
If we don't get a defensive game and some quality blueliners.....and a coach.....what difference does it make who we get?

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
i fully expect them to just sign Nabokov because it is by far the easiest thing for Garth Snow to do. I'm convinced he doesn't like doing any work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad